Menu

Nearly 7 dozen fresh eggs...help

I have 3 dozen and will be given another 4 dozen before days end. What on earth am I to do with them? I would hard boil many but I haven't had much luck with fresh eggs. Any suggestions? This is an ongoing situation. I will always be decked out with eggs each week so if you all have any help you could give me it would be great.

One of our favorite meals for any time of the day is breakfast burritos. We make them with scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream wrapped inside a flour tortilla. This is our favorite way to make them but you can also add sausage, bacon, ham, steak leftovers, and guacamole. I use 8 eggs each time I make them for breakfast and 10 each time I make them for dinner. That's for our family of five and we make them often so we go through a lot of eggs.

ETA: I use 2 eggs per adult (or person who eats like an adult) and 1 egg per child plus 1 or 2 extra eggs. I don't even want to think of how many a family of twelve would need!

Guest kacifl

Left over rice, fry until starts to brown. Throw in left over veggies

Three splashes of soy sauce.

Make a scrambled egg solution, throw in, stir until eggs set.

Serve.

We mostly use rice, peas, onions and eggs with this, but any vegetables will do.

Kids love it and it is low fat.

Guest kacifl

When I'm making macaroni and cheese (kraft's from a box for kids), I toss in a pre-stirred egg, after milk and cheese is added to the macaroni. This makes the Mac & cheese taste more like home made.

Quiche in a Dish

2 10 oz. pkgs. frozen broccoli, cook and drain well. Mix

6 eggs, 12 oz. cottage cheese, 1/4 cup melted butter, 12 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, 1 t. flour and 1 t. salt. Place in buttered casserole dish and back 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.

Also, most break fast casseroles require several eggs

Can you find muffin, cupcake and cookie reicpes that you can bake and freeze?

Pavlovas or angelfood cakes would take quite a few. Frittatas (sp?) are wonderful, too, and breakfast casseroles can be frozen. Egg noodles take several and can also be frozen. I have to admit I am somewhat jealous, though I can see why you would be overwhelmed!

Popovers use a lot of eggs, relatively speaking. My recipe uses 4 (for a dozen popovers). Not going to use up ALL your eggs, of course, but I've been baking them instead of other breads when I have too many eggs--uses up some eggs and I have a quick, high protein bread around for the kids to snack on or eat for breakfast.

We sell eggs for $3/dozen.

If you want to boil them just leave them on the counter for 24 hours. Then I boil using the cold water method. They peel beautifully. If you're uncomfortable leaving them on the counter you can just keep them in the fridge for 2-3 weeks, then bring them up to room temp before boiling. I've had more luck leaving them on the counter for 24 hours though.