Menu

Blaze the Kitty Guy

Two years ago this fall, we sheltered a feral cat during a hurricane. While the winds blew and the rain pounded, we tried our best to befriend him and by the time the winds died down, DH and I had decided he would be a new member of our family. It's been hard. For the longest time, we could only pet him at arms length and only from behind. He would never face us and allow us to touch him. In the last few months though, something changed. He's coming to us to be petted and asking to be picked up. Picked up! That's a minor miracle, right there. He's turned out to be a natural comedian and does something daily to keep us laughing. Here's a picture I took of him yesterday. He's such a guy. LOL

Blaze2.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 15

This photo is a riot!  Adorable!  I'm glad your new baby is warming up, that is such a gratifying development.  We rescued a surprise kitten going on a year ago I found in a regional park.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spryte said:

That is absolutely my favorite cat picture ever! I hope you have framed it. 

I definitely am going to. I keep a collection of framed pictures of the pets we've had throughout our marriage on top of a buffet. Blaze doesn't have one up there even though he's been here almost 2 years. For the longest time, his timidness would make him run if we pointed a phone at him for a picture, so I'm glad to finally have one I love and want to frame. He's a beautiful cat but I think I'm enjoying this one that shows off his personality vs one that shows how pretty he is.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I definitely am going to. I keep a collection of framed pictures of the pets we've had throughout our marriage on top of a buffet. Blaze doesn't have one up there even though he's been here almost 2 years. For the longest time, his timidness would make him run if we pointed a phone at him for a picture, so I'm glad to finally have one I love and want to frame. He's a beautiful cat but I think I'm enjoying this one that shows off his personality vs one that shows how pretty he is.

That pic just screams personality. And he’s obviously beautiful, too. Most importantly, his utterly relaxed look says everything about the comfort he feels with you and how far he’s come. You are a good rescue-cat mommy!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Spryte said:

That pic just screams personality. And he’s obviously beautiful, too. Most importantly, his utterly relaxed look says everything about the comfort he feels with you and how far he’s come. You are a good rescue-cat mommy!

ITA  ❤️  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Spryte said:

Thank you! And I love the idea that the picture will represent how far he has come. Almost like his own framed recognition certificate.

• Like 3