Menu

May Healthy Eating

Selkie

Good morning. Man, I am enjoying this spring weather we finally have.

I am water and tea only til dinner today. We have an Every Plate meal to make tonight- dijon grilled chicken, roasted potatoes and zucchini. 

ETA I later had 1/4 cup of organic dark chocolate covered tart cherries.

Edited by Brittany1116
  • Like 5

Monday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with soybeans, oats, rye, barley, banana, longans, blueberries, raspberries, pomegranate, kiwi, guava, mango, goldenberries, fig, chokeberries, elderberries, barberries, pineapple, lemon and orange zest, mulberries, goji berries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens and microgreens, edamame, carrot, tomato, zucchini, quinoa, mushrooms, red bell pepper, mixed nuts, sesame seeds, WFPB Italian dressing.

Dinner - A bowl of leftover spicy creamy ramen with soba noodles, tofu, shiitakes, red and yellow bell pepper, broccoli, water chestnuts, sweet potato, scallions.

• Like 5

Ya for new months.

Monday- 

b: chocolate banana smoothie bowl- banana, flax, unsweet almond milk, cococa, vegan protein powder (1/2 serving), unsweet pb, blueberries, homemade muesli (asstd nuts, seeds, gf oats, and raisins)

l: peanut quinoa bowl- rainbow quinoa, carrots, peas, green onion, cilantro, purple cabbage, baked tofu, homemade no oil peanut dressing

d: taco pasta- gf whole grain pasta (cauliflower, quinoa, brown rice), black beans, corn, cashew 'cream' cheese, homemade taco seasoning, chopped tomatoes

snacks: green grapes; wfpb 'snickers' bites- 1.5 dates w/ smear of unsweet pb and 85% dark choc (about 1/2 oz);

turmeric chiller- 1/2 carrot, 3 cuties, turmeric, ginger, lemon juice, water, pinch black pepper

Edited by Soror
  • Like 5

I am up early and already planning to break my fast with what we call Almond Joy oatmeal... organic rolled oats cooked with water, plus 1 T hemp/chia/flax seeds crushed, 1 tsp organic cold pressed coconut oil, 1 T organic unsweetened shredded coconut, 1 T Enjoy Life chocolate chips, 2 T crushed raw unsalted almonds. 

I also had 6oz fresh organic orange juice. 

Edited by Brittany1116
  • Like 6

today's plan:

smoothie bowl- I'm thinking peach mint smoothie w/ coconut water, peaches, mango, banana, mint topped with homemade muesli (gf oats, cocoa nibs, unsweet coconut, raisins, walnuts, pecans, almond), flax, chia, blueberries and raspberries

lunch: thai quinoa bow- rainbow quinoa, mandarin oranges, edamame, carrot, purple cabbage, green onion, cilantro, peas, no oil homemade peanut dressing 

dinner:  vegan pad Thai-  (from plant based on a budget) rice noodles, baked tofu, red and orange bell peppers, green cabbage , green onion, shallot, cucumber idk whatever else veggies I feel like

snacks: 'snickers' bites- dates w/ nat pb + 85% dark choc; maybe miso roasted kale

• Like 5

Happy May! Speaking of health and eating, it's Celiac Awareness Month. If you'd like to learn what celiac disease is, here's a link: https://celiac.org/about-celiac-disease/what-is-celiac-disease/

Yesterday: I made a cashew mayo from scratch to make yum-yum sauce. The yum-yum sauce turned out well, but IDK what I'll do with the extra mayo. Also tried gingerade (aka ginger beer) without adding any sweetener. I'll make it that way again, maybe in a couple of weeks when we have family here. Dinner was pineapple not-fried rice with lots of veggies.

Today for lunch I'm going to make garlic-lemon roasted broccoli and Instant Pot sweet potatoes. Dinner is lemon-thyme white bean soup with kale. (Can you tell lemons are one of my favorite things?) I might try making a mango pudding for DS and DH. (I don't like mango, and DH will probably not like the tapioca.)

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, 73349 said:

Happy May! Speaking of health and eating, it's Celiac Awareness Month. If you'd like to learn what celiac disease is, here's a link: https://celiac.org/about-celiac-disease/what-is-celiac-disease/

Yesterday: I made a cashew mayo from scratch to make yum-yum sauce. The yum-yum sauce turned out well, but IDK what I'll do with the extra mayo. Also tried gingerade (aka ginger beer) without adding any sweetener. I'll make it that way again, maybe in a couple of weeks when we have family here. Dinner was pineapple not-fried rice with lots of veggies.

Today for lunch I'm going to make garlic-lemon roasted broccoli and Instant Pot sweet potatoes. Dinner is lemon-thyme white bean soup with kale. (Can you tell lemons are one of my favorite things?) I might try making a mango pudding for DS and DH. (I don't like mango, and DH will probably not like the tapioca.)

not tuna/chicken salad made with chickpeas? 

I'd love your recipe for the broccoli. It would be a nice change.

• Like 3

I’m going to join back in this month. Helps me make better decisions. 
Monday - breakfast- cashews, arugula salad, flank steak. Lunch- roasted broccoli and cauliflower, chicken thigh. Snack- pistachios and Asiago cheese.  Dinner- potato chips😂 that’s why I’m posting again! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Brittany1116 said:

I am up early and already planning to break my fast with what we call Almond Joy oatmeal... organic rolled oats cooked with water, plus 1 T hemp/chia/flax seeds crushed, 1 tsp organic cold pressed coconut oil, 1 T organic unsweetened shredded coconut, 1 T Enjoy Life chocolate chips, 2 T crushed raw unsalted almonds. 

I also had 6oz fresh organic orange juice. 

My window is an early one today and I am so snacky. 

Lunch was 2oz sharp cheddar, 1 small organic gala apple with 1 T peanut butter, and the last rosemary olive oil-soaked sourdough crostini. 

I just had a 4oz lemon Noosa yogurt. I am making green tea to sip on now. 

Dinner is ground beef tacos. We have soft and crunchy shells, salsa verde, sour cream, shredded cheddar, organic green onion, organic avocado, and local organic cherry tomatoes. I wish I had some cilantro; I always miss it when I don't have it. 

• Like 6

I was so hungry today. Been like that the last couple days. Nothing seems to satisfy. Writing it down and recording to see if I can figure out why. 
breakfast- triple berry mix with hemp, flax, chia, and walnuts and leftover flank steak. Cashews 

lunch and dinner- found a new salad mix with greens and microgreens, added tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pecorino Romano, chicken thighs. Dark chocolate. 
Think I need more veggies to fill me up! 

• Like 7

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with snowcap beans, oats, kamut, barley, mango, banana, longans, kiwi, dragon fruit, passion fruit, fig, nectarine, apricot, blueberries, pomegranate, goldenberries, lemon and lime zest, mulberries, goji berries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with kale, watercress, edamame, tomato, mushrooms, zucchini, sweet potato, quinoa, beets, WFPB Italian dressing.  A few slices of apple and pear.

Dinner - Homemade sushi, yum. Nori with tofu, brown rice, avocado, spring onions, daikon radish, carrot, shredded red cabbage, panko, sesame seeds. Served with wasabi and cashew sriracha dipping sauce.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Soror said:

I'd love your recipe for the broccoli. It would be a nice change.

Cut raw broccoli into florets and put them in an oven-safe dish, with a little space between pieces. Heat oven to 400F.

Mix in a little bowl some minced garlic, broth or olive oil, black pepper, any any other spices you want. Pour over the broccoli and stir. Cook 15-20 minutes.

ETA: Then squeeze on the lemon juice!

Edited by 73349
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

After everything that has happened, we are trying to get back on track. Our appetites have not been great.

Yesterday:

Coffee war, no breakfast.

Salads for lunch. Didn't taste good which had nothing to do with the salads, and everything to do with being a really tough day.

Refried bean burritos topped with grilled veggies, black beans, salsa, and some Greek yogurt. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

After everything that has happened, we are trying to get back on track. Our appetites have not been great.

Yesterday:

Coffee war, no breakfast.

Salads for lunch. Didn't taste good which had nothing to do with the salads, and everything to do with being a really tough day.

Refried bean burritos topped with grilled veggies, black beans, salsa, and some Greek yogurt. 

((hugs))

• Like 2

b: smoothie bowl of some sort (variation of earlier ones this week)

l: thai quinoa bowl  w/ baked tofu (same lunch I've been eating)

d: leftover gf pasta (cauliflower, brown rice, quinoa) + black beans + corn+ tomatoes+ cashew 'cream cheese' + green onions+ homemade taco seasoning

snacks: date Snickers bites - ??? 

• Like 5

I’m back from my fabulous empty nester vacation. On the whole I think the vacation evened out as far as food. Meals were definitely healthy and natural with only a few exceptions. We had desserts (sorbet or macarons) but not daily. We didn’t really snack between meals very much. For the record, French food is divine.

So now to get back into real life. So far doing fine on meals but ate far too much dark chocolate yesterday and today as the jet lag fog is so thick. I’m obviously craving the caffeine in the super-dark chocolate. 

• Like 5

Yesterday was an odd day. We ran errands in the morning, and got food out. I had half of a bacon egg cheese croissant (tween stole the rest), hashbrowns, and pineapple green tea. For lunch, I just made a PBJ with mixed berry jam from a country store we visited, and had the baked Lays I have been craving for a week. Dinner was spaghetti with meat sauce and mozzarella, followed by homemade snickerdoodle cookies. 

Today is a down/longer fast day. I am having half a cup of black coffee, then water til dinner. I am going to put half a chicken in the IP,  make yellow rice, and add a bagged chopped cabbage salad and yeast rolls from the freezer.

We are eating down the fridge in preparation for a trip so it's "use it all up" time. I need to inventory fresh stuff again so that it gets eaten ASAP.

• Like 5

I'm terrible at taking photos. Usually any food photo ends up looking dog food but I liked the colors of my smoothie bowl this morning. I used my blueberry thawing water to thin my smoothie and it turned it pink.

b: smoothie bowl- coconut water, mangos, strawberries, peaches, and banana, flax, mint leaves

topped with blueberries, raspberries, chia, muesli (oat, raisin, pepitas, hemp, pecans, walnuts, cocoa nibs, shredded coconut)

l: last of thai quinoa peanut bowl w/ baked tofu (red cabbage, cilantro, green onion, carrot, mandarins, rainbow quinoa- homemade peanut dressing)

d: roasted red pepper chili from plant based on a budget

snacks: dates w/ nat pb and 85% choc.

??? 

I ate ALL the food yesterday. In addition to planned food I had. Steel cut oats w/ a bit of pb, half a banana, and cocoa nibs; whole grain gf toast, smear of almond butter, other half of the banana, tostado w/ bit of black beans and chopped tomato bit of cashew cream cheese. I think that's it. It's a new day!

IMG_20230504_081830031.jpg

Edited by Soror
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Soror said:

I'm terrible at taking photos. Usually any food photo ends up looking dog food but I liked the colors of my smoothie bowl this morning. I used my blueberry thawing water to thin my smoothie and it turned it pink.

IMG_20230504_081830031.jpg

Yummm!

• Like 1

Wednesday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with cranberry beans, oats, spelt, barley, kiwi, mango, banana, apple, pear, blueberries, pomegranate, lemon and lime zest, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, fig, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with kale, watercress, edamame, beets, snow peas, sweet potato, broccoli, bell peppers, mushrooms, WFPB Italian dressing. Longans and dragon fruit.

Dinner - The last of the tofu/veg sushi.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Toocrazy!! said:

@Selkie are those greens from misfits market? Look delicious! 

Not these, but I do love the Tender Greens mix from Misfits. The greens in the pic are ones I bought directly from a grower, plus microgreens I grew myself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Selkie said:

Breakfast bowl with cranberry beans, oats, spelt, barley, kiwi, mango, banana, apple, pear, blueberries, pomegranate, lemon and lime zest, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, fig, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Can you tell me how you do this?  

I'm curious both where and how you get your ingredients (e.g. are things like chokeberries and goji berries frozen or dried or raw?  Do you find them in your grocery store or special order?) and how you prep ingredients and make the bowl.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BandH said:

Can you tell me how you do this?  

I'm curious both where and how you get your ingredients (e.g. are things like chokeberries and goji berries frozen or dried or raw?  Do you find them in your grocery store or special order?) and how you prep ingredients and make the bowl.  

Most of the fruits are either fresh or frozen, depending on what is available. I always get some fruits frozen - like wild blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, pomegranate arils. Other things, like pineapple, mango, passion fruit, and dragon fruit, are usually fresh but I'll use frozen if fresh isn't available. The figs and some of the berries are dried - chokeberries, barberries, elderberries, goji berries, and mulberries. I get fresh goldenberries when I can, or otherwise used dried. 

Nuts.com is where I buy dried fruit. They have a good assortment of unsweetened dried fruit with no oil (but you have to read the ingredients because they have lots of not-so-healthy dried fruit, too). All my raw nuts and seeds come from there, too. Their Turkish figs are amazing and one of our favorite foods, and they have some unusual things that are fun to try. I just ordered something called dried yacon, which I have never heard of but am interested to try!

To assemble the bowls, I basically just get two big soup bowls (one for me and one for dh) and fill it with various bits and bobs of fruit (some of it is already cut up and some I cut up as I go), add in the beans (which are cooked and kept in my freezer), and then add the nuts and seeds. I keep two 8-cup mason jars in my fridge, one filled with freshly ground flax seed and the other filled with a mix of ground chia and hemp plus raw sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Then I sprinkle whatever whole grains I'm using on top - uncooked, and only about 1/3 - 1/2 cup or so. I top the whole thing off with a dash of spices - cinnamon, ginger, turmeric - and some soy milk.

Dh gets more grains (about two cups) because he needs more calories than I do and he usually skips lunch. I cook his grains, too, since he prefers them that way.

Hope that explanation helps - it sounds way more complicated than it is! It only takes me a few minutes to prep the bowls each morning.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens and Johnny jump ups. Breakfast bowl with soybeans, oats, barley, rye, blueberries, pomegranate, longans, goldenberries, kiwi, mango, pineapple, peach, fig, barberries, chokeberries, elderberries, cherries, passion fruit, dragonfruit, lemon and orange zest, mulberries, goji berries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, snow peas, tomato, mushrooms, bell peppers, broccoli, carrot, raw mixed nuts, sesame seeds, WFPB Italian dressing. Strawberries and a few slices of apple and pear.

Dinner - There were a couple things in the fridge that I wanted to use up - leftover soba noodles and an abundance of cabbage - so I made a stir fry. Soba noodles, thinly sliced green and red cabbage, garlic, spring onions, ginger, two bags of assorted stir fry veggies, tofu. Topped it with teriyaki balsamic vinegar from California Balsamics - really good. Also had a steamed artichoke.

• Like 5

Thursday 

breakfast- keto cinnamon blueberry granola with coconut yogurt 

mint iced tea 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, 2 squares of chocolate 

snack - flaxseed brownie bite

dinner- chicken drumsticks marinated in sweet chili sauce; 1/2 cup if potato salad, coleslaw 

2 eggs before bedtime 

• Like 5

Breakfast- strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, chia, flax, hemp, cashews dark chocolate and chicken sausage 

lunch- arugula, tomatoes, cannellini beans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chicken, balsamic, olive oil 

snack- 1/2 Dave’s no junk protein bar 

played pickleball until late so I’m skipping dinner. 

• Like 5

Shaking off jet lag bit by bit, back in the saddle.

Thursday

Breakfast—Banana, and a stirfry of potatoes, onion, and leftover kielbasa bits. I had bought the kielbasa from the grocery store our first day back thinking it would be quick and easy, but it just tasted cheap and wrong. Way better to get the real thing from the Euro deli if we’re going to embrace those calories. Just another reminder in how factory-ization of our food ruins everything. I think it was especially stark after eating gorgeously in France on our dreamy trip. Tea (S).

Lunch—orange, 2 eggs easy over. More tea. Also some corn chips with salsa.

Snack—too much dark chocolate. Today (Friday) I will cut back or skip it. More tea.

Dinner—Chicken stirfry with broccoli, onion, red pepper, garlic, spices, gf soy sauce, rice.

• Like 5

@Harriet Vane jet lag is terrible. I hope you have an easy day today.

@Selkie thanks for info about the bowls. I'm assuming you must thaw those beans before eating them?? I'm looking at nuts.com for some new dried fruit to try out.

-----------------------------

I figured out why I've been so hungry. I looked at the calendar and I'm due any day for my period. Thankfully I wasn't starving as much yesterday. I had grapes for dessert after dinner and a larabar while playing pickleball but otherwise stuff to my plan.

today:

b: smoothie bowl of some sort

l: I *think* I'm going to make a sheet pan of roasted veggies- potatoes, broccoli, zucchini, kale, red onion, carrot--- I'm not sure whatever else I have in the frig

I used all of my meal prep and don't have any leftover veggie chili. I've had a cold salad for lunch all week so something hot sounds good.

d: homemade baked falafel w/ homemade gf naan tofu "feta" , tomatoes and cucumbers

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

At my mother's, so eating well.  Yesterday I made two  huge pots of soup to freeze for her so had some chicken-ginger-veggie soup, then for teatime we made May wine with sweet woodruff from her garden and had it with strawberries, brie and crackers, cut up turnips, carrots, broccolini, radishes, tahini dip, and pistachios.  Dinner was chard-feta fritters.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Soror said:

@Selkie thanks for info about the bowls. I'm assuming you must thaw those beans before eating them?? I'm looking at nuts.com for some new dried fruit to try out.

Nah, we just eat the beans frozen. It's nice because we eat our raw greens first and I throw some super hot and spicy mustard greens in the mix, so the frozen beans and fruit are nice for cooling down our mouths.

How do you like the tofu feta?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Nah, we just eat the beans frozen. It's nice because we eat our raw greens first and I throw some super hot and spicy mustard greens in the mix, so the frozen beans and fruit are nice for cooling down our mouths.

How do you like the tofu feta?

Interesting I'd assumed they'd be too hard to chew frozen.

Feta is still marinating. This is my first time trying it. 

• Like 2

Friday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens and Johnny jump ups. Breakfast bowl with French lentils, oats, barley, kiwi, blueberries, pomegranate, longans, goldenberries, mango, apple, fig, nectarine, sour cherries, lemon and lime zest, mulberries, goji berries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, edamame, mushrooms, beets, tomato, zucchini, cucumber, pistachios, sweet potato, black bean hummus for dressing. Strawberries and a couple slices of peach.

Dinner - Repeat of last night - a steamed artichoke and stir fry.

Dessert - Butter pecan banana nice cream.

• Like 4

Saturday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens and Johnny jump ups. Breakfast bowl with Dominican beans, oats, spelt, longans, kiwi, mango, passion fruit, dragon fruit, blueberries, blackberries, pomegranate, fig, pluot, elderberries, barberries, chokeberries, lemon and orange zest, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, buckwheat, snow peas, broccoli, cauliflower, corn, mushrooms, bell peppers, black bean hummus for dressing with a dash of balsamic vinegar. Strawberries and pineapple.

Dinner - I made two kinds of homemade pizza. The first was our favorite Thai pizza (based on Toni Okamoto’s recipe from Plant Based on a Budget) with spicy peanut sauce, tofu, scallions, jalapenos, and carrot matchsticks. The second had tomato sauce with pepperoni spice from Local Spicery, grilled onions and peppers, mushrooms, black olives, and crumbled up burgers from Tracy’s Real Foods.

• Like 3

Friday- healthy 🙂 

breakfast- arugula salad, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cannellini beans, balsamic, olive oil, cheese and crackers 

lunch - romaine, peppers, onions, black beans, beef, salsa, couple chips and queso

dinner- roasted Brussel sprouts, Greek salad with garbanzos 

saturday - not so healthy 🙂 

breakfast- homemade chocolate babka a friend brought over. Delicious! 

lunch- chick fil a sandwich AND fries! 

dinner- salad, pasta with red sauce, sausage, huge chocolate covered strawberry 

• Like 5

Saturday 

breakfast- keto cinnamon blueberry granola with coconut yogurt 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and mixed greens; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, 2 squares of chocolate 

dinner- at a banquet. One chicken enchilada, refried beans, sour cream, guacamole, tortilla chips, salad (greens, tomatoes, bell peppers, vinaigrette), fruit salad (red and green apples, mandarin orange segments, fresh strawberry slices, and blueberries), dark chocolate. 

• Like 5

Traveled for ds’ and ddil’s graduation. Was still headachy and bleary from jet lag. When we started our trip we were okay within just a few days, but the return jet lag has lingered a full week. 

I’m struggling to remember Friday’s meals, though I do recall having chicken salad with a green salad on Friday evening. Dh bought ice cream for all and a scoop of sorbet for me.

Saturday:

Breakfast—Eggs, bacon, avocado, tomato, gf toast, and mixed fruit. 

Lunch—Crazy. We didn’t think through the lack of time between the big grad ceremony and the little one. Snacked our way through with chips and peanuts and some desperation peanut m&ms. After the ceremony we grabbed rib tips at a food truck and split an order since we’d be eating at ds’ party later. This reinforced the need to think ahead. 

Dinner—Bunless burger, fruit salad, watermelon. Had a handful of chips as well. Later had an orange.

• Like 5

Saturday:

Peachy Green Smoothie (adapted from Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow) coconut water, strawberries, bananas, peaches, mango, flax seed, mint and kale topped w/ homemade muesli blueberry, mango, and raspberry

copycat ChikFilA kale salad (w/ raisins, plain slivered almonds and reduced oil and maple syrup); homemade baked falafel; roasted spiced sweet potato

green bean and potato salad w/ chickpeas and chives w/ a homemade vinagriette

snacks; dates w/ nat pb and 85% choc; airpopped popcorn w/ spray of olive oil and nut. yeast; gf whole grain bread w/ almond butter and 1/3 banana;

Sunday plans:

green tea waiting for people to wake up 🙂 ; peachy green smoothie w/ homemade muesli blueberries, raspberries, and mango

leftover green bean, potato, tomato, chickpea, chive, salad

lentil curry w/ basmati rice; spiced roasted cauliflower

snacks: apple and gf toast w/ ab and banana; ? banana nice cream?? I need some fresh ideas I'm going to look for some inspiration

I'm working on prep for lunch this week. I think I'll make enough curry to have that for some days and then do the green bean salad on the other days. I need to boil a couple more potatoes.

Still waiting on my period. Stupid hormones. Instead of waking in the night like usual I just keep waking up early which contributes to the PMS hungriness and makes me draggy in the middle of the day. Perimenopause, what a joy. 

• Like 4

On 5/5/2023 at 10:11 AM, Selkie said:

Every time you give us some beta on your breakfast bowls, I have to adjust my imagination of making and eating one.  Frozen beans, check.  Hot and spicy mustard greens, check.

Edited by Eos
  • Like 3

Friday was a blur but I know it ended with chicken tamales from a food truck at the Cinco de Mayo fest.

Yesterday I ate a Greek salad then made a salmon Niçoise salad for dinner with roasted sweet potatoes, jammy eggs, radishes, roasted broccolini, roasted cauliflower, green beans and lemon-garlic vinaigrette on greens from my mother's friend.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Eos said:

Every time you give us some beta on your breakfast bowls, I have to adjust my imagination of making and eating one.  Frozen beans, check.  Hot and spicy mustard greens, check.

Lol, our meals have evolved in some (happily) surprising ways. Up until a few years ago, I never would have expected that beans and greens would be such a key to feeling great.

• Like 2