Menu

Tackling Friday Together, 12.22.23

mom31257

Good morning!
Ds is off to work, but dh is on break now.  We are going to Costco this morning, so I'm about to shower and get ready.

• Costco
  • back home, make a shopping list of the final stuff for tomorrow
  • lunch
  • go shopping
  • put everything away
  • wrap gifts
  • tidy house
  • dinner
  • make a time order list of cooking in the morning
  • prep a breakfast casserole for tomorrow night
  • watch some shows and relax
  • Like 7

Good morning!  

ds’ wallet got stolen overnight from his unlocked car (where’s the headbanging emoji???) and I’ve been on the phone with discover canceling the card.  The person tried to cashapp themselves from our discover card (ds has a credit card of ours) and thankfully, discover had already declined it.  Ds was going to his first endocrinology appt at a new office this morning, so he had to call and reschedule that since he has no license, insurance card, nothing to pay the copay with.  My shoulder and neck are tightened up now, so I guess a migraine will come on later from all this.    Say a prayer for him.  I know he’s about to lose it.   At least he goes in to work in a minute so it’ll take his mind off it and he can talk to an older guy at work who’s like a mentor to him.  

I need to take out the meats today for the taco bar on Sunday to thaw.   

clean up around the house

laundry 

supper?   Maybe sandwiches and soup? 

• Sad 7

I am enjoying my coffee and thinking about how to divide the to-do list between today and tomorrow. 

Shower ✔️ 
Check on mom ✔️ 
Costco ✔️ 
Wrap large gifts ✔️ 
Print something for a gift - needs a card/envelope. 

Get a magazine, part of a gift
Call the pharmacy? 

Bake macaroons?

Dinner is swordfish, potatoes, green peas, and salad. I think. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Howdie, happy Friday!  Are we glad it's Friday, or are we stressed out?  Or both?

I got up early to send out some urgent client reports.  Glad that's done.  Now what other client emergencies will arise today?  Or will I be able to trim my email inboxes?

I didn't clean much yesterday.  I was too tired.  Plus, I was told our maid was not coming today because she has the flu.  BUT at 9:10am today I was told she's better, she's coming this morning, and if she doesn't get paid today she will lose her car!  Merry Christmas!  I am fighting (and ashamed of) my judgmental urges.  We agreed that she will get an advance today but come and clean tomorrow.

My kids and one housemate are traveling back from Dallas today.  Should be gone throughout the "work day," so hopefully I can focus.  They both have homework to do once they return.

Well as I've been typing, a client emergency already arose.  LOL anyhoo ....

To do:

• Lots of client work!
  • Yoga etc.
  • Eat fruit, veggies, take vitamins, drink water.
  • A little reading.
  • Try to walk the dog while it's light out.
  • Clean during work breaks.
  • Buy a Christmas tree.
  • Dinner out.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 6

Good morning, everyone!! Stayed in bed until after 9-really taking advantage of Christmas break. Today's plans include:

finish cooking chicken and debone

cook the bones to make good broth for the freezer (and this weekend's dressing)

laundy

Edited by math teacher
update-this is what's left
  • Like 4

Good Afternoon 

groceries ordered and picked up

pup taken to park and walked

glad we drove and looked at Christmas lights last night it is very foggy and rainy today and into tonight

laundry to do 

gifts to wrap

dining room pick up, it’s become the catch all area

desk area pick up catch all over flow area

send ecards

make candy & cookies

make chex mix

• Like 4

Took a nap, but ds texted and woke me up, which is fine.  He was feeling upset about the wallet and needed to talk.   

Weirdly, my mom texted before him, probably an hour, and I think I looked at the phone and completely disregarded it.  Something about your kid trying to get ahold of you and your senses go on high alert, I guess.     Anyway, mother wanted to send me photos of my cousin’s daughter’s new apartment.  It’s a lone pic of her sink and dishwasher.  🤣🙄 I won’t ever tell my mother  this, but those type of (constant) texts drive me batty.  I just don’t give a damn, you know?   

fixed a quick supper.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hope the wallet stuff gets sorted out! Yikes. 

Scout, still praying for your mom. 

I went to visit grandma, not for as long as I'd like, but, traffic. And rain. It was a good visit, though, so that was good. 

Picked up my last packet for the quilt project, bought a couple of other little things. Came home, DH & Middle were peeling pecans for me - yay!. Dinner is in the  oven (DH is doing a prime rib roast, and made bread); I took a nap when I got home, and when I got up just now they all seem to have gone off on their 5K training walk so the house is quiet. 

I'm guessing tonight we will eat and watch TV and stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Mom is in her AL facility. She is not getting the assistance she needs. And she’s depressed. Not doing PT, going to meals, participating in activities etc. I helped her some today and made sure she got staff help and left a phone message with an admin person. Gonna have to stay on the AL staff to set some better standards for care when mom is so helpless. Exhausting. 
Poor mom. Her life is pretty crummy and there’s not much I can do to make it better. 

• Sad 5

Dinner was ok. Kitchen is tidy. Ds is watching a movie. Dh and Dd went out shopping for white elephant gifts. 

Tomorrow will be busy! 

I am not really getting much rest yet on Christmas Break. Y’all aren’t either, from your lists. I really just want 3-4 days to read books, not go out, and not cook. Moms don’t get vacation do they? 

Sorry for complaining!!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5