Menu

This is going to be the best World Series in a long time!

kentuckymom

They did it! The Cubs are going to the World Series for the first time since 1945! Think about that. My dad, who is 78, was 7 years old the last time that happened.  Most current Cubs fans weren't born yet. And they're playing against the Cleveland Indians, another longsuffering team. Of course, we may have to keep an eye out for the four horsemen of the apocalypse in the stands, but this is going to be awesome :).

• Like 13

I am so excited, too! It is just amazing!! I couldn't even swallow during that last inning, and my stomach was in a complete knot. Oh, my!!! And then FORGET sleeping last night! 

It is going to be a wild week. My poor college son has a big calculus test at 8:00 a.m. the morning after Game 1. This will really test his mettle!

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got hubby season tickets as a wedding present almost 30 years ago.  He was there over a decade ago when that one fan reached out and grabbed a baseball and then the Cubs fell apart.  He was there last night (couldn't sell that last ticket so I told him he was MEANT to be there*) and is so happy now that he went.  He is going for sure next Saturday... it does get hard to enjoy a game when folks are offering a bucket of money for tickets (*which is why he was trying to sell that last ticket yesterday but ran out of time and had to suffer traffic and go himself).

• Like 1

I got hubby season tickets as a wedding present almost 30 years ago.  He was there over a decade ago when that one fan reached out and grabbed a baseball and then the Cubs fell apart.  He was there last night (couldn't sell that last ticket so I told him he was MEANT to be there*) and is so happy now that he went.  He is going for sure next Saturday... it does get hard to enjoy a game when folks are offering a bucket of money for tickets (*which is why he was trying to sell that last ticket yesterday but ran out of time and had to suffer traffic and go himself).

I heard today that, depending on the location of the seats, ticket prices are already upwards of $12,000!

GO Cubs!

:hurray:

I heard today that, depending on the location of the seats, ticket prices are already upwards of $12,000!

GO Cubs!

:hurray:

Hubby's seats are in the $8,000 range (now). The temptation to sell them all and bank the money is tempting, BUT I told him he has to attend one game as years from now the money would be long gone (paying bills) but the memory of attending a World Series game with his beloved Cubs after waiting so long - priceless. His seats are on the first base side of home plate, behind the foul ball net (although one year a ball managed to go over the net and land at hubby's feet*!) and just under a walkway (so out of rain) four rows behind the more $$$ box seats. I win giving best wedding gift ever!

*hubby was so shocked he didn't move in time and another dude swooped in and grabbed the ball from between hubby's feet. Oh well.

Edited by JFSinIL
  • Like 1

Happy for the Cubs!

Neat to see so many KC area people and Royals fans on this thread too. 

Last year was sooooooo exciting! Watching the Cubs fan celebrate making it to the world series brought back that feeling. Also it is nice to see the joy in others. Looking forward to some good baseball this week.

ETA: Maybe we need the other kind of "mixers" thread to accompany all this joy?

Edited by Jyhwkmama
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...