Menu

Most scripted curriculum??

:001_smile:Hi there,

I was wondering what were some of the most scripted homeschooling curriculum?

I understand that there may be a few textbook type curriculums that are more scripted than the non-textbook, but are there any non textbook type ones that are also scripted alot?

Thanks heaps in advance,

:001_smile:

All About Spelling

All About Reading

I find Rod and Staff English to be pretty scripted in the early grades (we are doing grade 2), because I just read from the book ;). But this is a textbook :P.

I think Artistic Pursuits is around as scripted as art appreciation and instruction gets, it is very easy to use :).

I also find Sonlight to be pretty scripted because it comes with a very clear schedule, vocabulary already pulled out, comprehension questions and mapping. It doesn't really say, "Say this, say this, say this," but it is ALL pre-planned for you, and very open and go.

• 10 months later...

bump

I seem to like the scripted curriculums because I feel brain dead most of the time. Lack of sleep, lots of grades which mean lots of levels to keep track of, toddler in the house blah blah blah....I do add my own words, thoughts and ideas as well when needed. But heck why reinvent the wheel....

So far:

SOTW

FLL

WWE

HOD

Saxon

Nancy Larson science

McRuffy

RightStart Math

BJU

Rod and Staff early grades?

Shurley English

I Speak Latin

Getting Started with Latin

All about Spelling

All About Reading

Ordinary Parents Guide to Reading

Prontolessons

NanoWrimo Lesson plans

Abeka?

Any thing else?

Edited by happycc

I would like to add K12, everything the teacher needs to say/do is either in the Teacher's Guide or in the online lesson, including questions to ask for Literature, History, and Science in order to enter into a back & forth dialogue. It's very rigorous too.