Menu

Which 20 books help prepare for reading the Great Books?

Silver Moon, I just visited your blog, really enjoyed it thank you.

I love visiting IRL friends' school rooms to see and discuss projects and curriculum while the kids play, this felt a bit like that, including getting to watch the kids as they raced past the window.

Ta

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

@Amccracken I love JtB.  I am reading volume 2 with my 4th grader.  This morning we were having a conversation about how difficult some of the language is.  She asked why.  It reminded me of John Branyan's Shakespeare 3 Little Pigs scene.  It is something newer homeschoolers might not know about and is hilarious!! But, it also exemplifies why reading these types of stories with our children matters if we are going to have them reading complex works in high school.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, 8FillTheHeart said:

@Amccracken I love JtB.  I am reading volume 2 with my 4th grader.  This morning we were having a conversation about how difficult some of the language is.  She asked why.  It reminded me of John Branyan's Shakespeare 3 Little Pigs scene.  It is something newer homeschoolers might not know about and is hilarious!! But, it also exemplifies why reading these types of stories with our children matters if we are going to have them reading complex works in high school.  🙂

Oh my, this is hilarious.  Thanks for posting.  I will be sharing this.  😄  

• 9 months later...