Menu

P&PT about this lump?

It's my 11yo stepkid's biomom. . . her doctor found something (is there no better word than lump?) and her mammogram is tomorrow. I've been trying to ignore the implications of it, mostly, but the possibilities hit me all at once about ten minutes ago as I was laying out the next day's clothes. If you're the sort to pray, light a candle, do positive visualisations, anything, she could use it.

It's my 11yo stepkid's biomom. . . her doctor found something (is there no better word than lump?) and her mammogram is tomorrow. I've been trying to ignore the implications of it, mostly, but the possibilities hit me all at once about ten minutes ago as I was laying out the next day's clothes. If you're the sort to pray, light a candle, do positive visualisations, anything, she could use it.

Absolutely, Rose. Always plenty of room on the altar. :grouphug:

Thank you for posting the update -- I'm glad to hear that all is well!

She must have been scared to death, though! Do they need to do a needle biopsy just to be sure it's nothing serious, or was the mammogram conclusive? (Not trying to scare you; I'm just wondering.)

Cat

Do they need to do a needle biopsy just to be sure it's nothing serious, or was the mammogram conclusive? (Not trying to scare you; I'm just wondering.)

I assumed they'd biopsy it, but apparently it was conclusive. I could be wrong. I just arrived home from an out of town appointment, only barely in time to trade kids with my partner so he could rush off to an out of town auction. So all I got was a quick, "She's fine, it's just a cyst." I think he would have mentioned a needle biopsy. I'll get all the details when my partner and the 11yo stepkid get home from their auction tonight.