Menu

S/O "didn't know I was preg"

When you were pregnant, did you look the part?

My parent and in-laws KNEW I was pregnant with #4 at about 6 weeks. I didn't tell them until 12 weeks. I looked pregnant. I always look like someone shoved a watermelon under my shirt!!! No way to mistake whether I'm pregnant or not.

What about you? Do you look pregnant when pregnant?

With my first, you could not tell I was pg all the time until I was about 7-8 months along. I had been very sick during my pregnancy (severe morning sickness plus pneumonia for which I was hospitalized) and hadn't gained much weight.

So, if I hadn't known I was pg, I could have blamed my sickness on the pneumonia and slight weight gain on something else, and then if I had the baby early, I could have possibly gone into labor not knowing.

Now, I look pregnant even when I'm not. :glare:

But remember, ER was 5-6 weeks early. By the time I was 6 months pregnant, though, I had only gained 8 pounds. I was still having to tell people I was pregnant because they couldn't look at me and tell, and I wasn't wearing maternity clothes yet.

I started showing a little earlier with EK, my second baby. With her, I gained 26 lbs. total.

I was 6 weeks along with ds before my boss at work mentioned I should take a pg test because I was tired all the time. Before that it never occurred to me.

I do show very early though, 2 different, very experienced doctors to be convinced I was either off on my dates or carrying twins. I look pg after about month 3. My last doctor said it is the way my uterus sits that makes me carry all up front. I gained 48 lbs with ds, 112lbs to 160 and left the hospital at about 128lbs, so I lost 32lbs just delivering :0) It was all baby and baby goosh.

I don't get morning sickness, just sleep a lot, so I don't get the 'green' look that some pregnant women have in the first month. Some women look like they are going to puke if they even think about food.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

I look the part even when I'm not. I'm overweight, and carry it all in my belly. "Apple shaped", as they say. Pregnancy just makes me a bit more so. I frequently told people that I was pregnant, because I could easily have just been getting slightly fatter. And I have had people ask me "when are you due?" when I'm not.

Sigh.

The curse of roundness.

Hmmm, I start "looking" pregnant around 6 mos.

But, when I was pregnant with my 1st, during Sunday School they made an announcement about my baby shower, and the woman sitting beside me exclaimed, "I didn't know you were pregnant!"

I was 8 mos. pregnant -- no mistaking it -- I guess she thought I just gained a bunch of weight really, really fast.:glare:

But I am very small....so any little weight gain is very noticeable, LOL. Of course with each additional pregnancy....I showed sooner, LOL! I gained about 20 pounds with each pregnancy (4 babies).....but I only weighed about 100 when I got pregnant.....

I was one of those people who looked like I was hiding a basketball or a watermelon under my shirt. Very obviously pregnant. It bugged my friend, who was four months farther along than I was, but didn't show as much because of her build. I remember once, we met someone we'd been corresponding with (we worked together), and he immediately said to me, "You're pregnant! Congratulations!" I thanked him, and Julie chimed in, "So am I. I'm actually due next month." So I was only about 4-5 months, but my "baby bump" was unmistakable.

Wendi

I looked pregnant with my 2nd only. From day one that kid was horizontal and I was pushed out in horribly grotesque ways! The girls though, no one knew I was really pregnant until about 8 months or so. I just looked like I was thickening up a bit. With the third I wore my normal pants the entire pregnancy and only resorted to unbuttoned pants the last 6 or 8 weeks. :D This one now really depends on the day/hour. Its kind of odd.

I am pregnant with our sixth, and this morning (I'm 10 weeks) my kids exclaimed "Mom you're having twins!" LOL, I normally carry very small, but this time I am starting to wonder!! I officially pulled out the maternity clothes and even my husband commented last night that I sure do have a belly! .....we'll see!

With my first, yep.

With Diva, I was registering my son for school, and going through these really inane questions (for those going, huh? I explained in my intro I have an older son that doesn't live with us, I actually do have 4 kids) and one of the questions was, "Will there be anyone else living with you during the school year?" and I looked at her like she was nuts, and answered yes. She asked, adult or child. I answered child, my impression of her insanity growing. Keep in mind, she's LOOKING at me the entire time, not typing away, looking at me, and then writing this stuff down. She then asks when the child will be moving in. :glare: I say, late October, early November. She asks, 'How old will the child be?' and at this point I snap, "Newborn!" She stares at me and says, "Oh, you're pregnant?!" I do the hand/shelf thing to show my 8 mth belly and say, "Yeah, just a wee bit." Duh. A blind man could tell just by my dainty buffalo thundering like footsteps at that point :glare:

Tazzie and Princess...yup, right out there too.

Oh, and I'm a freak of nature. I lose weight when I'm pregnant. I way as much when I deliver, if not less, then when I first get pregnant, and my smallest baby was my last, at 7 lbs 5 oz. My biggest was my eldest, at 9 lbs 6 oz. My babies got smaller as I went, not bigger, and my last was my longest labour.

With my first, I saw a friend when I was 8 months. She saw me again a week later and went "I didn't realize you were pregnant when I saw you last week!" I was in college and most people left for the summer after spring quarter in mid-June, and when they came back for fall semester (yes, quarter to semester - we converted, UGH!), they wondered where the baby had come from!

Ds I told people but I didn't really look pregnant until at least 30 weeks.

Dd2, some people told me when I was 35 weeks that they hadn't realized I was pregnant. Uh, thanks?

I'm tall (5'9") and started my first pregnancy at 130 lbs. I had two weeks of morning sickness, then never felt better in my life that whole pregnancy! When I was 6 months along, noone knew I was pregnant. at about 7 months, I suddenly dropped and looked big! I gained 44 pounds because, the doc said, I needed extra for support, since I had no real fat when I started. It was a very rough birth, but when I weighed the day after I had him, I weighed 129! I thought I was a baby machine, since I had so few problems! :001_rolleyes:

My second pregnancy, I could tell I was pregnant within a couple of days! I was so surprised I could tell so soon! I did okay right at first, but by the time I was 5 weeks along, I was sick.....and stayed sick the whole time. My first was 2 1/2, poor little guy! I could rarely get up out of bed to do stuff with him! We did a lot of reading, with him sitting by me on the couch. You could tell I was pregnant by about 4 months along. Then I just kept growing and growing---but only in the front, I wasn't fat elsewhere--as others have said, it was the classic basketball in the front look! I gained 49 1/2 pounds with him, and was miserable by the time I had him. He weighed 10 lbs., 2 oz., so I thought, based on my first, that surely I had lost a lot of weight again! When I weighed the next morning, I had only lost 12 pounds from my last weigh-in before having him! :eek: What a disappointment!

With my third, I gained 44 pounds (just the way my body does, I guess, cuz it was always around the same, no matter what I ate or didn't eat!), and looked nice and round, but not so basketballish. I was probably about 5 months when I started showing. My last baby is 12yo, and I STILL am working on losing that baby fat!!!:tongue_smilie::001_smile:

Edited by Brindee

I don't think I look pregnant yet (7.5 wks along) but my tummy has decided to poof out anyway (:glare: WHY? The baby is only the size of a blueberry now, right? Where's all this poofiness coming from? Ugh.) Only two pairs of jeans fit me at the moment, and my shirts are snug, but I'm not ready for maternity clothes yet. That said, I don't think I look pregnant yet, just a bit poofier.

The funny thing is that someone guessed I was pregnant before I even knew I was. We found out on a Tuesday, and immediately told everyone we knew. (We'd already told the dc, and at that point they're going to tell everyone anyway!) The next Sunday one of the men from church told me that his wife had told him that she thought I was pregnant when they came home from church the previous week. :001_huh: He said she has an uncanny ability to know when someone is expecting, sometimes even without having seen the person. Weird.

I'm obviously pregnant-looking earlier and earlier. With B it was around 5 months.

When you were pregnant, did you look the part?

My parent and in-laws KNEW I was pregnant with #4 at about 6 weeks. I didn't tell them until 12 weeks. I looked pregnant. I always look like someone shoved a watermelon under my shirt!!! No way to mistake whether I'm pregnant or not.

What about you? Do you look pregnant when pregnant?

No. I'm very tall and remarkably enough ds was a long but very skinny baby (22", 6 lb. 3 oz.). He was born in late summer, and I spent most of the bigger half of pregnancy in loose fitting clothing. You really couldn't tell I was pregnant, even up to the end. I didn't stick out much really. It looked more like a beer belly than anything. When I showed up at the hospital they kept asking me was I sure. :001_huh: