Menu

1/7, Wednesday exercisers

Pool swim today. I'm really hoping my slowing times are due to the hormonal shift this late in my cycle. I'm getting slower and slower. I don't like but I can think of no other reason.

Time Taken: 00:41:27

Total Distance: 1.00 mi.

Laps: 36

Burned: 290 (kcal)

All my December swims were 1.5 mph or better. This one is 1.45 mph. :001_unsure:

Our county is under a state of emergency due to flooding. Many schools are closed either due to flooding on roadways or major power outages. The river that runs along our property rose 10+ feet overnight so it may crest later today or tomorrow depending on conditions. My only exercise today may be sandbagging. We'll see. It's been worse than this before.

I have been really bad the past couple of days. No reason just not one once of desire to get a workout in. It's been rainy and gloomy and pmsing is not helping either. I'll just have to make myself get back to it.

How about a little kick... We're waiting to hear Lynn. :toetap05:

I've been doing a walk/run combo. Before the holidays I had improved with my running, but a stomach bug and a long vacation has set me back. I did treadmill and then Pilates for toning.

Sorry about those swim times Cheryl. My kids swim, and I know how frustrated they get when they feel like they've hit a wall.

Good job Kim!

Thanks Kim. If the wall would just go away I'd be fine. But they are continually getting slower. But I'm feeling better while swimming. Although today I couldn't breathe. I hate stopping after a lap but I was sucking wind big time and I was only on lap 3! I'm not a swimmer.

Our county is under a state of emergency due to flooding. Many schools are closed either due to flooding on roadways or major power outages. The river that runs along our property rose 10+ feet overnight so it may crest later today or tomorrow depending on conditions. My only exercise today may be sandbagging. We'll see. It's been worse than this before.

Wow! You either got more rain or it really thawed out. I hope your sand bagging works and you don't have flooded fields to deal with later!

I've been doing a walk/run combo. Before the holidays I had improved with my running, but a stomach bug and a long vacation has set me back. I did treadmill and then Pilates for toning.

Sorry about those swim times Cheryl. My kids swim, and I know how frustrated they get when they feel like they've hit a wall.

I've been doing this, too. Today I spent 30 minutes on the treadmill and did 3.5km in that time. I did some crunches afterwards.

I am finding that I actually *like* doing this - and that's huge because previously I looked at exercise as a hated time-zapper.

I've been doing this, too. Today I spent 30 minutes on the treadmill and did 3.5km in that time. I did some crunches afterwards.

I am finding that I actually *like* doing this - and that's huge because previously I looked at exercise as a hated time-zapper.

Keep at it Sarah! Good job!

Wow! You either got more rain or it really thawed out. I hope your sand bagging works and you don't have flooded fields to deal with later!

It's both. The snow level in the mountains went back up several thousand feet, so that in tandem with heavy rainfall is the issue. Our fields are already under standing water; since we live in the river bottom, that's not too unusual. The bigger problem if/when the river goes over the dike.

Ya know, Cheryl, about your swimming, I think you should try not to get too caught up in your times. One reason I don't pay super close attention to the details of my daily runs is because it's too easy to expend energy worrying about minutia. Keep at it and increase your stamina. You're doing great!

Ya know, Cheryl, about your swimming, I think you should try not to get too caught up in your times. One reason I don't pay super close attention to the details of my daily runs is because it's too easy to expend energy worrying about minutia. Keep at it and increase your stamina. You're doing great!

Thanks for the shot of reality! I need it. DH just gets faster and faster overall. (shh! Whispering) But I can still swim a length of the pool faster than he can, even in the middle of the workout!

I'll be praying for your fields and water levels!

My 2nd day on my Wii Fit:D I took advil before bed last night :blink:I need to get up earlier, though, to get more time in before school. I know I'll get more in throughout the day, but I'd like to have one big chunk early in the morning.

Good job Angel. I remember reading somewhere that it's the total time that counts. It doesn't matter if it's all spread out or not. bUt I guess it does depend on what you're after.

Oh no, Colleen! I bet you'll be feeling the effort of sandbagging tomorrow though. That is really good exercise. I hope you guys stay safe!

Pool swim today. I'm really hoping my slowing times are due to the hormonal shift this late in my cycle. I'm getting slower and slower. I don't like but I can think of no other reason.

Time Taken: 00:41:27

Total Distance: 1.00 mi.

Laps: 36

Burned: 290 (kcal)

All my December swims were 1.5 mph or better. This one is 1.45 mph. :001_unsure:

Well, at least you're getting out there! That's what I always say to myself - at least I'm not sitting on the couch. Anything is better than nothing.

Isn't it amazing? I LOVE my exercise - it totally does NOT feel like imposed exercise. Go you!

I think I'm over my injury as far as walking is concerned. I'm not sure when I'll start running again, but for now I've had the 3rd exercise walk in a row without pain so I am feeling confident about it.

I got 58 minutes at 15 min/mile in. No idea of calories, etc.

Oh, it was 94F/34C degrees this morning. Felt like I was exercising in molasses. :)

I think I'm over my injury as far as walking is concerned. I'm not sure when I'll start running again, but for now I've had the 3rd exercise walk in a row without pain so I am feeling confident about it.

I got 58 minutes at 15 min/mile in. No idea of calories, etc.

Oh, it was 94F/34C degrees this morning. Felt like I was exercising in molasses. :)

Wonderful news about your leg! Great job on the walk. I hate the molasses feeling. You'll hear me next summer refer to it as soup, sometimes pea soup. :tongue_smilie:

ETA: I did it. 30min run 15min fast walk

I have been really bad the past couple of days. No reason just not one once of desire to get a workout in. It's been rainy and gloomy and pmsing is not helping either. I'll just have to make myself get back to it.

Most of the sandbagging that was needed/useful (there are some things that no amount of sandbagging will prevent, anyway) happened when I was up in town. I made it home right before all the routes to our place were cut off. Since the roads even right by my house are under water, running is out of the question.

Ugh! I had so looked forward to getting back into a rhythm now that ice wasn't an issue. Will there ever be a time when I can just go out and comfortably run again?:glare:

More snow today (my running partner and I noted that the snowbanks along the walkway were taller than us) which means more snow on top of ice.

On a plus note, I'm getting used to falling :lol:. It didn't upset me as much as yesterday and I didn't hurt myself. I guess the three inches of snow on top of the ice provides a nice cushion.

I am desperate for Spring . . . only three more months!

Hey all! Remember me? I haven't posted to this thread since I've been in therapy for my back, so thought I would just say hi. I've still been exercising, just have had to stop training for the marathon I wanted to do this spring.

Today I did a 45 minute pilates video. Part aerobic and part anaerobic. Tomorrow is supposed to be my bike workout.

Next week the university pool opens (where dh works. We get to use it for free!) and so dd and I plan to go three days a week.

It looks like you all are doing a great job! I have missed posting to this thread. Last summer, you all really kept me going!:)

Most of the sandbagging that was needed/useful (there are some things that no amount of sandbagging will prevent, anyway) happened when I was up in town. I made it home right before all the routes to our place were cut off. Since the roads even right by my house are under water, running is out of the question.

Ugh! I had so looked forward to getting back into a rhythm now that ice wasn't an issue. Will there ever be a time when I can just go out and comfortably run again?:glare:

Well, next summer? Don't hit me! I was kidding! It will not be comfortable, too hot most likely.

There will be a time. I think the weather as all ca-flu-y this year. I missed all the fall 50 degree days and now they are here in abundance! There will be a time sweetie!

More snow today (my running partner and I noted that the snowbanks along the walkway were taller than us) which means more snow on top of ice.

On a plus note, I'm getting used to falling :lol:. It didn't upset me as much as yesterday and I didn't hurt myself. I guess the three inches of snow on top of the ice provides a nice cushion.

I am desperate for Spring . . . only three more months!

Oh, you poor thing. It's more pride today, huh? I'm glad you went though!

Hey all! Remember me? I haven't posted to this thread since I've been in therapy for my back, so thought I would just say hi. I've still been exercising, just have had to stop training for the marathon I wanted to do this spring.

Today I did a 45 minute pilates video. Part aerobic and part anaerobic. Tomorrow is supposed to be my bike workout.

Next week the university pool opens (where dh works. We get to use it for free!) and so dd and I plan to go three days a week.

It looks like you all are doing a great job! I have missed posting to this thread. Last summer, you all really kept me going!:)

I remember you Angie! And I've missed seeing you! Glad to hear you are getting something done even if the marathon is out (sorry about that!).