Menu

What color is your kitchen and also your bedroom

My kitchen has white cabinets....white tile floor....white walls.....black appliances....and a salt and pepper black countertop (you can't see crumbs at all on it...and I love it, LOL). I a window but no curtains....no covering at all for the window.

My bedroom isn't pretty at all....so I won't mention all the ugly parts of it, LOL!

Kitchen-

-floor--black and white 12x12 vinyl tile

-cabinets-old wood painted a cheery yellow.

-walls--painted light orange-yellow

-curtains--in summer I use a cafe set of green and turquoisy blue (purchased from a 2nd hand shop) and in winter I use a heavier read and green.

Appliances: white

Accessories: Yellow, green and red in winter, yellow, green and blue in summer.

Bedroom

-bed--light blue duvet cover

-curtains--white

-walls--light orange So light you can't call it peach. (I hate peach)

-decorations--none. Only functional items like a tray holding a brush and comb and a jewellry box. POh and a humidifier. And books and pens. Post-it notes. Tissues. Glasses case.

Kitchen:

Hickory cabinets with glass doors

Dark cream tile floors with coordinating counters

Sunflower yellow walls

Tin backsplash behind stove and sink

Stainless appliances

No need for window treatments

In my dreams, anyway.

In reality we have white floors (ugh), white appliances (ugh ugh), barely off-white walls, off white countertops, and med oak cabinets. There are reasons for these colors and combinations and I'm thankful and satisfied that I have a functioning kitchen. But I would never pick these colors myself!

When/if we ever do our bedroom, I'll find or make a quilt that I love first and decorate from there.

BTW, I don't like window treatments of any kind in my house. We have shades now, out of necessity, but I took them down during the winter. I love an large, unobstructed view of the great outdoors. We don't have to worry about anyone looking in, though.

Our bedroom has navy blue and white floral toile drapes and the walls are milk chocolate color. Our furniture is antique mahongony and the bedding is blue and brown. We have mismatched nighstands, one is an old wooden shipping crate with a tray on top of it, the other is an small secretary desk that is purple/cream glazed. The floor is a work in progress but will be tan carpeting, I would rather have hardwood.

The kitchen is just old and outdated, but will have white cabinets (probably with a glaze) black granite countertops white appliances with different color walls. The floor will probably be a large 18 x18 vinyl tile that looks like real slate. Oh to dream.

Kitchen

Walls - Green, fairly fresh 'spring' green. I mixed it myself so it has no official name.

Cabinets - White painted wood

Countertop - laminate: black with flecks

No window treatments other than white 2-inch wood slat blinds. When I find a pretty fabric I'll make a simple topper.

Appliances - White

Floor - yellow pine

Bedroom

Walls - blue (like a duck egg blue but slightly greyer)

Furniture - Black dresser & wardrobe, dark-stained wood headboard, moss green painted sidetable, darkish patterned fabric on chair

Bedding - soft moss green

Floor - honey oak

Curtains - Will be blue, as close to the wall colour as I can find.

Lamps are nickel finish w/ white shades. No wall decoration

I looooove how my bedroom is turning out, it's so calm and simple.

My kitchen:

walls: Athenian green (Behr paint from Home Depot)

cabinets: white beadboard

countertops: butcherblock

floors: gray (multicolored -- lots of coppers and green undertones) slate in a multi-sized pattern

backsplash: stamped tin (like tin ceilings) in a copper patina finish (greens and copper)

My kitchen is small, so I stayed with an oatmeal shade of white against the oak cabinets and floor. My curtains are a country red/blue/green plaid and I have country apple decorations everywhere. :) Our bedroom is so nice and cozy. The walls are a lovely shade of pale pinkish mauve, and I have off-white sheer curtains with a rose garland along the rod. I have pictures and decorations with the mauve and sage green, and a country quilt with those shades, too. I had great fun going to Lowes and Home Depot and getting their paint sample cards. Now they have room pics on the cards that list all the complimentary paint colors they used in that room. A real help to someone as color-phobic as me!

Ginger

We have a "nature" theme running through the house. Each room has natural wood tones, blues, greens, and touches of flowery accent color. Our bedroom has three green walls, a blue wall, and curtains with a grapevine pattern. The kitchen is very small, but we don't starve for lack of preparation space, lol. The cabinets are two-tone wood, the floors wood, counters blue-grey cheap linoleum, appliances all white, and the small areas of painted wall are a pale coffee/cream color that links nicely with the green dining nook. The enamel trim throughout the house is white. We have no curtains in the kitchen, dining or living rooms. We feel a bit like the outdoors spills into the house.....and it does with all the dc, dog, sneaky cats, pinecones, seashells, stones, and the bits of hay that drift in from the barn!

Kitchen - currently a horrible mishmash - let's not talk about it.

Bedroom - light blue walls, black leather chair. Cushions on white bedspread are black with a mixed pink/orange embroidered centre. Ornaments are black and blue. Curtains (ordered, not haven't arrived yet) pick up the pink/orange/blue/black tones in narrow horizontal stripes - rich, rather than candy-stripe. The curtain pole is black too. I have a photo of the window sill on my blog.

Laura

Well, we're blue-green folks here, so our taste is probably not for everyone. Here's what I have (sorry, I don't know how to do pictures online)....

Kitchen-

-floor - My first floor is a semi-open layout and the entire floor is a lighter oak, including the kitchen area.

-cabinets - My cabinets are a sort of golden maple color, very similar to the floor color.

-walls - The walls leading into the kitchen area and in the adjoining dining area are a khaki tan. Then the kitchen proper is an industrial grade wallpaper. It's a cream background with a small bit if striping to it in the colors of tan, a rusty peach, and a tealy green.

-curtains - I have a very large window covering the entire wall of the dining area. I have a shade that can be lowered (but seldom is) and just a valance across the top of the window in the same green/peach tones that are in the wallpaper.

Bedroom

-bed - The coverlet and shams are a rusty color background. They are covered in a faint, floral scrollwork in shades of rusts, golds, browns, and blue-greens. The bed skirt is the same material as the curtains.

-curtains - Full draperies in the bedroom; Roman shades in the office and bath, with different valances in each room. Main fabric is a striped taffeta in the blue-green of the walls, a more yellow-green, tan, cream, and rust. Trim on all is in the rust color. (Some call this a carnelian red color. It's brighter than a traditional "rust".)

-walls - It's a custom mixed sort of Spanish moss color. So, it looks more blue at times and more green at times. There's a lot of grey tones to it.

-decorations - Ummmmm, I'm not sure what you mean? Most woodwork in the room is a mix of more rusty wood tones and dark wood tones. There's a canvas padded and wrapped in the same striped fabric of the draperies that's hung as a large piece of art above the bed. Attached to it are four small oriental prints in pale tan wood frames, representing the four seasons. I collect Oriental pieces, so I have some of those mixed in throughout the room. I have a few small throw pillows on the bed that incorporate some of the colors in the spread that I mentioned. This is the place where I keep most family photos and have those in a mixture of different type frames. I have a few small jewel boxes scattered around, as I have a collection of those, too. Most in my room are Oriental in style. My headboard is a metal in an antiqued, dark teal color. Most of my furniture is antique (read: hand-me-down).

Kitchen-

-floor - off white tile set on a diagonal with black tile edge

-cabinets- two toned: cabinets are honey, doors are flush in cherry

-counters - concrete - black stained

-walls- sage green with one opposite wall that is cream

-appliances- black double oven, stove top & dishwasher, SS fridge

-curtains- sage/burgundy/cream striped & floral valance

Bedroom

-bed- dark cherry

-curtains - off white w/ vines laid over the rod

-walls - cream/lilac in adjoining bath

-other furniture - Victorian style settee & matching chairs, waterfall vanity with mirror

-decorations- I like to change my bedding often so I keep everything else simple!

It's Spring though, could be time for a change!:D

Kitchen-

-floor White

-cabinets oak

counters white

-walls white walls, trim around doors is a olive green, around windows is a burnt red, with a boarder around the ceiling of leaves (with tan, burnt red, olive green and other all colors)

-curtains Valances I made out of a fabric with fall colored leaf prints with simple blinds behind them.

Bedroom

-bed black and white

-curtains black

-walls gray walls, white ceiling, white trim, and black crown molding.

-decorations- all of dh's stuff. This is his room! Now it sound dark and gloomy, but it really looks nice and not gloomy at all.

Trim, doors and cieling - cream

Walls - butter yellow

Cabinets - painted burgandy

curtains - burgandy

appliances, fixtures and cabinet hardware - black

floor and counters - neutral light tan

accent colors - jewel tone blue, gold, green, colbolt blue glass,

Looking for ideas...

Kitchen-

-floor

-cabinets

-walls

-curtains

Bedroom

-bed

-curtains

-walls

-decorations

My entire house is done in what I refer to as "fall" colors (earth tones - deep reds, sage green, golden yellows, etc)

Kitchen:

Floor: Porcelain tile - varying tones of tan and what I call Sedona

orange/red

Cabinets - maple stained a light cherry (3/4 cherry, 1/4 natural)

Countertops - Zodiac engineered quartz - Smokey topaz (darker background with white/cherry toned specks

Walls - Benjamine Moores Monroe Bisque (golden tan) with white trim

Curtains - a paisly print with the fall colors described above

Bedroom - walls - SW's Nomadic desert with white trim (makes the fall colors POP beautifully!)

This room is not yet finished but my bedding has a sage green with gold accent; curtains match the gold in the bedding

Kitchen

"barn" red walls (red with some brown in it)

white cabinets (these are outdated...we just painted)

cafe curtains are white with a bit of blue embroidery along the bottom

aqua retro clock

Bedroom

walls I would call pistachio...pale with some khaki and green undertones...

dark walnut furniture

silver lamps with teal shades (Pier 1)

curtain sort of that "spa" blue, color blocked with brown on the bottom

spa blue quilt on bed

Kitchen:

White 12 x 12 tile floor

White cabinets

Brazilian brown Silestone countertops

Stainless steel appliances

Stainless stell knobs on cabinets

Red walls

Chocolate brown ceiling

White plantation shutters

White moulding

Don't forget your ceiling! While I do have a tall (10') ceiling, dark colors recede, contrary to popular belief!

Kitchen-

-floor - slate colored tile

-cabinets - stained oak

-walls - off white (eggshell)

-curtains - none in there.

My kitchen is mostly black and white and silver.

Bedroom

-bed - king bed. Mess of a comforter with the kids blankets thrown on top in the winter (pretty sure this is not the look you are going for...I'll stop here. LOL