Menu

April Well-Trained Bodies

Ali in OR

36 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

They eat small, sweet, furry mammals like water rats and moles....

We think that the stoat used to go into our attic to chase mice.  Goodness it was noisy!  Ancient tiled roof that was hard to seal.

Well that would definitely explain why they were the villians! 😅 

• Like 1

Did a Fitbymik dumbbell workout. While I searched for "standing dumbbell workout", I managed to click on one that was not just standing, so I ended up on the floor again, no mat. Oh well. We have beautiful sunny days and warm temps--first truly warm days High of 77 today and 84 tomorrow.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2023 at 8:25 AM, Laura Corin said:

Lovely to hear the birds.  The trees here are at the stage of hazy, very young leaf growth, very bright green.  It's one of my favourite times of year.  It reminds me of this poem: https://poetryarchive.org/poem/trees/

On 4/26/2023 at 8:33 AM, wintermom said:

You have leaves on your trees!!  And no shoulder on that road. Is that typical in your area? We always have a gravel or paved shoulder (more rare) on our paved roads. It seems foreign to me to see the green grass go right up to the pavement. Strange how these little things stick out. 😉 

On 4/26/2023 at 8:57 AM, knitgrl said:

This road is pretty upscale because it has lines painted on it. 😄

You guys are cracking me up.

Highways around here generally don't have shoulders unless they are bigger- either numbered or interstate. I'm on a lettered hwy- off of a numbered road (of course interstates can't have roads directly off of them). It is a fairly rural area. I have neighbors on one side (with woods in between) but in the other direction- the way I walk and where the video is taken there are not any other houses for a mile. Now, there are some highways smaller still with no lines and then even smaller roads with gravel- so we're living fancy. I hate hate hate gravel roads! Our road is pretty decent. We get potholes in spots but it wasn't that long ago they came through and patched it. Usually, our traffic isn't very heavy.

It's funny because I just noticed last week that all the trees are green. It seems just a few days ago it was all starting to bud.

Edited by Soror
  • Like 3

On 4/26/2023 at 9:39 AM, wintermom said:

Congratulations!!! Is that it for year one, with another year to go, or have you finished the program?  I don't know how you managed to do full-time grad school, work full-time, and still have time to get in all your steps!  Very impressive!!  ☺️

I came into the program with a bunch of credits from the graduate certificate I completed a couple of years ago. So, I've taken two courses in each of the last two semesters and have one course plus either thesis or capstone project to go. It should take me another year-ish to finish up.

And thank you. Keep in mind that I'm an empty nester and don't have a lot of other responsibilities, so I have more free time on my hands.

• Like 4

Kind of a fly-by, but I wanted to make sure I check in for accountability.

After a good run of about two weeks, I missed my step count yesterday. I went to a movie with a friend and had intended to get in some walking before and/or after, but the weather was not cooperative. Otherwise, it's been a good several days in terms of exercise.

I'm taking the dog with me to a fundraising walk tomorrow morning. This is not a strenuous one, but it's a chance to be somewhere and walk somewhere different.

I'm also in the process of figuring out the logistics of selling off one or more of the bicycles we have lingering in the garage in order to defray the cost of and make room for an adult trike. I really want to be able to get outside and pedal, explore in a way other than walking, but I have had to admit that my inconsistent balance issues make traveling on two wheels a bad idea. 

We'll see how it goes.

Spring Start 2023 Challenge: 424.3 of 600K*
Activity Streak: 71

* For those who might notice the change: I increased my goal for the season because I was getting too close to the original 500 too quickly.

• Like 5

I lacked motivation yesterday. I didn't get any exercise done. I felt rather blah. I think just allergies acting up. 

Today I feel fine. I did an upper body strength workout this morning and a short walk. I'm hoping for another walk later.

• Like 4

Happy birthday @wintermom

Monday- dog walks and a long drive 

Tuesday - not much

wednesday - pickleball forever:) 

Thursday -more pickleball forever 🙂 

Friday- trainer and walked a couple miles. 

Still pretty consistent with my Pilates Rollups and my very assisted pushups. Not every day. But I haven’t skipped more than one day at a time. 

• Like 4

I made it to aqua fit all 3 times this week. Did some yoga but have been super tired and sore from I dunno, daily life, I guess. Maybe still post covid fatigue or 4th quarter of the school year craziness?!?

Planning a small hike tomorrow before working on a bathroom Reno.  Kids were supposed to go to my moms but of course one now running a fever! So we’ll see what we actually do.

@Jenny in Florida I’ve been eyeing trikes for about a year. I’d love a foldable Catrike but they are pricey!! I really need to test drive one to be sure before spending that much!

I got a used Elliptigo last year but it’s really hard for me to handle so I was going to sell it but now dh wants it so… I’m not going to get that garage space back, sigh.

I did spend some time this week researching bike trails we haven’t done yet within a few hours of us to try out this year. 

Edited by Hilltopmom
  • Like 5

I don't think I checked in yesterday. Did treadmill yesterday and yoga this morning. We have sun streaming in the window now and I think a gorgeous day ahead of us. Looks like clouds return tomorrow but no rain until Thursday or Friday. Perhaps spring is finally here.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2023 at 2:26 PM, wintermom said:

Tennis and dog walk coming up! I'm almost finished work - I'm bunking off a little early as it's my birfday. ☺️

Happy Belated birthday 🎉🎂🎉🎂 I hope you had a wonderful day 🥳🎂🎉💐🎈❤️🥳🎂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soror said:

Happy Belated birthday 🎉🎂🎉🎂 I hope you had a wonderful day 🥳🎂🎉💐🎈❤️🥳🎂

Thanks! I did. The dog walk was really nice and tennis was a lot of fun. My ds and I are doing a combined birthday dinner on Tuesday, when the Korean BBQ restaurant we want to go to opens up again. Yummy!! ☺️

• Like 2

I did some yard work and packing up boxes of things and delivered them to goodwill yesterday. It rained most of the day, and I missed out on the morning dog walk with dh as I was doing the donation organization.

I got in some really fun tennis this morning! I'm hoping the rain holds off so I can do some more yard work and possibly a dog walk.

• Like 3

Took the dog to the fundraising walk/event yesterday morning. It's a very short walk, not even 5K (probably about 2), but I took a quick walk before we left, then we had to walk from and to the parking area, plus wander around the vendor area, which, all told, added up to a decent amount of mileage/steps for the morning. I then wandered some more around Disney Springs with my husband after we went to a movie. There have been storms on and off all weekend, so I ended up pacing the living room last night to finish off my 15,000. 

I had grand plans of doing a solid strength and stretching session today, but ended up sleeping a little late, taking the dog to the park, finally getting around to potting the plants I bought last weekend, doing laundry and then working on cooking/prepping lunches for the week. So, here we are at nearly 4:00PM. I have a decent number of steps done, but no other exercise. 

At the moment, we have some high winds, but no precipitation. If the dry weather holds, I'll probably go another walk later to finish off my steps. Otherwise, it'll be the stationary bike and/or pacing the living room.

Spring Start 2023 Challenge: 435.1 of 600K
Activity Streak: 73

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

I’ve been mostly off the boards for a few weeks while vacationing. Tons and tons and tons of walking and stairs and hills. This weekend was particularly grueling with some hill walking over the last few days. I’m looking forward to being home and back in my regular routine. 

It all sounds awesome! I love walking. Hope you have really excellent foorwear and your body is holding up well. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1