Menu

Any audiobooks you’ve enjoyed recently?

madteaparty

3 hours ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I tried yesterday to get one to play without any luck. I haven't deep dived into figuring it out yet but the way I listen to books from Audible on Alexa definitely did not work.

I think you'd have to connect your phone to the alexa device, via bluetooth. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2023 at 1:45 PM, ktgrok said:

You can use Alexa as a bluetooth speaker, but Im not sure if you can then control it with your voice - I think so?

Yes, you can. 

If I just say, Alexa, open Audible, it opens something randomly (although once something is open, it seems to stick with it until finished). I know this because my sugar glider has an Echo Dot and sometimes I'm not particular about what she listens to at night 😅

To open a particular title, I say, Alexa, open The Perfect Swing on Audible. 

You have to say it in that order. If I say, Alexa, open Audible to The Perfect Swing, she gets very confused. 

• Like 1

I was having trouble having Alexa play a Kinde Unlimited audiobook. No matter the way I phrased it, nothing worked. She would start playing the same random book from my library. So, just now, I pulled up Audible on my phone, started the book there, and then stopped it. After that, I told Alexa to "play book" with no mention of the title and she played it. So weird. I guess that's just the way it's going to have to go for this particular book.

59 minutes ago, stephanier.1765 said:

I was having trouble having Alexa play a Kinde Unlimited audiobook. No matter the way I phrased it, nothing worked. She would start playing the same random book from my library. So, just now, I pulled up Audible on my phone, started the book there, and then stopped it. After that, I told Alexa to "play book" with no mention of the title and she played it. So weird. I guess that's just the way it's going to have to go for this particular book.

Kindle Unlimited audio has been a bit odd lately. I was having a HORRID time getting it to actually download the audio for a few weeks. I actually even ended up buying one in audible because I REALLY wanted to listen to the next book in a series while cleaning that day. I googled and at the time a lot of people were having the same issue.  during that same time period I had a few times where it wouldn't sync - so I'd listen, and then when I opened up the book to read it took me back to where I'd left off reading, instead of listening. 

it seems to have fixed itself, worst case I can close the book, then in my "library" page touch and hold the image of the cover and options pop up, one of which is "download audio". 

• Like 1

Aww thanks to this thread I just finished listening to

On 2/13/2023 at 1:08 PM, gingersmom said:

The Dutch House

On 2/14/2023 at 8:29 AM, madteaparty said:

I listened to this! So great (Tom Hanks!)❤️

and awwww, so great ( Tom Hanks )  ❤️

Thanks for the recommendation!

• Like 3

Rick Gualtieri's Tome of Bill and the other series in that universe. (Not for kids)

Dennis E Taylor's Bobiverse 

Adam Binder Series

Avatar: The Last Airbender: Avatar Kyoshi

Circle's in Hell

Fablehaven and Fablehaven: Dragonwatch

Anything by Rick Riordan

Hal Space Jock

Iron Druid

Keeper Chronicles

Keeper Orgins

Land of Ononokin

Platoon F