Menu

Let's take a conference Roll Call!

Who's planning (or hoping) to go to a homeschool conference this spring or summer? Where are you going? Also - Im interested to hear about what you most look forward to?

I'm going to two: Northern VA Homeschool Conference - SWB will be there!!!! Yipee!

Classical Conversations Practicum in Williamsburg

I'm looking forward to the curriculum fair and hearing all of the speakers.

I am for sure going to the Arlington[TX] Bookfair.

Probably going to the San Antonio one [just as an excuse to go back 'home'...}.

I'd like to try to attend the CHEACT one in Austin [Hi Ellie!!].

If dh is working steadily thru the summer i might shoot for the one in the Woodlands in ...August?

we're doing a first time Homeschool Expo and Used Curriculum sale down here in Ellis County in April. Not much in the grand scheme of things, but a big deal for sparsely-populated Ellis County ;)

I am trying to decide if I am going to the FPEA in Orlando. I don't "need" to go. I only need to purchase a few things and could easily order them. BUT... all of my friends from my old home are going. I have been checking the FPEA website every few days hoping they would have the speaking schedule posted. That may just push me into deciding. It seems like the schedule is awfully late this year.

I am trying to decide if I am going to the FPEA in Orlando. I don't "need" to go. I only need to purchase a few things and could easily order them. BUT... all of my friends from my old home are going. I have been checking the FPEA website every few days hoping they would have the speaking schedule posted. That may just push me into deciding. It seems like the schedule is awfully late this year.

This conference is amazing. Of course, I always stayed overnight and made a big pampered getaway out of it. ;) I think the actual homeschooling stuff was cool too. :) I also liked wandering the exhibit hall to absorb the atmosphere.

I'm going to the Williamsburg, VA conference with Susan, Jessie and Jim. I'm sooo excited.

I'm also going to the North Carolinians for Home Education Home School conference the end of May in Winston-Salem. I'm excited about it too. Michael Farris is a keynote speaker this year, along with the founder of Summit Ministries.

I can barely contain myself.

I'm going to the Midwest Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati (even though I live in Indy where the Indiana convention is held!) SWB is speaking as is John Stonestreet. I just like the whole atmosphere of this particular convention.

(Indiana lost me the year they decided that homeschools needed a man...)

We're hoping to hit MHEA in May. I want to take a look at some possibilities for two years from now (I should have everything I need for next year by the time we go... crossing fingers). This past year we have felt like the Swiss Family Robinson, homeschooling-wise, so we just need to be reminded that there are other real life homeschoolers out there... not just my invisible friends.

This conference is amazing. Of course, I always stayed overnight and made a big pampered getaway out of it. ;) I think the actual homeschooling stuff was cool too. :) I also liked wandering the exhibit hall to absorb the atmosphere.

I know that is why I am having a hard time deciding. I have gone every year for the last 6 years. I just don't really need to go and money is tight and blah, blah, blah. The last few years my oldest ds practically demanded we go because all of his teenage friends went. Now he is off in Iraq and I don't have him telling me how much I gotta go there. My 10 year old dd wants to go to hang out with her friends, but I just don't know. I am still waiting for the schedule to help me decide.

Peek a boo,

Good for you for getting a local expo going! I know that takes a lot of work, but I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated and hopefully rewarding! Good luck with that and enjoy your other conferences, too!

let's see how well we do this first year, lol.

Yeah, BUT I look at it as my continuing ed, plus the Alamo is only four blocks from the hotel. Throw it in as a field trip, ya'know! Gotta justify it any way I can!

i know -- but when we can get some great continuing ed for a fraction of the price, I'd rather drive down to SA and attend the FEAST convention, lol.

i'm all for justifying a trip to SA tho ;)

I'm going to the Williamsburg, VA conference with Susan, Jessie and Jim. I'm sooo excited.

I'm also going to the North Carolinians for Home Education Home School conference the end of May in Winston-Salem. I'm excited about it too. Michael Farris is a keynote speaker this year, along with the founder of Summit Ministries.

I can barely contain myself.

I will definitely be in Williamsburg (I am the Usborne rep.). I have been to NCHE the last two years (again, with Usborne), but I don't know about this year yet. I would like to go to HEAV (as a home schooler) and I might be going to the Catholic home school conference in June in Northern Va. (again, as a home schooler), but I am not sure yet.

Busy convention season here...

I just finished the Homeschooling Works fair in MI.

I will be working a booth at the Midwest Homeschool Convention. I will be sneaking off to hear Dr. Schweikart :hurray: and a few other speakers, though.

I'm speaking for two sessions at the CHEO conference in Columbus and working in the CC booth, but I'll have time to shop and listen to some speakers, too.

I'm speaking and/or training at 5 CC Practicums this summer.

I was trying to go to the ACCS conference in Atlanta, but maybe next year... :sad: I'll be ordering it on CD.

I'm also going to the North Carolinians for Home Education Home School conference the end of May in Winston-Salem.

These are the ones I am going to also.

I would love to go to the one outside Chicago with the Children's conference.

• 3 weeks later...