Menu

Oh...SWB...Please read this one too!!!

When I wrote my letter recommending Sarah for the program I attached a scope and sequence of her high school years detailing her chronological study of history intertwined with her literature. I also gave credit to WTM in my letter.

Well, Sarah just now told me that when the director of the honors program called her, and after she stopped screaming in his ear, he mentioned how excited he was to see a homeschooler get in because not many do.

AND he said that Sarah's performance made him feel even better about the decisions that he and his wife are making for their children because they base their childrens home education on......drum roll please......WTM!!!

How about that?

When I wrote my letter recommending Sarah for the program I attached a scope and sequence of her high school years detailing her chronological study of history intertwined with her literature. I also gave credit to WTM in my letter.

Well, Sarah just now told me that when the director of the honors program called her, and after she stopped screaming in his ear, he mentioned how excited he was to see a homeschooler get in because not many do.

AND he said that Sarah's performance made him feel even better about the decisions that he and his wife are making for their children because they base their childrens home education on......drum roll please......WTM!!!

How about that?

Now *that* is so cool!

Here's betting he's used to putting the phone to his bad ear.

I told Sarah I am sure the poor man has been screamed at before. The kids who get into this program are kids who really want to be there, so there is probably a lot of screaming on the phone. And yet he continues to make these calls personally, year after year.....

I told Sarah I am sure the poor man has been screamed at before. The kids who get into this program are kids who really want to be there, so there is probably a lot of screaming on the phone. And yet he continues to make these calls personally, year after year.....

He must love it :) I would love it if it were part of my job to give phone calls that resulted in happy screaming!

That is so cool, Kelli, and major kudos for WTM.

That is probably the reason he DOES still make the calls himself. Those would be very fun calls to make!!

Yes, he's probably used to a lot of screaming. He could also probably tell some funny stories of being hung up on or left hanging, etc. And I'll bet it's nice to know that even a student who is serious enough to have a great record and to perform well in interviews can go all Publisher's Clearing House when they hear great news!

And isn't it so cool that he took the time to comment to Sarah that her WTM inspired education meant something to him personally! I am so glad I outlined her high school years in such detail. It was more than they asked for, but I wanted to make her stand out from other homeschoolers. I think it worked.

even a student who is serious enough to have a great record and to perform well in interviews can go all Publisher's Clearing House when they hear great news!

:lol:

And Kelli, you are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly with us.

Well done Kelli and Sarah! You have every right to be proud!!!!! What a great testimony to the work you've all put in over the years. It's an inspiration to the rest of us to stay the course and keep up even when it's difficult and you'd rather be doing anything else. Thanks for being a good example to others about homeschoolers!

And isn't it so cool that he took the time to comment to Sarah that her WTM inspired education meant something to him personally! I am so glad I outlined her high school years in such detail. It was more than they asked for, but I wanted to make her stand out from other homeschoolers. I think it worked.

YEAH!

I am so glad to see a positive thread.

GO TWTM!!!

How COOL!!!!!! Kelli, your two threads about your daughter are so exciting!!! Thank you so much - they've given me a boost here, too!

It's exciting to see the fruits of a WTM-style education. :D

Totally!!

Yeah, and I'm so glad to see a thread about homeschooling on the General Board!

Me too! :D