Menu

Fauci (who after 2 boosters now has Covid) on Vaccine booster efficacy in children

Fritz

24 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Pot stirring

Echo chambering!

I'm assuming you have no interest in knowing if there are any studies to support boosters in children. 

Edited by Fritz
  • Like 2

Just now, Fritz said:

I'm assuming you have no interest in knowing if there are in studies to support boosters in children. 

There are threads on this board with actual scientific studies on the pros and cons of boosters in children. 

Your very loaded biased title for this thread is pot stirring. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Fritz said:

I'm assuming you have no interest in knowing if there are any studies to support boosters in children. 

I spend what is almost certainly more time than most people reading actual studies and looking at what actual current data and outcomes in children are. I don’t get my info from Facebook posts or political websites or conspiracy theory sites. I have children to make decisions for and know from the data that their risk of a bad outcome is higher if they are not vaccinated. My preference is to keep them from getting Covid entirely due to the risk of long Covid and the added concern that we may be starting to see damage to their immune systems from previous Covid infections (MIS-C for sure, and now possibly hepatitis as well). I know that with Covid running rampant everywhere though, the chances of them never encountering it has become very small so you bet I’m going to do what I can to reduce the risk of bad outcomes. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

I have a 3 year old child born with a large heart defect. My concern is avoiding heart failure for her & liver failure for her and every other child. I am not concerned with any opinion of Rand Paul, who I lost all respect for more than a decade ago. 

Right now I’m really glad we didn’t decide to move back to Florida since their governor has decided that even high risk young children are not allowed to be vaccinated there. I didn’t think he could lower the bar more, but he has. 

Also unless something changed I’m pretty sure stated board policy is pro-vaccine. So you might want to take this elsewhere. 

• Like 8

I hope Dr. Fauci makes a quick and complete recovery, and that he doesn't get any serious symptoms.

Whether or not people like him, he has dedicated his life to his work, and despite being high risk, he didn't retire during this Covid situation to keep himself safer, when he was already well past standard retirement age. He took a lot of personal risks to continue his work, and I respect him greatly for that. Do I agree with him on everything? No, I don't. But I feel like he has done his best with Covid, and he has also done very impressive work over the years. 

• Like 24

12 minutes ago, Katy said:

Right now I’m really glad we didn’t decide to move back to Florida since their governor has decided that even high risk young children are not allowed to be vaccinated there. I didn’t think he could lower the bar more, but he has. 

I'm sorry, I have completely stopped watching the news because reasons. There are states not allowing people to get a vaccine that has been approved by the FDA?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm sorry, I have completely stopped watching the news because reasons. There are states not allowing people to get a vaccine that has been approved by the FDA?

Florida has decided not to order any of the vaccines for young children, which will make it much harder for parents to source vaccines.  Some pharmacies order vaccines directly, bypassing the state, but they only vaccinate children 3 and up.  Florida has also recommended against vaccines for healthy kids five and up.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, Katy said:

I have a 3 year old child born with a large heart defect. My concern is avoiding heart failure for her & liver failure for her and every other child. I am not concerned with any opinion of Rand Paul, who I lost all respect for more than a decade ago. 

Also unless something changed I’m pretty sure stated board policy is pro-vaccine. So you might want to take this elsewhere. 

I'm not a fan of our governor AT ALL (and am working for one of his opponents in the coming election) but I have to correct this. He didn't decide they're not allowed to be vaccinated. He decided the state won't order vaccines. Your doctor or even hospital can however, order and vaccinate children under 5. We're excited because our 3yo granddaughter with Down Syndrome can finally get vaccinated. We're worried about her heart too if she got Covid.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Florida has decided not to order any of the vaccines for young children, which will make it much harder for parents to source vaccines.  Some pharmacies order vaccines directly, bypassing the state, but they only vaccinate children 3 and up.  Florida has also recommended against vaccines for healthy kids five and up.  

Doctors and hospitals can however, vaccinate children under three. Ddil is a nurse and is already checking with their pedi as well as which hospitals will vaccinate the three year old.

• Like 1