Menu

So just how many posts does it take to become a worker bee anyhow?

I remember Rachel being one after 50, but I had only 47 posts when I noticed the change for me. And is there anyone who has posted enough to get to whatever is next after worker bee?

Can you tell my dh is home and depressed and I need something inconsequential and silly to get me through the morning?

I wonder if there are more in the line up?

I wonder...

Do I...

Seal the honey?

Feed the babies?

Guard the nest?

Inspect bees as they arrive to the nest?

Build the honeycomb?

Collect nector?

Help the Queen?

Move the eggs?

Carry water

Move dead larvae?

Fan the hive?

Maybe I can be a soldier perhaps, guarding the hive from the attack of preditors!:D

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that your dh is depressed. That's a tough one. :( Hang in there LB!

Thanks, Julie. It is job-related, and he is really struggling. *But* he returned the call of a recruiter this morning, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that something amazing will come of it. He has never before worked so hard for so little, and it is taking its toll.

It that isn't enough...for those who'd like to know more...:rolleyes:

Did you know that male bees lead a life of leisure. They do no work and are fed by the worker bees. Their sole purpose is to mate with the queen and then....well....they die a peaceful death.

BTW worker bees do not mate :eek:

I feel like I won't ever be a worker bee either! I feel like I am posting more than I ever have before, and I still have some measly little number of posts. That probably means I should just go be a real worker bee, and do my laundry or contact more vendors or update my website or....

I have a feeling it is one of those things that isn't going to be used. Probably a good thing. Exactly what could come of being a Popular Person???? A good reputation, if someone gives negative marks, does your reputation go backwards? The scientist in me is wanting to experiment...:D

I have a feeling it is one of those things that isn't going to be used. Probably a good thing. Exactly what could come of being a Popular Person???? A good reputation, if someone gives negative marks, does your reputation go backwards? The scientist in me is wanting to experiment...:D

The sticky in the Sale and Swap board explains the reputations.