Menu

I'm on the hunt for April Fool's pranks

One of the only April Fools Days that I actually remember as a kid (they don't really stand out like Christmas and whatnot LOL) is the one where my father spent several hours (the evening before) sewing the sleeves shut (by hand) on my stepmother's housecoat...when she went to put it on the next morning, it was a wee bit difficult. :D

What's going on in your life? Buy a new car or truck? My mom sent my Uncle...at My Aunts bidding, a letter from Ford talking about recalls for the New Truck they had just purchased...talking about how much $$$ they were going to spend, although Ford was going to be nice and pay for part...I think it was the Transmission that was going to be "going out". They wrote it on official looking paper...and he was at my aunt's office...where most everyone if not all....were in on the joke...

Awesome! Keep 'em coming. I'm going to go visit my neighbor and ask to borrow her five cats. DH doesn't get home until midnight, so the pranks can begin immediately! Ha! Hmmmm....better, would be him being awakened by the cats. Oh. Yes. This would make him jump. Thanks, Catwoman!

tsk, tsk, tsk. LADIES! Come on!

Tell him you're PREGNANT!!! :D

Know what? I went to labor on 4/1 and called everyone when I went into the hospital, NOBODY believed me but my husband and doctor! My son hung on for 28 hours, so he wasn't born until 4/2.

Or how about calling him while he's at work and tell him you rear ended someone and you think your car is totalled?

That's AWFUL!

Know something unbelievable? I once told my husband that when I had the slider open our horse ran into the house. I told him the horse was so spooked that I couldn't get him out, and he crapped all over our brand new sectional! My husband, a brilliant man who could easily become a Mensa member, was absolutely stunned.

I never understood how someone so brilliant could have NO common sense. The horse would have had to climb a couple of stairs to get in the house. Not that it couldn't, but my husband should have realized our SLIPPERY wood floors would have been too much for him.

:D

How about telling your hubby a raccoon ran into the house and pooped all over the place, and you're so freaked out you're hiding out in the bedroom until he comes home?

Bat stuck in the hood vent? Dryer vent?

Wasp nest in the closet?

Or you got a ticket? Speeding some outrageous speed?

Arrested for shoplifting but it was an honest mistake, but the police won't listen to you and don't believe you?

I'm making myself look bad! I'm going to go now!!!

:leaving:

Kool-Aid in the shower head... if you have a spare vehicle key, loan it to someone and have his vehicle 'disappear' in the night so he thinks it's been stolen in the morning (and have the person drop the key back under your mat so you can produce it when he starts getting suspicious)... confetti his desk at work (the smaller the better)... replace his bed pillow with a huge bag of ice (though I'm not sure you have time for this one)... replace his soap/shampoo/toothpaste with icing (and if you have some black food dye.......... I say no more)... soak his razor in Tabasco... stuff his car with wadded-up newspaper... Saran wrap his desk, chair, and computer at work... lose the TV remote...

I'm out of ideas for the moment, but I'm sure there are more up my sleeve somewhere. I love it!

Put food coloring in the milk. This requires a cardboard carton that is not transparent. It also requires he consume milk for breakfast. Put it in the night before, it will spread and deepen over hours if you use the paste kind.

This made a strong impression on our Japanese exchange student last year. He couldn't stop laughing.

These are awesome!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to have to store some up and pace them so that I'll have plenty to occupy me for a few years.

I've secured the cats. I'm leaving for his computer shop in a minute to copy a picture of his desktop, hide his desktop folders, and turn the copy of the original desktop into his wallpaper. None of the "folders" will open. This will only keep him busy for a minute, but it will be worth it to surprise him away from home.

Old ideas that have been a hit in my house...to share with others (most safe for kids) -

-superglue a quarter to the porch

- put a few strands of cooked spaghetti in socks

- loosely sew underwear together in the drawer so when one comes out, they all come out.

- rubberband the sink sprayer

- chicken bouillon in the shower head

- sew shirts to hangers

- set all clocks ahead (but if you're sending them to work early, be sure to change the car clock too or they'll figure it out within a mile from home - drats!)

- mix up fake spilled coffee with glue and brown food coloring. Spread over waxed paper. When set, place half in an empty coffee cup sitting on its side on the laptop.

- invisible kool-aid when they're expecting water

- apple juice when they're expecting tea

- swap cereal bags into mismatched cereal boxes

- have a pregnant friend pee on a pregnancy test for you

- mixed up meals - family fun magazine's website has some GREAT ideas for this. We've tried several. The best was probably the meatloaf cupcakes baked in the foil cupcake liners and frosted with dyed mashed potatoes. Must be served with real cupcakes for dessert so no one is too disappointed.

There are more, but I'm drawing a blank.

Decisions, decisions....do I buy the bag of ice tonight or should I save it for next year......? I should save it, but it sounds so FUN!

One year, a co-worker was late for work because her dh had called her to let her know ds's school was on a 1-hour delay due to icy roads. It ended up being a 70 degree day, but she believed him and went back to bed without checking either the news or the window.

That probably wouldn't work w/a homeschooler.:D

Last year dd got me by taping the handle of the kitchen sink sprayer open. I didn't find it funny at the time.

- mixed up meals - family fun magazine's website has some GREAT ideas for this.

We've already prepped the sugar wafer cookie "fishsticks" for tomorrow, with mini chewy sweetarts for "peas". My 8 yo is very much looking forward to giving this to her dad :)

The candy sushi comes out nicely as well, but finding green fruit rollups is harder than I thought it would be.

I have never attempted this but have wanted to...

Take Oreo cookie and remove creme filling. Replace filling with white toothpaste. Dip Oreo in chocolate to hide the fact that they have been "tampered" with.... Chocolate covered Oreo. Who could resist?! :D

Haha! I love the coffee on the laptop- my DH would freak out. And the wallpaper on the computer with the fake files. HA! He'll be home soon, I don't think I have time for them this year. Maybe I should go put the bouillon in the shower head.

I have a friend with two kids under 2 who is stopping by tomorrow so I can pee on a pregnancy test for her (I'm pregnant). I sincerely hope the poor man doesn't have a heart attack. Even more, I hope she videotapes the whole thing.

tsk, tsk, tsk. LADIES! Come on!

Tell him you're PREGNANT!!! :D

:iagree: I was just waiting to hear someone suggest this one. I pulled this one on my husband 12 year ago. We were newly married (less than a year) and I just knew it would leave an impression. Boy did it ever! :lol: He still remembers it to this day, almost 13 years later, and he admits that it left more of an impression than anything else either before or since. :)

We just finished moving all of our DCs into each others bedrooms so they wake up on April Fools in a siblings room and bed instead of their own.

We have also hidden every spoon in the house for all the early risers who go right for the bowl of cereal, and mixed up all the cereal bags into the wrong boxes.

I remember one year when I was young my father had my Mom convinced he was being transferred to an out of state office. We had moved many times so it was feasible, but he let this go on all day. She was relieved but so mad when he finally fessed up to the prank.

We try to keep it light hearted, but no doubt there will be trickery going on most of the day at our house. I know the DCs were planning something today...

A few years ago I sat down at the computer and logged on to our "banking info." Dh and the neighbor were sitting on the back porch visiting. I started screeching at him asking why he had been taking $400 a day out of the ATM for the last few days, yelling about bouncing checks and going behind my back, yada yada. He ran in to the house, sat down at the computer and panicked.

I had created an html page to look like our banking info and he didn't even know I knew html code! I had to wink and smile at the neighbor when dh's back was turned before he slinked home to get away from the crazy screeching wife and the upcoming marital spat.

My sons stuffed newspaper into a pair of jeans, shirt, boots and hoodie. They then filled the hood with a balloon with a face drawn on it. They set this in the shower. It was meant for my daughter to find, but I'm the one who screamed when I opened up the shower curtain.

BOYS!

Jean