Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I'd better quick get this up before the board goes down on me again (happened off and on tonight while the rest of you are sleeping).

clean kitchen

laundry

school

make ds do his physics - he's doing good so we need to make this a habit.

see how sick dd is in the morning.

Hopefully I won't be sick too (starting to get a sore throat on top of the throat swelling I still have from my last illness.  Oh joy.)

find part online for the refrigerator

cook something.

call Mom 

• Like 3

4 am here. There is no snow on the ground! So much for having help with the sick kids today. So basically I'm in survival mode. They are all spread out in nests on my floor. I dont have to worry about feeding them because this thing comes with no appetite. I'll keep laundry moving all day since they just keep spoiling things. Other things...

- cancel Friday's well check up appointments for baby and 2 year old.

- call insurance company about baby's insurance issues

- do dishes

- place library books on hold

- sleep when kids are sleeping

- drink lots of coffee

• Like 3

Jean, I pray your throat will heal up completely, and praying your dd isn't sick! 

hjffkj, praying your kids get well, too! 

I got home late last night, so I've got a busy day ahead.

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed the cats

To Do:

breakfast

look at the schoolwork completed while I was gone

do school for the day

see what food we have here for today and tomorrow

lunch

laundry

tidy house

pay bills

dinner

take dd to play practice

make a list for grocery shopping at World Market/Trader Joe's tomorrow

watch training webinars and begin reading through Magalog (DONE: one webinar)

• Like 3

Today we have co-op all day.

Then I come home and pick up youngest and head out to scope out a new Eagle project site for my oldest.  It is an hour away.

That will take up pretty much the entire day.  I will leave here around 8am and get home around 7pm.

• Like 3

Woke up at 7 and snow was just starting but they canceled schools anyway meaning dh doesn't have to go into treach this morning. We won't know until later today if his boss closes the kung fu school for the whole night. That will depend on if it continues to snow and conditions get bad.

• Like 2

I hope everyone who is under the weather feels better soon!

My list:

• Get the kids up & out, including breakfast & lunches.  [done]
  • Clean kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.  [done]
  • Work until 5:45, taking breaks for:
    • A little exercise (mostly stretching, since I have TKD later)  [done]
    • A little housework  [done]
    • A little reading   [done]
    • Check to see if I signed the kids up for the next swim team session at the rec center  [done, they weren't, so I signed them up]
    • Get kids started on homework/study/practice  [done]
  • Mail that darn summer camp form already.
  • Family TKD (still not feeling great, but since this is apparently my new normal, I need to just do it).  [Not going.  I didn't finish my work and besides, I am having a TMI problem and don't want to leave the house.]
  • Quick grocery stop.  [Maybe tomorrow.]
  • Probably bake a pizza for dinner.  [Nope, probably mac'n'cheez]
  • Read-aloud.  [done]
  • Any remaining kids' homework/study/practice.  [done]
  • Pack kids' bags, lay out morning clothes.  [done]
  • Kids to bed.  [done]
  • Work 10-midnight.
  • Like 3

If the snow only started at 7am, it's been coming down hard for an hour! We have 1.5 inches already on the deck outside my kitchen window. DH will be working from home today. Everything has been cancelled (my training session, ballet, dh's Chinese class, a fundraiser we were to attend tonight).

To do:

--shovel for exercise!

--school w dd: math, chem, Science Olympiad events

--a few emails

--some paperwork for Saturday

--some research for school next year

--read :D

• Like 3

this week has been a spring clean week. With all our remodeling, several areas have been neglected. So school is audio books, cleaning, art and a few other random things. so continuing with that theme...

Start on the girls room. Wish me luck, it's bad.

co op planning meeting tonight for next year

supper is chicken and rice

• Like 3

Wind chill here?  -24.  Seriously?  It's MARCH.  MARCH!  

;)

So:

Vent about the weather

Balance checkbook

Pay bills

Make copywork

Do school - Science today, grammar, SAT prep, writing.  

Order new math for Timothy

Barton x 3

Run to the bank

Pick up stuff for hamantaschen (Purim)

Ana is making dinner tonight.

Yesterday was a rough school day - AND we spent 2.5 hours looking for DVDs but the house is super clean - under things, in things, in places we never clean.  :glare:  :hurray:

• Like 2

Good Morning!

To all of you under the weather ...hope you will be feeling better soon!  :grouphug:

It's just started sleeting here...everything is closed and everyone is home.  I made breakfast casserole and land of nods for breakfast, so all I have to do is bake. :) 

Today:  

• ds has 2 online classes today
  • do algebra and geometry classes together
  • watch the movie A Tale of Two Cities with ds
  • cook loaded nachos for dinner

Have a good day everyone!  

• Like 1

Good morning.

Found out the mom of some of my childhood friends past away last night so can I please get some prayers for them and thier families. We were also neighbors and very close

- call in dh's meds- done

- pay a few more bills- done

- get dh's meds- done

- get library hold- done

- dishes- done

- laundry- done

- fold laundry

- make packing list and start packing for funeral- list made

- tidy house- done

- get dd1 off bus- picked her up do to stomach issues

- stop at Walmart for diapers and wipes- done

- dinner- done

- baths

- bedtime routine

• Like 2

Good morning! We are finally starting to warm up and it is not snowing. We are doing school now, for tomorrow is the State meet! Ds3 and dd2 are super excited, and I just can't wait for the season to finish up! For them. dd1 has her final sc meet at the end of March. I hope you all stay warm and get well. Praying for your friend's mom, MomtoCandJ.

To do:

school for all

chores for all

laundry

work out schedule for this weekend

clean study/bills

random house work

PM practice/judo pick up

Have a great day, everyone!

• Like 1

We are supposed to get temps in the 80s here in the Sunshine State of FL. Spring is arriving here so hopefully it will make it way to those of you in colder climates soon.

I had dd do English and Psychology

Did a load of laundry

Vacuumed

Dusted bedroom

Pet care

Still to do-take dd to a performance she wants to attend

Clean up kitchen after dinner. Dh is bringing home pizza.

Morning, all!   :grouphug: to those of you that are dealing with illness; hope things go better today.  MomtoCandJ,  :grouphug:

Done:

coffee, breakfast, kitchen

To do:

school

Laundry

Fill more boxes, bags for donation

vacuum 

mop downstairs

front porch

pick out plants for front yard

other stuff I'll add along the way as the day progresses!

Well picked dd1 up from school due to stomach issues. I hope she's well enough to go tomorrow, otherwise there will a lot of major fits and not just her. We will be staying with my brother and his 3 kids and dd1 is the same age as them and if she's not with me I will have 3 disappointed 6 yr olds and 1 7 yr old (dd1 being one of the 6yr olds)

Human care done.  

I don't have a sore throat today but I am back to tummy issues.  Nothing too bad.   Just there.  The throat is still swollen a bit - not due to a virus but due to whatever has made this a chronic thing.  I guess I'm glad that we're finally pinpointing the source of symptoms I've had for years but I'm a bit frustrated that there is no solution other than treating it if it turns into an acute problem.  I think I have some more medical research ahead of me here.  

Dd is still sick.  She's more of a slug today than she was even yesterday.  

Found the part I need online for the fridge.  Need to figure out how to replace it now.

Took ds to work this morning.

Made dinner for dh and his packed supper.

Talked to my mom.  Got a kick out of hearing that my 90 year old mom went to an art show yesterday.  I hope I'm as interested in my hobbies and the world when I'm her age.

Cleaned the kitchen.

Next up:  laundry

• Like 1

Dang.  I could not get my work done today and I don't feel good enough to go to TKD.  I could have taken the kids there and worked on my laptop, but I would have had to rush around, and it wasn't worth it.  My kids are disappointed but oh well.  Maybe tomorrow.

I did get some decluttering / reorganizing done.  Just a fraction of what needs done, but it made me feel better.

• Like 1

One load folded and half put away.  I got side-tracked and never got back to the other half.  I'd better get on that!

Broken part finally pried out of the fridge.  Now I need to order the new part.

Helped ds get his remaining new desk drawers put back into his room.  Yay, I'm getting my living room back!  

Returned an e-mail to dd's 10k trainer.  Need to work out one more detail for her.  Sigh.  I've been procrastinating on this and can't put it off anymore.

Dealt with more compost.  I seem to do an awful lot with compost. . .  What I really need to do is to washout the outside composter but I'm not sure that I'm up for that at this point.  But if I don't, it might attract vermin now that we have spring here.

So. . . next:   order the new parts

• Like 1

Snow finally stopped...6 inches of beautiful white snow.  We shoveled the driveway, cleaned off cars and sidewalks.  

Dinner was loaded nachos with fresh pico de gallo and a nice glass of wine.  

it's Blacklist night and I got a nap today...life is good!  :D

• Like 1

There has been no vomiting for a few hours and fevers are gone! They all wanted to eat applesauce so I'm hoping the worst is over.

I've gotten the dishes under control and will start folding the massive amounts of laundry once baby girl is asleep again.

Best part of the day.. I spent over an hour places holds on books from the library and becoming familiar with all the awesome ebooks the library has! I've got a lot of reading to do

• Like 3

Soooooo tired from shoveling! Dh did it twice and I did it twice. We got more than 8", probably closer to 10". It's absolutely gorgeous :) I just wish the snowblower hadn't stopped working during the last storm!

Dh made choc chip cookies. Dd made dinner.

Dd and I wrestled w some astrophysics equations she needs to know and manipulate for the Science Olympiad competition on Saturday. I think I deserve a good book now :eek:

• Like 2

Best part of the day.. I spent over an hour places holds on books from the library and becoming familiar with all the awesome ebooks the library has! I've got a lot of reading to do

We have such a wonderful library system :party: I read 2-5 library ebooks a week :D

• Like 2

MomtoCandJ,  :grouphug:

Jean, I'm so sorry! Praying your throat is going to be completely well! 

SKL, hope you are feeling better, too!

We don't really have a full load of laundry to be done right now, just partial of everything. I think I'll wait until Saturday. There will be multiple loads by then. 

Off to go through my pantries and make a list for tomorrow!