Menu

I think I am getting sick....what are you best suggestions to fight it off?

Tap

Dd 10 has had a horrible virus that started with tightness in the chest one day and had her laid out with a fever of 104, and coughing for the next 2. Day 3 and she is finally moving around but is still pretty sick.

I have started getting a tightness in my chest today. I took my vitamins, took and extra B Complex and C. Drinking lots of fluids, staying inside so I am not exhausting myself. Do you have any other suggestions to shorten the duration? I have some zinc...I just need to find it.

Oh man. I'm so sorry! How is your dd today? My dss 12 and 8 had this yesterday. Ds 8 is still coughing, but he's off the couch today and no fever. Ds 12 is still on the couch - worse today than yesterday. His fever is at 104 AFTER Advil!!! (Yes, I know I said I don't use Advil often - but this ds was moaning and unable to sleep.) Anyway, I finally gave him some Theraflu. Within 15 minutes his fever was breaking. It's finally down to 100.6. And, he's sitting up.

I don't know what you can do to stop from getting it. Sounds like you're doing all that I would be doing.

(((hugs))) I know how stressful a sick household is. I'm not looking forward to the rest of the family getting this bug.

MMMmmm, miso soup! Add in some extra konbu (or other seaweed).

Stay hydrated - and consider adding some seaweed into a bath, and indulging in a long warm (not hot!) soak. The seaweed provides necessary minerals, the warm water helps regulate body temperature and loosen mucus, the soak will give your body a temporary chance to de-stress and focus on healing (rather than focus on home, family, school, et cetera).

Sick stinks; hope everyone feels better soon.

which you can find at most major grocery store chains (Safeway, etc.) in the refrigerated drink or health food drink section(s).

I have a very weak immune system (used to catch EVERYTHING). I've tried a great assortment of natural herb combinations, EmergenC, juice supplements, Airborne, etc. Sometimes these would help delay getting sick, but I always ended up getting sick.

Then I tried Odwalla Monster C. If I take it right when I am starting to feel sick (even if it means I have to make a special trip to the store), it works like a charm. I literally have never gotten sick when I take this stuff early. I have found that if I take it two days after starting to feel sick that it is not nearly as effective.

My cousin swears by Odwall Superfood for warding off illness.

Good luck!

Garlic, garlic, more garlic and miso soup.

Rosie

Another vote here for garlic and lots of vitamin c. If you can't tolerate taking the garlic straight, you can mince it, put it in some hot water with a little lemon and honey and drink it like a tea.

Hope you feel better soon!

~Staci

This is going to sound gross, but it works! When ever my husband starts getting sick, he mixes together and drinks 1-2 TBSP of raw organic apple cider vinegar, 1-2 TBSP honey, and 1-2 TBSP water. The vinegar and honey are natural antibiotics and so far it has worked for us every time.

Elderberry tincture is another one we use all the time, as a preventitive, and to help get over all kinds of "bugs."

Hope this helps,

Katie :0)

When I start feeling sick, I take megadoses of echinacea and goldenseal root for 24 hours, then regular doses until I feel better. I also slather lavender oil on my chest (lavender is a natural antibiotic). Stay nourished and hydrated, and rest.

I take up to 8 (max) caps of Immune Stimulator by Nature's Sunshine. Works every time.