Menu

Our neighborhood ninja is back!

Terabith

*checks forum guidelines*
Yup, this is the kind of post that requires pictures. It's in the super teeny print in forum guidelines. You reaaaaalllllly have to squint to find it, but it's there.

Also, how often does he walk? Is it purposeful (as in, picking children up from camp)? Do other ninjas ever join him? Questions, I have them.

My neighborhood doesn't offer anything this interesting. We are the young family around here. There is another family with almost adult kids, but everyone else is older. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, barnwife said:

*checks forum guidelines*
Yup, this is the kind of post that requires pictures. It's in the super teeny print in forum guidelines. You reaaaaalllllly have to squint to find it, but it's there.

Also, how often does he walk? Is it purposeful (as in, picking children up from camp)? Do other ninjas ever join him? Questions, I have them.

My neighborhood doesn't offer anything this interesting. We are the young family around here. There is another family with almost adult kids, but everyone else is older. 

In the summer, he walks pretty much all day every day.  

Neighborhood is kind of a stretch.  It's the main street that's just outside of our neighborhood.  So, like, not my block, but like a five minute walk from my block?  

I am not sure that it is purposeful walking, but I'm not entirely sure that it's not.  I actually think he might be homeless?  Today he had a wagon with stuff in it that he dragged behind him with the other hand, but that's new.  In previous years, he had a backpack.  For a long time, I assumed he was an Appalachian Trail hiker, since we have an entrance just off that road, but then my kids pointed out that he couldn't be an AT hiker since he's always walking up and down the road.  

He has amazing arms though.  

• Like 2

In my pocket of our city, we have The Pumpkin Man. He walks the streets pushing a wagon of pumpkins.

He's been doing this for a very very long time. I've been seeing him regularly for 15+ yrs.

No idea where he sources his pumpkins, or where he's taking them, but he moves very purposefully. And goodness, he must be in great shape. A wagon of pumpkins up and down hills!

Everyone knows of The Pumpkin Man.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

In my pocket of our city, we have The Pumpkin Man. He walks the streets pushing a wagon of pumpkins.

He's been doing this for a very very long time. I've been seeing him regularly for 15+ yrs.

No idea where he sources his pumpkins, or where he's taking them, but he moves very purposefully. And goodness, he must be in great shape. A wagon of pumpkins up and down hills!

Everyone knows of The Pumpkin Man.

Impossible to read this without humming Muffin Man for the rest of the morning!!

• Like 1

We used to see a Samurai in Sedona. Black Samurai outfit, sword on his back. We’d see him everywhere, just all the time, he seemed to pop up.

He lived at a campground, or so the local lore about him said. 

But, you know, Sedona …

• Like 1