Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I've been working on ancient history all morning! I went through the eleven (:eek:) books picked up at the library yesterday and eliminated all but two. Relevant sections of those books have been added to the syllabus. Whew!

I hope the remaining holds will come in tomorrow or Friday (closed on Thursdays). I really want to finish this subject this week!!!

Also today:

--lunch

--exercise

--work on writing rules for some Elementary Science Olympiad events (the local homeschool group will be having a Science Fun Festival this fall with competitive events for grades 3-5; the other Division C coach and I are heading the whole shebang)

--start pizza dough for dinner

--prep all the veggies

--check prices on Arabic books as soon as the teacher replies to me

--see if ds needs textbooks for this semester

In amazing news, ds has his first real job offer for after graduation :party: He should have many choices :D

Better late than never!

Done already: dressed to the shoes

Dishes

Hwt, sight words, read aloud, reading

Spoke forever with serviceman about broken home appliance and patch fixed it

Crockpot dinner cooking

Healthy breakfast and lunch done

Spot vacuum area rugs

Took out garbage and recycling

To do: nap! --done thank goodness!

Get dc to nap! -- done thank goodness !

Get oops I forgot to get something groceries -- done

Hopefully clean master bath and/or guest bath -- guest done, master started (sort of)

Reserve for birthday party -- nope oops

Get invites for party -- nope

Maybe school supply shopping/bulk shopping? - nope

Appt PT -- sigh nope

Did I forget to do this last night? I was pretty tired.

Hope you got some sleep. I was getting worried about you!

For Today:

Finish cleaning out cubbies - done

Replace supply drawers - done

Library - done

Find book - done

Email - done

Kitchen (do I have to do this? YES MUST BE DONE!)

Math with littles - done

Storytime - done

Math with dd - done

Sauerkraut - done!

Lunch - cheesy buns and grapes

Dinner - stewed beef with carrots, salad

Still working on garage, Gave away 3rd old bike, plus 6 helmets. Today I picked up sturdy corrugated wreath boxes ($6 for 24" size) at Container Store -- I am now on garage attic with holiday decorations. Trying to decide on bicycle storage -- hanging rack vs rolling stand up rack. First is cheap, but access to bikes is harder; second is $$$, but easy to use.

Hi everyone!

We are back from am practice (helped with the state goody bags) and everyone is getting excited for State this weekend. It is like I am in a swimming black hole....dreamed about meets last night.

To do:

pick up prescription

wait for dishwasher repair guy-he just came and the estimate is as much as a new one. Sigh. So we will be going without.

clean kitchen

supervise chores

remind ds to send various emails and make calls

remind dd1 to send various emails

school administration

laundry

pick up downstairs

Have a great day!

Jean--hope you are feeling better!

Done:

breakfast

dh and I took back carpet shampooer

got groceries while out

forgot ground turkey, so ds and I went back to the store

stopped and got ds a dipped cone at DQ

cooked and put 34 turkey/bean burritos in the freezer with some leftover for lunch today

To Do:

get together a van load of stuff for donation center

dh take dd to dress rehearsal (The play opens Friday night!)

me take ds to swimming

we all meet up at the office to clean (swapped nights because in-laws arrive Thursday evening)

Amy, that's a lot of burritos!

Yes, it is! It took me about 2 hours or so, and they cost less than $1 each. We love this recipe, although I use turkey instead of beef. I was able to get the turkey on sale and in a 3 pound package, so what I made today was 1.5 times that recipe. I should also add that we use whole wheat and low carb tortillas, so they are kind of small. By the time we add salsa, chips, guac, and other sides, one is fine for lunch. 

Working outdoors is exhausting in this heat and humidity.... so even in the shade, I did mix up some organic Mel's Mix to transplant the last 3 tomato plants... sigh!!

I did fold a load of laundry and wash 1 load and hang up some more.

I am so worn out and sore from working on our garden all weekend, I had to use a heat pad this morning and nurse my headache.

Then our chickens started escaping their new home... which is roomy and in the shade.   I fed them veggie scraps and bread twice today.  I cannot let them out without some help since they go straight to my square foot gardens and squash to take a dust bath and rest.  They have scratched out so much of my mix it is not funny.  They have destroyed several squash, basil, flowers and eaten my Goji berry seeds... it is a daily battle.

I need to order a replacement disc for TT tomorrow and give up on looking for it.  Sadly I bought it new and immediately the first disc disappeared.  

Thankfully I had frozen stuffed peppers and fresh corn to boil for supper!  DD14 put the peppers in the oven.  I will boil the corn our younger girls shucked yesterday and slice some tomatoes and cucumbers.

I also have several boxes of books in my van now to take to a home school consignment store and need to meet the owner tomorrow.

Tuesday tackled me today, knocked me right of my feet. I'm glad it's over. Bring on Wednesday.

Tuesday can bite me. I'm so over Tuesday. I can't pay any more attention to any more people today. I'm praying DH doesn't expect an intelligent conversation from me tonight. I'm tempted to pick a big fight with the whole family so they'll all give me the silent treatment. Man, I'm cranky. I need to go to bed and admit defeat.