Menu

Best board and card games for 8 players?

Jane Elliot

Dutch Blitz,  with two decks, having two tables, or having only half the players play each round (we've done it that way with an adult and a kid on each team, kids play the kids round, adults play adult round)

Tripoley is fun, but it is gambling, even if you use chips. We use pennies. 

• Like 1

Well, what games do you already have and enjoy? Are you okay with setting up two game tables sometimes?

We play and like tons of games, all kinds, but most of them are somehow not conducive to 8-person play. DS and his wife recently moved back to town, and so 8-person play is a change for us. We've been having success playing Terra as teams, but the two youngest keep dropping out when we do that. I'd have all kinds of options if we split up into two game tables, but I was hoping for group play. 

Edited by Jane Elliot

I like Anomia - I have a party edition that has extra decks. But it may challenge the younger crowd just a little depending on their random trivia like knowledge -- but then again, I'm often stumped too, so not worth excluding the game over that small concern. It's a card game.

• Like 1

Hand and Foot.  Requires one deck of cards per person.  We've been playing this as a family game for every holiday for years.  You can find rules online.

A game we call Nothing,but is often called Golf.  You can find rules for this game (and variations) online, too.

We're big on card games here. lol

• Like 1