Menu

Who is planning on going to SWB's conference in Williamsburg?

We were talking about that again tonight. Tony has a thing in San Diego the weekend before this. We are trying to decide if we will go to each others things or take turns staying home with the boys on each weekend. I think that is what we will end up doing so I'll be coming alone. I'm going to have to get busy making friends in here so I won't be completely alone. :). Weird how I have been here so many and still manager not to be a big chatter. :)

I was hoping to bring DD, but she is going to be in the children's chorus of the local production of the opera, "Carmen," that weekend, and so she can't come along.

I'm really looking forward to it, in a tired, maybe-it-would-be-a-relief-just-not-to-go-because- I'm-so-tired, but who-am-I-kidding-that-I-would-be- any-less-busy-here sort of way.

And after all, 10 years is cause for celebration!

The timing is right for me, and I am planning on bringing oldest ds. I am hoping that I can involve him in some workshops that might help to inspire him? You know, catch a vision, own his own education, sort of thing? I know, lofty.. lofty...:tongue_smilie:

Kim

I'm thinking about going, though I have to get funds approved by the capital committee (that would be Bud). Just wondering who else is going to be there that I would get to meet?

I really want to. However, Susan's coming to a conference even closer to me later in the summer, and it would be much more cost-effective of me to go to that one.

Not as fun, though. :glare:

• 1 month later...

I really, really want to go! DH was receptive to the idea especially because we can make it a family vacation. Then, he received notice from Jeopardy and has an audition on April 30th in North Carolina. That trumps the family vacation. If I had someone to stay with the kids, I'd consider traveling alone. But we have no one who can stay overnight with our children. I'm sure the conference is going to be fabulous!!

I will be there. I am the Usborne rep in the vendor area. If anyone is interested, I could use some help. PM me. I am hoping to get to some of the sessions.

I am also willing to take input from all of you as to what Usborne books you would like to see there.

I'm going! The whole family is going. I think dh and kids will be visiting Colonial Williamsburg while I sit and listen (ahhhhhh...).

We're going as well; DH is taking the kids while MIL & I go to the conference. MIL has a tow-behind trailer, so we're staying at a nearby camp ground rather than the hotel. We *could* drive back if we wanted to, but we'd have to leave before dawn to get there in time for the first session and we're NOT early birds in this family. :p lol

DH said I could go! Woo hoo! This should be awesome!

:-) Stacey in MA

ETA: OMGoodness! I haven't gone away without the kids....well....EVER! I've been pregnant or nursing for the last 10 years, so it just couldn't happen! This will be refreshing - my kind of vacation. A LEARNING one! Ahhhhh.......

Edited by Stacey in MA
More info...