Menu

Why can't I just put a can of beans in with my homemade macaroni and cheese?

Chick peas? Black beans? Kidney beans (okay, they might be the least appreciated by the family).

I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen anyone add beans to their mac and cheese. I've seen hot dogs and beef, why not beans? I don't think I've ever seen it done.

Anyone?

Sometimes I throw in pinto beans and some chili sauce. It's really tasty.

It would be kind of like minestrone soup without the soup or tomatoes. I've seen cheese on minestrone soup.

I'm not sure I'd like it, though, but I don't have to eat it and I'm allergic to cheese, wheat, beans, and a lot of other stuff anyway.

Oh! Note to self: do not make mac and cheese for ElizabethB when she gets stationed at Hickam AFB and we have a WTM gathering.....:D

That is a lot of allergies. I can't imagine.

Oh! Note to self: do not make mac and cheese for ElizabethB when she gets stationed at Hickam AFB and we have a WTM gathering.....:D

That is a lot of allergies. I can't imagine.

Do you have any lotus, malanga, or teff flour? Or partridge, venison, quail?

I can actually eat poi, I think. Taro roots, right? I can eat taro roots.

My son will eat my millet flour pancakes with me. No one else in my family eats any of my food except the few fruits and veggies that I can eat.

I used to be able to eat everything. Now I'm researching weird foods like poi trying to find things I can eat.

Edited by ElizabethB