Menu

I just got this email....

that asked if I wanted a Russian bride and that got me thinking. Maybe that's what I need! A wife!!!!

:lol:

:001_huh:

That's so funny!

My husband used to travel a lot and we lived next door to a divorced lady w/grown kids. I would call her at work sometimes when he was gone and ask her to come for dinner. She said it was the best deal ever--dinner on the table when she walked in, play w/the kids, then go home and relax! She said it was like having a wife!

Chelle

My dh is a better housekeeper than I. He likes to cook and is handy around the house. Unfortunately his horrendous work schedule interferes with his household duties. If we could afford it I'd have him retire and be in charge of the house and I'd teach ds. We'd all be happy. :tongue_smilie::D:001_smile:

DH and I watch Big Love, and I am always lamenting how cool it would be to be polygamist. Well, except that its illegal and a sin, LOL. I could totally be the scrapbooking and play with the kids wife, while another wife could be the cooking wife, and someone else the cleaning wife!

The stickier parts of having multiple wives, well, lets just say I'd be the only tea-making wife, too!!

I've often thought this. As long as I got to be the boss wife I think it's a great idea! There's a way to have more babies without having to build them myself. :D It was an old Chinese custom, I believe, for the first wife to pick the second. I think this is a very sensible way of doing things. I think I'd order one who was cute, agreeable and thought I was wonderful.

;)

Rosie

I've sat through many a gathering with my women friends and we've had long discussions about the benefits of having another wife in the home.

For just a few seconds I think to myself, "Yes! I'm going to go get one!" and then realize I can't. :glare:

I would even do some of the cleaning if the other wife would watch the kids for awhile.

My dh is a better housekeeper than I. He likes to cook and is handy around the house. Unfortunately his horrendous work schedule interferes with his household duties. If we could afford it I'd have him retire and be in charge of the house and I'd teach ds. We'd all be happy. :tongue_smilie::D:001_smile:

My dh is a much better housewife than I am. :D It took me a long time to give up that piece of control over the household, but now we're both much happier with him doing the bulk of the cleaning. I've even learned to let him cook in my kitchen occasionally and doggone it if he isn't doing a pretty good job there, too!

The best thing about all of this is that our son sees that there is no such thing as women's work and men's work. We just do what need to get done and each person contributes to the best of their abilities, no matter the job.

that asked if I wanted a Russian bride and that got me thinking. Maybe that's what I need! A wife!!!!

Hmmm? I wonder if I could afford one? Do they come cheap? :D

Dh has asked for a second wife many times during our nearly 20 years of marriage. I have always told him I had no problem but if he thinks 'I' spend too much money (and I am a penny pinching cheap cheapskate), wait until he sees how much TWO wives spend. He then changes the subject or walks away. ;)

I have one now. My husband retired, and he cooks, cleans, does laundry, drives the 16yo to the CC, buys the groceries, pays the bills, and has everything ready for my Wednesday night quilt group (including a homebaked dessert) when I get home from work on Wednesdays. He also builds the fires, chops the wood, deals with the lawn and dog, and works diligently on his own hobby (he's building an airplane) for six or eight hours a day.

He really makes me realize how inefficient a wife I was. GRIN.