Menu

Horror story south of Tulsa

Scarlett

An update confirms it is the 4 missing men. Shot and partially dismembered. A witness says the 4 we’re planning to commit a crime. And they have a person of interest identified along with his make, model and tag of vehicle.  

Just sickening.

Edited by Scarlett
  • Sad 6

2 hours ago, Scarlett said:

An update confirms it is the 4 missing men. Shot and partially dismembered. A witness says the 4 we’re planning to commit a crime. And they have a person of interest identified along with his make, model and tag of vehicle.  

Just sickening.

Did it have to do with stealing catalytic converters?

1 hour ago, pinball said:

Did it have to do with stealing catalytic converters?

I have not heard that specifically but the guy they are searching for owns a salvage yard so it could be. They have found his car in a nearby town.  They think he is suicidal.  They think he acted alone. 

• Like 1

A KOTV reporter said the missing "person of interest," Joe Kennedy, is currently on a 10 year delayed sentence for a 2013 conviction for assault with a deadly weapon after he shot at several men (wounding one) that he claimed broke into his salvage yard. I was wondering why the victim of a crime who shot the criminals in self-defense would go to the trouble of dismembering and dumping the bodies instead of just calling the police, but maybe he thought this would reinstate the 10 yr sentence plus add another 10? 

I still think there may be more to it than just a few guys wanting to steal some scrap metal, because they apparently boasted to a 5th person, who declined an invitation to join them, that the robbery they planned was "big enough for all of them," which sounds more lucrative than grabbing some scrap and reselling it at another junk yard. Even catalytic converters are only worth a few hundred each, if that — and they were on bicycles so they'd have had to steal a truck at the same time in order to move them.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

I don’t know if this is true but I heard tonight they were pulling wagons on their bikes.  

That sounds so middle school.

So was it actually the scrapyard guy, or…. Vecna?

(this is awful, I really shouldn’t joke, it’s just so bizarre, like an episode of criminal minds)

Edited by Grace Hopper
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

So we had a guest for dinner Sunday night.  Longtime friend of Dh and his sister.  He is a lifelong resident of Okmulgee where these murder took place.  He said these four men on bikes were well known thieves and yes they pulled wagons around behind their bikes.  Our friend knows Joe very well.  He also said everyone knows not to mess with Joe Kennedy.

And the working theory is Joe was lying in wait for them.  Our friend knows Joe very well. Apparently everyone knows not to mess with Joe. 

Also I just read 3 family members filed a wrongful death suit against Joe and his wife.  

• Sad 2