Menu

*THUD* I ordered graph paper from Miller Pads & Paper yesterday.

They said exact shipping would be charged once the order was processed. I

I paid $9.99 for a ream of 500 sheets of graph paper.

I just checked my bank balance and I paid $8.92 for shipping.

This means I saved only $1 by buying from Miller Pads and Paper over what I would've spent on the same amount of paper at Staples.

So much for the good price. I guess I should've phoned my order in (long distance) and found out the shipping cost before I placed the order.

Live and learn.

Staples will give you a teacher card (at least mine did) that I was able to flash for every purchase. It doesn't change the price, but at the end of each year, I get a "bonus check" in the mail that I can then use to buy new supplies. It is a pretty good gig.

asta

Yes it is expensive, but I really doubt you have been overcharged. Shipping is just very expensive these days. And paper is heavy.

I understand, but I do wish they had some sort of estimate on their website about how much shipping could cost. I trust that they held to what their website says and that I was charged exact shipping to the penny. I just had no idea that it would be 892 of my pennies.

Staples will give you a teacher card (at least mine did) that I was able to flash for every purchase. It doesn't change the price, but at the end of each year, I get a "bonus check" in the mail that I can then use to buy new supplies. It is a pretty good gig.

asta

Good to know! Thanks!