Menu

Assistance please - How to select good bath towels that last?

We need new towels. So, after I got a new washer, I decided this the time. We bought some nice ones (I thought) from JCPenneys. After three washings, some of the loop threads are already starting to pull out. These were expensive towels. I plan to take these back (hopefully they will let me), but how do you find towels that don't fade and stay intact through frequent washings?

TIA!

It's a crap shoot.:glare:

I have some Egyptian cotton towels from Kohl's, which are now almost 5 years old, and they're still lovely and thick. Of course, they created an amazing amount of lint and lint-y dust in the bathroom for months, lol, but they're still nice and thick.

I don't know! My towels are 10 years old and JUST WON'T DIE! lol... I don't even remember where we got them, don't think they were particularly good (but not the cheapest either)... I'd love an excuse to replace them, but these towels are totally going to outlive *me*.

(I'm really sorry I can't help. If I remembered where I'd bought these or anything, I'd tell you!)

If the loops are pulling out on the towels you mention, if you spread the loops apart and look at the fabric the loops are embedded into, you will probably see that it is a loosely woven material that was too loose to keep the loops in place--porous, unstable, too prone to opening up into holes.

Lands' End is good as others have said, but if you buy from somewhere else, checking the backing may help you out.

My Lands' End ones are still going strong after 10 Years!!! I wish they would die. I want new ones.

Talk to a Specialty Shopper when they call. They can educate you on all the differences of their towel types and steer you in the most cost effective selection for your needs. Even their most inexpensive line is pretty doggone good.

The most disappointed towel experience I ever had was from Kmart/Martha brand! Glad to hear everyone else LOVES theirs! Maybe it was just the batch they had.....hmmmm...

I think Lands End rocks. And, if my towels ever wear out, the next ones will be from LE.

We registered for bath sheets and towels at Macy's when we got married nine years ago, and those are still as thick and wonderful as they were new. Thankfully, they're not in hideous colors. :D