Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Needleroozer

So just how many posts does it take to become a worker bee anyhow?

I remember Rachel being one after 50, but I had only 47 posts when I noticed the change for me. And is there anyone who has posted enough to get to whatever is next after worker bee?

Can you tell my dh is home and depressed and I need something inconsequential and silly to get me through the morning?

Well, it's more than 80! I thought I had seen someone with the next level this morning. Now I can't find her. I did find someone with 80 and is still a worker bee.

I wonder if there are more in the line up?

I wonder...

Do I...

Seal the honey?

Feed the babies?

Guard the nest?

Inspect bees as they arrive to the nest?

Build the honeycomb?

Collect nector?

Help the Queen?

Move the eggs?

Carry water

Move dead larvae?

Fan the hive?

Maybe I can be a soldier perhaps, guarding the hive from the attack of preditors!:D

Is there any way the difference in in using Quick Reply versus the standard reply? I can't imagine it would be but who knows. I'm glad to not be visiting. :) I'll be a worker soon.

It's so much easier to read more and post more now, for me.

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that your dh is depressed. That's a tough one. :( Hang in there LB!

Thanks, Julie. It is job-related, and he is really struggling. *But* he returned the call of a recruiter this morning, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that something amazing will come of it. He has never before worked so hard for so little, and it is taking its toll.

I like the idea of collecting nectar. To spend the day flying from flower to flower seems a good way to pass the day.

Yes, that does sound nice.

Maybe the soldier bee would be too stressful for me.

It that isn't enough...for those who'd like to know more...:rolleyes:

Did you know that male bees lead a life of leisure. They do no work and are fed by the worker bees. Their sole purpose is to mate with the queen and then....well....they die a peaceful death.

BTW worker bees do not mate :eek:

I wonder what the top level is? Does going up have something to do with how many threads you start? or how many people reply to you? It doesn't seem to JUST be how many post you have made. Maybe Bob knows.

Mine just switched over at the post I did before this one, which means it switched at 42 posts for me. I wonder why all the discrepancies?

I wonder who becomes The Queen Bee? (Is that Susan? By looking at her avatar? :))

Once you're the Queen Bee, does that mean at some point you die and aren't allowed on here anymore? LOL

I feel like I won't ever be a worker bee either! I feel like I am posting more than I ever have before, and I still have some measly little number of posts. That probably means I should just go be a real worker bee, and do my laundry or contact more vendors or update my website or....

OK, this is such a silly string of posts! But now I have to post to see how many posts I have and now I'll have to watch and see when it changes to worker bee! Thanks for the laughs

Melissa

Wow - now I know what the next level is. I will be there some day. Right now my littlest is asking to get out of the tub apparently warm baths get cold while your worker bee mom is reading.

Good information to know Lolly thank you....I will click on your scale. :) ....that you click on the scale....i guess I kind of don't like to popularity contest feel to that though.....it is one of the MANY reasons my kids are home.....

oh well...

I have a feeling it is one of those things that isn't going to be used. Probably a good thing. Exactly what could come of being a Popular Person???? A good reputation, if someone gives negative marks, does your reputation go backwards? The scientist in me is wanting to experiment...:D

I have a feeling it is one of those things that isn't going to be used. Probably a good thing. Exactly what could come of being a Popular Person???? A good reputation, if someone gives negative marks, does your reputation go backwards? The scientist in me is wanting to experiment...:D

The sticky in the Sale and Swap board explains the reputations.

OOhhhh! a sticky??? I'll have to go and figure that one out by just reading. Guess the experiments will have to hold off!

not too sure if I want to be a nurse bee though because I do enough nursing here at home. Really, I'm had enough snotty noses, coughing, fevers and throw up to last me a lifetime. The boards are here to take me away - - like Calgone. ;)