Menu

April Well-Trained Bodies

Ali in OR

Didn't see a new thread yet...here goes.

Did my Saturday morning yoga. We have a rainy weekend here and highs in the 40's until Wednesday--not very spring-like.

In April I have a couple of annual health appointments. My weight is still up even with relatively healthy Lenten eating--no sweets, salad every day. Sigh. I'm still going to try to be extra careful with food intake over the next week or so as I expect to have a blood draw with my annual exam.

• Like 6

@Ali in OR Thanks for starting off the new month! We're starting April off with rain and gloom here, too. Great job getting in your yoga!

I did a yoga session this morning (my own design), and plan to walk the dogs a couple times. Hopefully the weather improves.

No tennis until next Tuesday, so I can work on some recovery for my sore hamstrings. Fortunately, all my upper-arm tennis elbow and shoulder pain has vanished. It seems that a combination of a new, lighter tennis racquet, PT strength/stretch exercises, and limiting and/or spreading out my tennis playing has worked! ☺️

Now if I could figure out why my knee gets sore when cycling. It seems there is always some sort of body pain as I age. I'm turning 56 this month, and entering the last half of the 5th decade isn't as exciting as the first half. 🤪

• Like 6

3 hours ago, wintermom said:

@Ali in OR Thanks for starting off the new month! We're starting April off with rain and gloom here, too. Great job getting in your yoga!

I did a yoga session this morning (my own design), and plan to walk the dogs a couple times. Hopefully the weather improves.

No tennis until next Tuesday, so I can work on some recovery for my sore hamstrings. Fortunately, all my upper-arm tennis elbow and shoulder pain has vanished. It seems that a combination of a new, lighter tennis racquet, PT strength/stretch exercises, and limiting and/or spreading out my tennis playing has worked! ☺️

Now if I could figure out why my knee gets sore when cycling. It seems there is always some sort of body pain as I age. I'm turning 56 this month, and entering the last half of the 5th decade isn't as exciting as the first half. 🤪

I have to be careful with cycling.  My arthritic knee rarely gives me problems,  but the angle of pushing down on a pedal on a hill seems to be a problem.  I stick to flat  cycling along disused railway lines and similar. 

Thanks for starting the thread @Ali in OR

• Like 7

@Laura Corin Great photos! Thanks so much for sharing. Your hair is definitely longer now than in the last photo I remember seeing of you. You look great! I love the scenery. Scottish hills/mountains are just so lovely to look at. And they also seem very approachable and hikable. Very similar to the mountains in Norway.

The first dog walk, and off-leash run, is finished. I'll probably do another medium length leash walk later on.

• Like 7

(Originally posted in the March thread, accidentally deleted instead of copying when I decided to move it over here.)

The good news is that I made my step goal both Thursday and Friday and am on track to do so today, too. The not-so-good news is that I'm still not finding more than 10-15 minutes each day to do anything in addition to walking. Ever since I started this new job, no matter how early I get up in the morning, I find myself out of time to do more than that. Those 30-minute strength and stretching sessions out on the patio are just not happening (much to the disappointment of my cats). 

Today, I started with a short (2K) walk with the dog, then headed out with dog and husband for a ramble around a big craft fair downtown. 

I've been cooking, doing laundry and working on school assignments since we got home, but the plan is to get out for another walk in just a bit to finish off the day's steps. 

Earlier in the day, I tried to convince myself that I would do some yoga, too, but since it's now going on 8:00 PM and I still need to finish drafting this short paper that is due tomorrow evening and walk another 4,000+ steps, it's not likely I'll get to it today. I've been really, really missing my Saturday morning yoga at the lake. I still have Tuesday evenings, but I miss the twice-weekly schedule. I know there are plenty of videos online, but I appreciated the nudge that registering and paying for a class provides to follow through. If I can do something on my own schedule and am not accountable to anyone, it's all too easy to de-prioritize the activity. 

Spring Start 2023 Challenge: 144.8 of 500K
Activity Streak: 44

• Like 8

I saw a podiatrist this past week and it turns out I have metatarsalgia, which means no walking for another week or two, icing my foot twice a day, and doing some stretches. I haven't done much of anything else, partly because it seems there are still doctor appointments to go to at least once a week, sometimes more. I'm done with radiation--I shouldn't have to see any more doctors!  On the other hand, my energy is picking up. I actually worked on some lesson plans for the kids this week instead of not thinking about it at all and just doing the next page.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

I did get out for a (dog-less) 3.7K walk last night, which pushed me up over my daily step goal. 

This morning, I took her with me, and she seemed enthusiastic about walking. I assumed we would end up at the dog park, but then she started stopping every few feet to smell things and dawdle along. I just felt like I really needed to move today, so as soon as it looked like she was running out of steam, I dropped her at home and went back out by myself. All told, it was about 4.7K. 

My husband recently reminded me that, as a Disney spouse, I have access to Grokker for free. I remembered I had set up an account some time ago, but had never really used it. However, I logged in and discovered that they have a whole bunch of yoga (and other) exercise videos, all of which I can watch without ads. I found what looks to be a nice series specifically for folks over 50 and did the first of those this morning. I'm still on the lookout for another local class, but I will try to keep doing these in the meantime.

Spring Start 2023 Challenge: 153.2 of 500K
Activity Streak: 45

Edited by Jenny in Florida
  • Like 7

I had fun buying plants for the pond today and going out to lunch. I also spent time in the garden picking up stones before we re-seed the lawn.

Yoga before supper and a walk with Husband in the light evening afterwards.

'Hobbes' comes home tomorrow for a few days.

• Like 7

I got in my usual multiple dog walks. I also did some stretches. I found this full-body stretch chart of things I can do while watching tv! My hamstrings are still sore for certain motions. I'm hoping they'll eventually recover on their own and I don't have to get physiotherapy. I'll give them a couple more weeks. 😉 

• Like 6

Made my step goal again yesterday.

In my never-ending quest to wake up early enough to do the full morning routine before leaving for work, I set my alarm another 10 minutes earlier for this week. The dog does seem to be sticking with the "Let me sleep while you go out on your own first" pattern, which allows me to get in a decent walk at pace before coming home and taking her slowly around the block. This morning, it was about 4.7K, total. 

I had some technical difficulties that slowed me down and consequently still got only a little over 15 minutes of additional exercise: 10 minutes of lower body work with an exercise band and about the first half of a 10-minute upper body dumbbell workout. 

More walking at work this afternoon and a short after-work stroll with the dog have me within 1,500 steps of my daily goal. So, I'll knock that out before bedtime.

(At the moment, I have a quiet house because my husband is out at a work event, and I'm going to try and make use of it to accomplish some schoolwork.)

Spring Start 2023 Challenge: 164.1 of 500K
Activity Streak: 46

Edited by Jenny in Florida
  • Like 7

Saturday, not much, Sunday I did my weight/resistance workout, today I played pickleball for hours, Outside- yay! I have successfully done my Pilates roll ups and 10 pushups every day now for a week? But I’m going to use April 1 as my start date because it’s easier to remember. I can’t do full pushups yet. I do them on my steps, so lots of room for improvement there! 

• Like 7

On 4/1/2023 at 7:56 PM, knitgrl said:

I saw a podiatrist this past week and it turns out I have metatarsalgia, which means no walking for another week or two, icing my foot twice a day, and doing some stretches. I haven't done much of anything else, partly because it seems there are still doctor appointments to go to at least once a week, sometimes more. I'm done with radiation--I shouldn't have to see any more doctors!  On the other hand, my energy is picking up. I actually worked on some lesson plans for the kids this week instead of not thinking about it at all and just doing the next page.

I'm so sorry about your pain. I, too, had metatarsalgia. I iced by immersing my feet in a shallow pan of water with a cupful of ice thrown in. This way, I could ice 3-4 times per day simply adding ice to the same pan. Water conducts temperature beautifully, so it was agonizing but effective. The other thing that helped me was a specific orthopedic shoe insert that has a raised ridge just below the ball of my foot to take the pressure of that area. I wore them with Brooks shoes because they particularly good at absorbing shock. (Hokka is another recommended brand for this.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I slept until my alarm this morning which is about 15 min more than usual. The cat will adjust and awake me earlier tomorrow. Anyway, this morning I only did 15 min on the treadmill. The sun was out when I got home so Molly took me on a walk around the block (and she's very much in favor of that becoming a regular thing). Closed the exercise ring.

• Like 6

I'm a little behind on reporting in. Thursday was gyrotonics with my sweet niece, and then Friday I went to the gym for weights and core. Saturday I meant to get to it all day and didn't. Sunday we went to the zoo with some friends' kids, so that was a ton of walking (and incidentally, I'm so pleased with my new Chacos shoes, which are both light and supportive and perfect for long days walking). Today I rode the recumbent bike and then took a walk on the lane. I'm planning to go hang on the teeterboard shortly, and then to bed. 

• Like 7

Let's see--- 

Yesterday-- just a short walk  and 30 min upper body strength with dd2 (I had to come and go 4 different times between ferrying dd and client visits)

Today--- much slower day (might get by with only one trip out of the house)-- planned- walk/stretch/ short cardio (aiming to get some time at higher heart rate)

I'm still healing from sciatica. I'm having steady improvement and the bad days aren't as bad. However, I fell on the ground Sunday night and landed right on my bad side and I've had an increase in pain with that.

The last 2 weeks I've hit an average of 10k steps a day.

I'm keeping my goal here--- 1- I've had steady improvement without making things worse and 2- I want to make sure I have time for strength and stretching work.

I'm still just doing upper body strength work (aiming for 2-3 times a week). I'm aiming for at least 3 sessions of stretching a week. 

Although, I've been saying this since February I really think by the end of April I'll be able to do regular activities. One day at a time.

It is still high stress here with the anniversary of bf's death, dh winding down a heavy semester, and me starting to have my own clients. Thankfully, at least the stress of getting my own clients is dissipating. The first week was rough. It surprised me as I had been anxious to have my own clients and felt ready but then when I got them this anxiety hit. Now it's been 2 weeks and I feel more at ease. It is a bit less than 3 weeks before the anniversary and dh will finish his semester in 5 weeks. 

I'm also slowly losing the weight I put on this winter with the injury and stress. My hormones are still wonky but mostly I feel like I'm doing well considering. 

I' had got up to 133. Previously I'd maintained below 125 but found my body kept gravitating a bit higher so I just decided to let it be and had been around 127-128 for several months. Now back under 130 (129.6 at last weigh in). I'm aiming for 127-128 by the end of the month. I've mostly been focusing on increasing the nutrient density of my food. As much fruit and veggies as I can get. Aiming for variety and more veg*n meals. I'm still not where I want to be but progress not perfection. As I said yesterday was a hectic day and I was thinking my meals weren't that good but when I looked back I had - 3 servings whole grains, 3.5 servings of fruit, 5 servings of vegetables, and 1 servings of beans. I feel great about that considering.

• Like 8

Bodyweight circuit x2 and 10 min yoga. Lots of pet help. Push ups over a labrador head don't work, but crunches alongside a labrador sort of work, cat playing with my ponytail at the same time. They love floor work. I haven't taken my bp for many months, so I've started doing that in anticipation of my dr appt this week (it had been trending normal for a couple of months). I sit calmly for 3 min, take bp, 138/87. Sit a few more min, take bp, 118/86. Sit a little more, sip mocha, take bp, 113/85. I will be taking my monitor with me to the doctor to check it against their equipment. I don't think it's supposed to vary that much!

• Like 7

@Ali in OR let us know what they say about your BP. I get those kind of results a lot. I have read you’re supposed to sit for 5 minutes without talking and your arm should be heart height I think. Drs offices never do that. Last time my arm was hanging and the nurse was asking he questions while doing the reading.

• Like 5

I was supposed to go to the cancer center for class today, but dd13 had a doctor appointment this afternoon, it would have been cutting it close to bring her home and then go out again. I'm kind of tired right now, but before dinner, I did do 8 of the 20 exercises they gave me. I skipped two of them because they involved rocking on the balls of my feet, which I'm avoiding atm.

• Like 8

@Soror It was so great to read your post and all the progress you've made. So sorry you fell on your sore side and experienced more pain. You'll have to give me some tips on losing weight. I'm carrying an extra 5 pounds of "winter weight" that I'm hoping will magically disappear once the snow melts. 😉 

Tennis was really fun this morning. two solid hours of lots of movement. I also got in a couple of dog walks and some stretching. 

• Like 7

Another 5 mile walk yesterday then a long day of scrubbing the floor.  Today is supposed to be a wintry mix so I will really focus on getting the rest of the house done, fix up beds for Easter weekend, and do a longer pilates video.  Morning routine after coffee instead of before.

• Like 7

Oh yuck! I can't even see out my windows this morning due to them being glazed over with freezing rain. Plus there is obviously no sunshine to brighten up the day. Boo. 😌

I hope I can get outside eventually - for the sake of the dogs and for my mental health. I'll try to focus on some indoor exercises until then. 

IMG-20230405-WA0000.jpeg

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Dealing with cold not-spring weather here too.

I'm liking Fitbymik on youtube so I tried a 20 min cardio by her and it was a good fit for me. Not dancing stuff. 45 seconds of a particular exercise then 15 seconds off. Good cardio workout.

• Like 5

Fitbymik 20 min standing full body dumbbell workout. She has other workouts but I know I like this one so I keep doing the same thing. She does 8 lb weights and I do 5 lb, but I moved up to 8 lb for almost all of the single weight exercises. Not the one with the lateral lift as that is hard for my shoulder/upper arm.

• Like 3

On 4/5/2023 at 1:50 AM, Laura Corin said:

@Soror I'm glad you are seeing improvements. 

Yesterday - just a sunny walk at lunchtime. 'Hobbes' is home for a few days, so I'm hanging out with him.

On 4/4/2023 at 8:18 PM, wintermom said:

@Soror It was so great to read your post and all the progress you've made. So sorry you fell on your sore side and experienced more pain. You'll have to give me some tips on losing weight. I'm carrying an extra 5 pounds of "winter weight" that I'm hoping will magically disappear once the snow melts. 😉 

Tennis was really fun this morning. two solid hours of lots of movement. I also got in a couple of dog walks and some stretching. 

On 4/4/2023 at 8:09 AM, Toocrazy!! said:

@Soror I’m so glad you’re feeling better and able to get back to your exercises! That has to have been a super frustrating time for you.

@Laura Corin beautiful picture! What a glorious place for a hike! 

On 4/4/2023 at 7:41 AM, Harriet Vane said:

@Soror Bravo to you!!! You are a fabulous example of the power of moving steadily forward, inch by inch. I’m glad you’re seeing some gains even through stressful injuries and changes and workload and all the mourning and supporting. 

Thank you ladies for the kind words.

I might have spoke too soon as this week has not been great. I think it is a combination. The bad fall right on my hip, hormones messing up my sleep --- which means I'm tired and not as active, and too much driving. I'd also just started really tapering back the ibuprofen this weekend. I should have aborted after my fall but I thought it would be nbd. Well, starting Tues afternoon I really had to start increasing it again. Then last night I woke up sleeping on my bad side (I sleep on my back 90% of the time since the injury as that's the best position). I rolled over to my back and then I had pain on both sides that was really uncomfortable. This morning was not great at all so it was 2 ibuprofen and a tylenol and I'm back to tolerable. My pain is back to just the one side. Not sure why it hurt both sides as I've not had pain on the other side this whole time. Hoping that doesn't come back. Color me annoyed.

On the plus side I have walked every day-- not as much as I wanted due to fatigue and busyness but I have walked. 

This am- 10 min cardio- heavily modified as I wasn't moving well but knew I needed to do what I could

upper body strength with dd2 and a walk later at the park while they do tkd

• Like 4

I'm sorry for all those dealing with winter weather. 

It is fairly 'springy' here with temps in the 60s-70s.

@knitgrl I'm sorry about the injury.

@Toocrazy!! awesome job keeping with the pushups. it is inspiring to see the strength gains. I've not done any pushups since my injury as PT said planks and such were too much but I'd like to add them back and see how much I've lost.

@Laura Corin Your hair has gotten so long. I love it. You guys are adorable. 

@wintermom re: weight loss- slow and steady here-- progress over perfection- I just keep on working on eating more healthy foods so that I'm too full for junky ones and my taste buds start to reset back to craving the healthy options.Still a work in progress (always). 

@Jenny in Florida how long until your semester is over? I feel for you. I see dh struggling here. We're counting down the days. It's rough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Soror said:

@wintermom re: weight loss- slow and steady here-- progress over perfection- I just keep on working on eating more healthy foods so that I'm too full for junky ones and my taste buds start to reset back to craving the healthy options.Still a work in progress (always). 

Great tips! I've already made some progress on reducing the weight. I just need to be patient and keep my eating under control. 😉  I could start by not buying dill pickle potato chips! 

• Like 3

Yesterday was horribly rainy. I ended up skipping the gym, intending to do some stuff at home and then never got around to it. I did, however, hang on the teeter board, so that's a win. I've managed to hit several days in a row and it does help.

Gyrotonics today, always a blessing. I'll hang on the teeter board again tonight, and I'm planning to hit the gym first thing tomorrow.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Soror said:

@Jenny in Florida how long until your semester is over? I feel for you. I see dh struggling here. We're counting down the days. It's rough.

Two more weeks of assignments. I think the semester might technical run another week after that to accommodate exams, but neither of my classes has a final. 

I keep reminding myself that I'm doing this by choice. It's supposed to be "fun," as well as personally and professionally enriching. And it's definitely engaging a lot of the time, but between the ongoing family stuff and changing jobs and adjusting to the new routine of being back in the office a few days a week and playing catch up following the last bout of vertigo . . . I'm well and truly toasted and ready to have a little less to do.

• Like 5

Just noticed I had not posted since Monday. It's been another busy week, apparently. 

Anyway, I've been making my step goal every day since then and doing at least a little bit of additional exercise. Sometimes, like this morning, all I can squeeze into the morning is 10 minutes with the dumbbells. Yesterday, though, I did two of the stackable 10-minute videos I like and still got out the door more or less on time. It requires waking up at about 4:30, which is earlier than I'd like, but it provides me enough time to walk at least 4K on my own at pace, take the dog for her preferred slow .5K ramble, feed her, do some kind of additional exercise, shower and dress, gather up lunch and my laptop bag and be walking out the door between 7:15 and 7:30. 

I took a tumble at work yesterday. No serious injuries, but I bruised both knees, the left more seriously than the right, and scraped/bumped my left shin. I also apparently smacked my rib cage on the left side, because I'm pretty sore there today, despite not seeing any bruises. Between the bruises and some swelling and general soreness, I'm moving a little slowly today. So, I only just barely made my 4K goal for walking this morning. It was still pretty hot when I got home from work, which may have contributed to the dog not being interested in much of a walk . . .  all of which means I still have nearly 5,000 steps left to do to make today's count. 

I'm hoping that, by the time I force myself to get some schoolwork done and need a break, it will be cool enough outside to make another walk appealing. Otherwise, I'll hit the stationary bike.

Spring Start 2023 Challenge: 186.3 of 500K
Activity Streak: 49

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jenny in Florida said:

Two more weeks of assignments. I think the semester might technical run another week after that to accommodate exams, but neither of my classes has a final. 

I keep reminding myself that I'm doing this by choice. It's supposed to be "fun," as well as personally and professionally enriching. And it's definitely engaging a lot of the time, but between the ongoing family stuff and changing jobs and adjusting to the new routine of being back in the office a few days a week and playing catch up following the last bout of vertigo . . . I'm well and truly toasted and ready to have a little less to do.

I'm with you. This has been a rough year and I should have dropped my module this semester.  The teacher was nice but not very inspiring. I could have done with some mental space.

I have one more essay to write, and my heart is not in it. The job I thought I had a good chance at and that could help me to escape from departmental merger purgatory - yesterday I learned I won't even be interviewed. 

Oh well, that means that I don't need to alter our holiday plans next week - Orkney here we come! And tomorrow I get to eat hot cross buns with my sweet son before he gets on the train back to university - it's been so nice to see him.

Just managing some lunchtime walks this week. Hoping for more this weekend. 

• Sad 4

12 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

I'm with you. This has been a rough year and I should have dropped my module this semester.  The teacher was nice but not very inspiring. I could have done with some mental space.

I have one more essay to write, and my heart is not in it. The job I thought I had a good chance at and that could help me to escape from departmental merger purgatory - yesterday I learned I won't even be interviewed. 

Oh well, that means that I don't need to alter our holiday plans next week - Orkney here we come! And tomorrow I get to eat hot cross buns with my sweet son before he gets on the train back to university - it's been so nice to see him.

Just managing some lunchtime walks this week. Hoping for more this weekend. 

Ugh. I'm sorry about the job. I know all too well how miserable it is to feel trapped in an uncertain employment situation. I'm crossing my fingers something else comes up for you soon.

Enjoy the hot cross buns and time with your son! It sounds like a lovely way to decompress. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This was a hard week emotionally here too. I would say job stress, but it's not the teaching or the kids or even the workload. It's the decision-making happening at higher levels that will just make the job harder and damages the professionalism of teachers. Decisions being made for teachers that should be made by teachers. This is one of a few times that I wonder do I really want to be doing this. But then I get in my classroom and work with my kids and they are great. They are why I hang in there. Still, I look to next year and I'm thinking of requesting a change in courses because I think they're making the the job of Algebra 1 teacher difficult to the point of not being sustainable. I think I might break in that role.

Anyway, this morning I did an old favorite yoga I haven't done in awhile (mostly because it's 33 min and I've been choosing shorter), Root to Rise. It's one that feels like it should actually count as exercise--lots of downward dogs, some planks, forward folds, but I especially like the tree poses at the end because balance is one thing I can do!

• Like 4

@Laura Corin So sorry about the job. That's really disappointing. I really hope that something else comes up, or that the changes at your work won't be too horrible. Enjoy your holiday at Orkney!! (running off to confirm where Orkney is - islands north of you, I believe).

@Ali in OR Sorry your work situation is stressful right now. Glad the actual teaching is great, though! 

@Jenny in Florida So sorry about your fall!! I hope you have a quick recovery. How is your new job going? 

We're back to sunny skies here, and the ice has all melted. I've been doing a lot of walking while the tennis club's power was out and it was closed. Happily, I can play some tennis this afternoon! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Post covid symptoms suck!

2 weeks post covid- so much fatigue by end of day, always out of breath, cannot exercise at all, anxiety, heart palpitation increased, hot & start sweating very easily… so annoying

pre Covid (round 2), I was taking dance classes 2 nights a week plus walking, yoga, and aqua fitness.

today I vacuumed a room and was drenched in sweat by the time I was done. (still winter here, not hot or anything) Just walking around my school building is exhausting during the day. And the sweating is disgusting.

My husband took my bike in for a tune up, now I’m worried I won’t be able to get back on anytime soon. I’m literally out of breath just sitting on the couch right now 😞

At least I’m on spring break this week with a stack of books, but usually we’d be planning our spring hikes.

• Sad 7

Lent is over. I did no sweets and managed to do a salad every day with no missed days. I wanted to lose about 3 pounds, and while I'm technically there, the last two were lost quite recently so not sure how long I'll be down here at the weight I was last fall. But I'll try. Dh has lost close to 15 pounds in 2023. We both agree it doesn't happen without eating less at our age. Exercise and healthy food choices aren't enough--we have to eat less. For me it feels like it takes weeks to just adjust to different eating patterns. Like the real benefit of eating differently over the almost 7 weeks of Lent is just the training to now be ready to eat less and eat healthy. I didn't even make a dessert for Easter--we're not missing it. But we do crave salad now and I'm making mid-week grocery trips to buy more lettuce. Bought some Friday and need to get more today after school.

Planning to get on the treadmill here. Will give dh 5 more minutes of sleep first.

• Like 6

My workouts have been pretty steady. I’ve been playing pickleball, walking, wearing my weighted vest, and doing my weights/resistance work. I’m trying to focus on the weights and my protein, hoping to build some muscle, or I guess not lose it at my age. 
Been wearing my CGM again, which keeps me a little more in line, and also shows me how much better it is if I move throughout the day, other than just one big workout. A short walk in the morning before breakfast gets my numbers in line, short walks after meals helps keep them steady, etc. I kind of got out of the habit of doing that. 
Still doing my daily pushups and Pilates rollups. Although now I’m substituting the beginnings of the Turkish get up for the roll ups a couple days a week. 

• Like 6

Getting in my daily dog walks, plus a longer walk yesterday afternoon with dd. Today I get to play some mixed doubles, and tomorrow, too! 

Dd and I walked 45 min to Grandma's for Easter dinner. I didn't overeat, but I did get seconds of the key lime pie. It was made with real limes!! ☺️

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Ali in OR said:

Lent is over. I did no sweets and managed to do a salad every day with no missed days. I wanted to lose about 3 pounds, and while I'm technically there, the last two were lost quite recently so not sure how long I'll be down here at the weight I was last fall. But I'll try. Dh has lost close to 15 pounds in 2023. We both agree it doesn't happen without eating less at our age. Exercise and healthy food choices aren't enough--we have to eat less. For me it feels like it takes weeks to just adjust to different eating patterns. Like the real benefit of eating differently over the almost 7 weeks of Lent is just the training to now be ready to eat less and eat healthy. I didn't even make a dessert for Easter--we're not missing it. But we do crave salad now and I'm making mid-week grocery trips to buy more lettuce. Bought some Friday and need to get more today after school.

Planning to get on the treadmill here. Will give dh 5 more minutes of sleep first.

Huzzah for changing habits and weight loss.

@Hilltopmom sorry you are still dealing with the post-Covid fatigue 😞

• Like 4