Menu

Baby T might come home in a day or two!

Faith-manor

He has been in the NICU for 3 weeks and 3 days. He has been taking his entire feedings for the last 48 hours by bottle and nursing (he takes roughly an ounce, nursing with a shield and then the rest by bottle) so they are pulling his NG tube. They are testing him in his car seat today and as soon as he can pass that test, he can come home! Yesterday his 7 year old brother, N, went to the hospital and read books to him. It was so sweet! N also took his savings (about $30 ) to the hospital, unbeknownst to his parents, and tried to give it to the nurses as a thank you for taking such good care of his brother. Melted my heart!!! The nurses thanked him but said that he should take it home with him because they are well paid, and his thanks plus seeing T go home is all the gratitude they need. Dd cried. So precious.

Little T is soon coming home. Sigh. I think my worry level just dropped exponentially.

Edited by Faith-manor
  • Like 33

4 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

He has been in the NICU for 3 weeks and 3 days. He has been taking his entire feedings for the last 48 hours by bottle and nursing (he takes roughly an ounce, nursing with a shield and then the rest by bottle) so they are pulling his NG tube. They are testing him in his car seat today and as soon as he can pass that test, he can come home! Yesterday his 7 year old brother, N, went to the hospital and read books to him. It was so sweet! N also took his savings (about $30 ) to the hospital, unbeknownst to his parents, and tried to give it to the nurses as a thank you for taking such good care of his brother. Melted my heart!!! The nurses thanked him but said that he should take it home with him because they are well paid, and his thanks plus seeing T go home is all the gratitude they need. Dd cried. So precious.

Little T is soon coming home. Sigh. I think my worry level just dropped exponentially.

What the hell kind of hospital lets a child into a NICU during flu and RSV season?

jeez…between this and your other story, I’d never take my kids there

16 minutes ago, pinball said:

What the hell kind of hospital lets a child into a NICU during flu and RSV season?

jeez…between this and your other story, I’d never take my kids there

Gee thanks for the kind words of support when so was excited that my grandbaby was strong enough to come home. 🙄🙄🙄