Menu

How do I make punch? (nonalcoholic)

Jean in Newcastle

1 minute ago, Terabith said:

I think the difference between sherbet and ice cream is that sherbet is maybe dairy free?  It's like ice cream and sold at ice cream shops, but it's lighter and not as rich.  

Sherbet isn't dairy-free but it has less milk than ice cream. I learned that when my daughter started getting sick from ice cream and other dairy products and sherbet didn't work for her either. 

• Like 2

Just now, Terabith said:

I think the difference between sherbet and ice cream is that sherbet is maybe dairy free?  It's like ice cream and sold at ice cream shops, but it's lighter and not as rich.  

No, it's not usually dairy free. Milk is the first ingredient in the sherbet I buy. It's cheaper than ice cream because it's milk instead of cream, and probably less of it as well. 

Sorbet is dairy free. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, marbel said:

Sherbet isn't dairy-free but it has less milk than ice cream. I learned that when my daughter started getting sick from ice cream and other dairy products and sherbet didn't work for her either. 

She has my condolences. 

I have a kidney stone and am drinking beer to help it pass. I hate the taste of beer, so I added some lemonade and some Strawberry-Banana juice. It's actually not half bad.

It's red, it's fizzy, it has a little citrus--is it punch???

MercyA's Beer Punch 🙂

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, MercyA said:

I have a kidney stone and am drinking beer to help it pass. I hate the taste of beer, so I added some lemonade and some Strawberry-Banana juice. It's actually not half bad.

MercyA's Beer Punch 🙂

I want to laugh at your punch and give sympathy for your discomfort. Hugs to you and cheers.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

Oh, what we call sorbet maybe? Non-dairy and frozen.

Sherbet here is a sweet powder that fizzes in your mouth. 

Screenshot_20230621-124138~2.png

No, sorbet and Sherbet/Sherbert (spelling varies) are not the same. Sorbet is just fruit/fruit juice and sugar. Sherbet/Sherbert are creamy more like ice cream. Sort of a hybrid between sorbet and ice cream. It is also usually artificially colored and flavored, lol. See image of rainbow sherbert below. image.png.73682731a628008d30653b1b2ef16a16.png

These are the ingredients for Publix brand (higher end grocery store in the South) Sherbet. 

Ingredients

Water, Corn Syrup, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Milkfat And Nonfat Milk, Orange Base (water, Orange Pulp, Concentrated Orange Juice, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Yellow 6, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Benzoate & Potassium Sorbate [preservatives]), Whey, Locust Bean Gum, Mono & Diglycerides, Guar Gum, Pectin, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Citric Acid.

2 hours ago, ktgrok said:

These are the ingredients for Publix brand (higher end grocery store in the South) Sherbet. 

Ingredients

Water, Corn Syrup, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Milkfat And Nonfat Milk, Orange Base (water, Orange Pulp, Concentrated Orange Juice, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Yellow 6, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Benzoate & Potassium Sorbate [preservatives]), Whey, Locust Bean Gum, Mono & Diglycerides, Guar Gum, Pectin, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Citric Acid.

I have now lost my appetite for sherbet.

I know that there are no locusts in locust bean gum but why can't they call it something else?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BandH said:

I have now lost my appetite for sherbet.

I know that there are no locusts in locust bean gum but why can't they call it something else?

Honestly, the locust bean gum is one of the healthier ingredients. That’s a scary list!

21 hours ago, MercyA said:

MercyA's Beer Punch 🙂

No, fizzy beer with fruit flavoring is hard seltzer! 

21 hours ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

Sherbet here is a sweet powder that fizzes in your mouth. 

Screenshot_20230621-124138~2.png

And wizz here is, um, pee . . . 

4 hours ago, ktgrok said:

Ingredients

That is some atrocious sherbet. The first ingredient should be milk.

• Like 1