Menu

Well-trained bodies - May

Laura Corin

Pj sun salutations first thing.  Nice walk round the village at lunchtime,  just appreciating the front gardens in springtime.

After work I did a yoga session in the garden under the apple trees in bloom. Quite idyllic.

I'm hoping to take an electric bike ride tomorrow. 

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 3

15,437 steps + more garden cleanup

Walked to the farm market this morning for eggs and spinach seedlings, might have accidentally also bought a blueberry pie. 😬. Cut out old raspberry canes and cleaned out several beds; tomorrow I need to tackle the hydrangeas.

I saw my first hummingbirds of the season today! I’m very excited, they are my favorite birds (woodpeckers are a very close second) and we get so few that it’s just a thrill. I bought a hanging fuchsia in hopes of attracting a few more. 

• Like 4

Just caught up on the May thread. I did not check in this week as I did almost no exercise.

We found out last Saturday that our regular caregiver had been out because she had Covid. Dh made the decision to allow her back in on Monday after her 5 days were over and she was feeling better (don't know if she ever retested). So I spent another week doing dd's early morning care so that I would be the one in her face doing teeth brushing and meds. We had the windows open all week and the caregiver wore an N95. So far we're all fine. But my middle dd texted us midweek that she had finally tested positive (she's in college in CA). She's quarantined in a different dorm, had a few days of low fever and cold symptoms, but yesterday she said she had no symptoms at all. Earliest she can get out of "Covid jail" as they call it is Tuesday; her honors thesis presentation is Wednesday, so I hope she tests negative.

Anyway, life is still pretty stressful here. Hoping once again to get back to a regular exercise routine this week after 3 weeks off. Did yoga today. My weight is still in the lower Lenten range which is nice. Work stress is still ridiculous. 6 more weeks of school.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Crazy week, and thank God it's over. No sleep all week to speak of and plenty of stress. Spent yesterday all day in the car through heavy rain and construction, ugh. I literally feel beat up today and am taking a mental health day for myself. One bright spot was seeing ds--I stopped at his uni on the way home to fill my car with his things. I've taken a few walks this week, but after my really long walk on Tuesday my exercise was pretty minimal. I am really, really glad to be home and to know that I am not going anywhere for a while. 

I went this morning to gyrotonics. I felt again that it is really weird exercise!, but I suspect this will be really good for my creaky body and especially for my spine. I am looking forward to doing this regularly. It's nice to have something new to figure out. I also set up some accountability for getting to the gym this week, and I scheduled a phone walk with a friend for Wednesday. 

• Like 5

My electric biking didn't happen today. I slept so poorly that I didn't think it was responsible to drive over to pick up a bike. Hoping for good sleep tonight, and I'll try again tomorrow. 

Today - I think I did pj sun salutations but I'm not entirely sure. I  know that I took two walks.  Otherwise I just spent the day catching up on chores - tidying the house, laundry, mending a fabric hanging, participating online in a health study for someone's PhD project. Just lots of things I have been putting off, so getting them done felt good.

• Like 5

It was an accidentally lazy day here. I woke up with the best of intentions but in the end didn’t do much by way of exercise (only two walks) nor house or garden stuff. It was cold and I just wasn’t feeling it.

Tomorrow is another day! 

• Like 5

Results for the week, I think it went well considering everything we did!  

Goal was 10K steps for 5 days.  I got 3 days, and one day was 9,700, so very close and I was hurting too much to go those last 300 steps.  We were traveling 2 days and I was busy with errands a third day.  Considering my back injury,  this was very good.  I can only walk about 2K at a time, then have to rest.  

Eating goal was to be conscious of what I am eating.   I asked you all for advice while traveling and I think I did really good!  We stopped at Panera about noon and ate half a sandwich.   Stopped to walk about 3, and ate the second half as a snack.  Dinner I shared a burger with DH from Texas Roadhouse- he ate all the fries.   The second day I ate a McMuffin for breakfast, 5 Guys for lunch, and homemade stew for dinner.  Overall I feel like calories in and calories out were pretty good.  Over the week I've said no to baked goods, extra pizza, and lots of chocolate! 

New Goals for this week:

10K steps 5 days- I can do it 🏃‍♀️

Be conscious of my food intake

Increase length of time/steps I'm walking and walking speed.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, BusyMom5 said:

@MEmama  How do you get so many steps in every day?  I find it hard to take many walks bc I still have little kids.  I end up just walking my driveway over and over!  When I'm teaching, I am busy for several hours of the day.  

I have the luxury of no kids at home and nothing else I really need to do— I am seriously impressed by everyone here who can prioritize themselves while also raising kids and/or working full time. I also have extra motivation right now since I’m still in recovery and feeling better than I have in years.

• Like 5

I did a ton of work on the pond and waterfall. I'm ready to install the underlay and rubber lining, and I'll also need to ensure the pump and bins will fit in the pond. I couldn't make the pond any deeper than about 2 feet deep, as I hit a huge piece of solid rock. Pick ax wasn't going to do a thing. That's the problem with living on the Canadian Shield, which is a giant band of rock. The bonus is that there is plenty of free rock around for the waterfall, but I may need to build up the sides of the pond to ensure it's deep enough. 

My body is aching and very sore, as I shifted over 45 cubic feet of dirt and rock in one day with a shovel and pick ax. Dd helped a lot as well, thank goodness. 

I went to watch my sons play a basketball game in the afternoon to provide some support. After the game I went for my first bike ride this year. I'd hoped to get in a kayak paddle, but there was no time. 

Hope everyone had a nice mother's day! 

• Like 5

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

I went for a long, challenging hike with ds and dh--two hours with lots of hills and a gorgeous waterfall in the middle. I am tired now and glad for the long, sustained effort. 

Tomorrow I am planning to go grocery shopping and then head to the gym (masked).

• Like 4

11,865 steps Sunday.

Went to a nearby Audubon area yesterday afternoon. Not much birding (though the wild turkeys were loud!) but it was peaceful and nice to get some in hiking.

I hit a wall of fatigue when we got home and promptly fell asleep. It doesn’t happen every day anymore, thankfully, but it’s hard to predict. I guess it’s a reminder than I’m still healing, even though I feel fine.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MEmama said:

11,865 steps Sunday.

Went to a nearby Audubon area yesterday afternoon. Not much birding (though the wild turkeys were loud!) but it was peaceful and nice to get some in hiking.

I hit a wall of fatigue when we got home and promptly fell asleep. It doesn’t happen every day anymore, thankfully, but it’s hard to predict. I guess it’s a reminder than I’m still healing, even though I feel fine.

It sounds like a great day - natural environment followed by a nap. Well done! 😁

What is unique about Audubon areas? I googled it, as I saw the same word in the zoo thread. According to google, Audubon was a naturalist, and there are specific areas related to conservation funded by the National Audubon Society.

• Like 2

Yesterday I finished preping the ground for the pondless waterfall installation. Now I have to order the parts, or see if they are in stock, and install. I'm pumped (to install the pump)! 🤣 I want to complete the project before it rains and messes up the dirt. I may have to cover the area with a tarp if we do get rain, but the forecast is looking good.

Other than that, I'll try to get in some walking. I'm going to see a production at the community theatre tonight. A tennis buddy is performing in it. It's called, Savannah Sipping Society. I really hope that they don't try to do any Georgian accents. 🤪

• Like 5

I'm about to get on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Hoping for a normal week of exercise after 3 weeks of not. In fact, hoping to achieve a better life/work balance this week. I told dh I want to be done with school and on the sofa reading the last half hour of my day (9:00-9:30)--we'll see if I can achieve that.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Ali in OR said:

I'm about to get on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Hoping for a normal week of exercise after 3 weeks of not. In fact, hoping to achieve a better life/work balance this week. I told dh I want to be done with school and on the sofa reading the last half hour of my day (9:00-9:30)--we'll see if I can achieve that.

I hope you get that as well. You deserve a break, a big one.

24 minutes ago, wintermom said:

Yesterday I finished preping the ground for the pondless waterfall installation. Now I have to order the parts, or see if they are in stock, and install. I'm pumped (to install the pump)! 🤣 I want to complete the project before it rains and messes up the dirt. I may have to cover the area with a tarp if we do get rain, but the forecast is looking good.

Other than that, I'll try to get in some walking. I'm going to see a production at the community theatre tonight. A tennis buddy is performing in it. It's called, Savannah Sipping Society. I really hope that they don't try to do any Georgian accents. 🤪

I feel for you on the digging, that is hard, hard work. We live less than a mile from a gravel quarry when we dig it is always lots of lots of rocks, even with a tractor it is nearly impossible. I bet your upper body is going to be so sore. You'll have to share pics when you finish it sounds beautiful. And I'm lol'ing at the Canadians doing Southern accents, that would be entertaining.

2 hours ago, MEmama said:

11,865 steps Sunday.

The body is an enigma at times. It's wonderful that those bad times are fewer and fewer these days.

11 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

I went for a long, challenging hike with ds and dh--two hours with lots of hills and a gorgeous waterfall in the middle. I am tired now and glad for the long, sustained effort. 

Tomorrow I am planning to go grocery shopping and then head to the gym (masked).

Glad to hear you got some time to yourself. You didn't take us any pictures?

20 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Spring cleaning all day. Never did go for that bike ride but feeling satisfied anyway. I did pj sun salutations first thing and am about to walk the dog.

Do you own an e-bike or are you renting one? 

22 hours ago, BusyMom5 said:

Results for the week, I think it went well considering everything we did!  

Goal was 10K steps for 5 days.  I got 3 days, and one day was 9,700, so very close and I was hurting too much to go those last 300 steps.  We were traveling 2 days and I was busy with errands a third day.  Considering my back injury,  this was very good.  I can only walk about 2K at a time, then have to rest.  

Eating goal was to be conscious of what I am eating.   I asked you all for advice while traveling and I think I did really good!  We stopped at Panera about noon and ate half a sandwich.   Stopped to walk about 3, and ate the second half as a snack.  Dinner I shared a burger with DH from Texas Roadhouse- he ate all the fries.   The second day I ate a McMuffin for breakfast, 5 Guys for lunch, and homemade stew for dinner.  Overall I feel like calories in and calories out were pretty good.  Over the week I've said no to baked goods, extra pizza, and lots of chocolate! 

New Goals for this week:

10K steps 5 days- I can do it 🏃‍♀️

Be conscious of my food intake

Increase length of time/steps I'm walking and walking speed.

Sounds like a great week, even more so considering the busyness. Hope the injury is improving.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last week was better than the previous week (had to be right?). My energy is not great right now my adrenals are shot from the stress and cortisol has tanked. And I was so busy Friday and Saturday. Yesterday was a much better day I felt just icky in the morning (not enough sleep and too much stress) but was better around lunch time. Dh and I walked about 2 miles at lunch and I got in a 3 mile walk with the girls in the evening. 

This week will hopefully be better still. We don't have much going on and I think we've figured out a schedule for dd1 (although that will be taking more time out of my day to be coming and getting her for half days). 

Last week I hit at least 10k 4 days-- then 1 day of 2.5k, another of 4.5k and 6.5k. I got in 5 sessions of strength training at 40 minutes each.

Hoping I don't have any days where I crash this week (mentally or physically).

Today-- short walk this am (around 1 miles) and getting ready to do 40 minutes legs-- taking the girls out of town and will be doing some sort of activity 

My hip started bothering me Saturday (hurting when I walk but I know I need to walk and not sit). It is not too bad this am but still feeling it I might be doing all of strength this am with bodyweight, we'll see.

Edited by Soror
  • Like 6

@Harriet Vane I love that waterfall photo!! I'd love a waterfall like that in my backyard, but I'll settle for a mini version. 😉 

@Soror Glad this week was better than last. Stress really takes a physical toll on the body. I hope you recover both physically and mentally soon.  And you're absolutely right about my upper body being sore. I've been popping NSAID and trying to stretch. 

I just found out that I'll have to dig the basin of the pond bigger, but not deeper, so all is looking good for my project!! I'm trying to psych myself up to do more digging, but I think I'll wait until I hear when the parts are expected to arrive. In the meantime, I'll be on the look out for more large rocks.

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Soror said:

Do you own an e-bike or are you renting one?

My employer has them for staff to commute or get around between locations.  They are available at weekends too.  All for free - a nice perk.

Rainy day and it was old dog's short walk day (we alternate longer and minimal walks with her).  So: short walk with dog in the rain.  Then I came home and did a very gentle 15 minutes on the rowing machine.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, wintermom said:

It sounds like a great day - natural environment followed by a nap. Well done! 😁

What is unique about Audubon areas? I googled it, as I saw the same word in the zoo thread. According to google, Audubon was a naturalist, and there are specific areas related to conservation funded by the National Audubon Society.

Yep, exactly. They preserve important birding habitats, and study ecological effects on populations, migration, etc.

I can’t find locations in Ontario but they seem to do studies and bird counts in the province. https://www.audubon.org/news/the-118th-cbc-ontario

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, MEmama said:

Yep, exactly. They preserve important birding habitats, and study ecological effects on populations, migration, etc.

I can’t find locations in Ontario but they seem to do studies and bird counts in the province. https://www.audubon.org/news/the-118th-cbc-ontario

Thanks! I'll keep these places in mind the next time I'm in the US. I remember driving past the Montezuma Audubon Center last weekend on the way to Rochester. Next time I'll stop to hike instead of shop at the outlet mall. 😉 

• Like 5

Got in just 10k steps. I was on the road 3 hrs and busy with paperwork in the morning so not a bad day.

Today-- upper body strength + walk 

I have so much I need to do outside and inside not sure which I'll tackle today.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Soror said:

Got in just 10k steps. I was on the road 3 hrs and busy with paperwork in the morning so not a bad day.

Today-- upper body strength + walk 

I have so much I need to do outside and inside not sure which I'll tackle today.

I read this as you just got in 10,000 steps— idk where you live but on the east coast it’s not even 8 am and I was like damn that’s impressive! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MEmama said:

I read this as you just got in 10,000 steps— idk where you live but on the east coast it’s not even 8 am and I was like damn that’s impressive! 🤣

LOL after the fact I thought that read as today but didn't bother to change it--- I meant for yesterday. I posted at 6ish am my time so and haven't done much of anything so far!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bodyweight circuit x2 and Wake Up Yoga which is a nice little session for just 11 minutes long. I'll be feeling the lunges later but it feels good to be back in a routine. And I shut the computer at 9:01 last night and read for an hour.

• Like 4

The play last evening was so-so. The actresses used fake accents, so that was slightly annoying. The desscription of the play was 'hilarious' sit-com style action that was not hilariously written at all. I left during the intermission. My friend was good, but the play itself was not my cup of tea.

My heals hurt walking home from the play. The skin is cracked and bleeding. It's a painful, but effective, distraction from my sore upper-body muscles. 

My waterfall has hit a bump with available supplies. I could pay more and have everything now, or search around, make many phone calls, drive around, and possibly get everything cheaper. It won't be as fast or easy, though. I'm not sure what to do. What would you do or what have you done in similar situations?

ETA: After a little searching online and a couple phone calls, I've found another kits that may even be better than the first one, and it's also cheaper! I'll also get to do another roadtrip into NY. I just wish I'd known about this kit on my weekend in NY so that I wouldn't have to pay duty. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Hi all.

It's been kind of a gross couple of weeks, emotionally and physically, and I had to withdraw in order to cope. (That "dreading Mother's Day" thread kind of wrecked me, honestly.) Then I took a fall while cleaning the house, which didn't seem like a big deal at the time but apparently knocked something loose, because I woke up last Monday with vertigo and nausea so intense that I had to crawl around the house for two days. My husband is still out of town, so my son came over the first day to take care of the pets and collect my prescriptions and make sure I was set up to cope until things resolved. It was ugly, and I wasn't really steady enough to drive or feel comfortable going anywhere more ambitious than around the block until Thursday. 

Then I still had to get through Mother's Day. 

But today I decided I was ready to wade back in here.

Spending two days on the couch in a medicated haze/crawling to and from the bathroom obviously broke my exercise streak. I finally got back to my 15,000-step daily goal on Saturday and more or less resumed the regular daily routine as of yesterday. This morning, I walked about 4.3K, did a 20-minute seated upper body workout video and spent about 10 minutes on the stationary bike. (I've been feeling guilty about seeing it sit there unused. I got on it a couple of times when I didn't feel steady enough to go walking outside and remembered that I like it. So, trying to get better at hopping on at least a few times a week.) I'll walk again this evening, as usual, to finish off the steps/mileage for the day.

Spring Start Challenge: 393.8 of 500K
Walking Streak: 8 days

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, Jenny in Florida said:

Hi all.

It's been kind of a gross couple of weeks, emotionally and physically, and I had to withdraw in order to cope. (That "dreading Mother's Day" thread kind of wrecked me, honestly.) Then I took a fall while cleaning the house, which didn't seem like a big deal at the time but apparently knocked something loose, because I woke up last Monday with vertigo and nausea so intense that I had to crawl around the house for two days. My husband is still out of town, so my son came over the first day to take care of the pets and collect my prescriptions and make sure I was set up to cope until things resolved. It was ugly, and I wasn't really steady enough to drive or feel comfortable going anywhere more ambitious than around the block until Thursday. 

Spending two days on the couch in a medicated haze/crawling to and from the bathroom obviously broke my exercise streak. I finally got back to my 15,000-step daily goal on Saturday and more or less resumed the regular daily routine as of yesterday. This morning, I walked about 4.3K, did a 20-minute seated upper body workout video and spent about 10 minutes on the stationary bike. (I've been feeling guilty about seeing it sit there unused. I got on it a couple of times when I didn't feel steady enough to go walking outside and remembered that I like it. So, trying to get better at hopping on at least a few times a week.) I'll walk again this evening, as usual, to finish off the steps/mileage for the day.

Yikes, that sounds scary. Did you need to see a doctor? I’m glad your son is close enough by that he could check in on you. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jenny in Florida said:

Hi all.

Jenny, I'm so sorry it's been so rough.

Honestly, I wonder if you need to be checked for a stroke?

• Like 1

Just now, MEmama said:

Yikes, that sounds scary. Did you need to see a doctor? I’m glad your son is close enough by that he could check in on you. 

I did a telehealth appointment with my primary care doctor. For context: I had a bad bout of something similar a year or two ago that required a couple of rides in the Epley chair to resolve. So, it didn't come completely out of nowhere, but it was disheartening.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, Jenny in Florida said:

I did a telehealth appointment with my primary care doctor. For context: I had a bad bout of something similar a year or two ago that required a couple of rides in the Epley chair to resolve. So, it didn't come completely out of nowhere, but it was disheartening.

This IS disheartening. I am glad you spoke with your doctor, and I'm sorry you have been suffering. It sounds miserable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jenny in Florida said:

No kidding it's disheartning. I'm so sorry. Glad to hear that your ds was there to help, and that you are doing a little better now. Enjoy your walking. It must feel fantastic to NOT have nausia anymore. 

• Like 1

I'm so restless lately. I can't focus on work very well, or perhaps the work I'm supposed to do it not that fun and I'm trying to avoid it. 😉 

Anyhow, I did some more weeding and placed some landscaping fabric down near the pond/waterfall area. I'm picking up the waterfall kit on Saturday, So I want to have some things lin place before then. 

I'd also like to go fo a walk and/or bike ride later today.

• Like 5

@Jenny in Florida I'm sorry things have been rough.

I had a nightmare last night then couldn't get back to sleep. My fancy new Bose white noise sleep buds should arrive in a few days.

I gave up and took a walk from 6 to 7, went to the office on the wrong day by accident, ate solidly through the day but had a good nap, cleaned out the fridge and had a good yoga session.

A mixed old day but better by the end.

• Like 5

14,447 steps + 30 minutes rowing

I'm working on proper breath when I row and it’s making a big difference in efficiency and muscle use. I can physically feel the difference in my ab muscles when I get the timing just right—it’s been an exciting discovery, even if it might be obvious to everyone else lol. 

It also helps slow me down a bit, which I find is always best in order to maintain optimal form. Last week I took my anger out in an intense rowing session but ended up straining my knees because I was focused on intensity; slowing down gives me the opportunity to mentally check in and make sure I’m keeping them soft.

There’s so much emphasis placed on speed/distance/weight/whatever at the expense of good form. I learned that initially at a boot camp class years ago where I injured my hip doing something I had no business doing but did anyway because it was the expectation. For whatever reason, I still have to relearn the lesson every now and again. 

Edited by MEmama
  • Like 5

@Jenny in Florida I'm so happy to hear from you I was really starting to worry. I'm sorry you fell and are having a rough time. It completely stinks. Thank goodness your son could come help. 

@MEmama ITA. It is easy to do too much.

-----------

Got another short walk this afternoon would have done a bit more but it was 92 and humid. Blech. I got some outside work in the morning before it got too hot. I'm aiming to get some outside work in the mornings. I've got so much work I need to do, inside and out.

• Like 5

1.5 hrs of planting flowers/plants done already this morning

Getting ready to do 40 min glute workout--- then will be heading back out to do the push-mowing  before it gets too hot (would have already done it but it was too wet). 

Did not do a walk this morning since I was planting, might try for a small walk this evening if I'm not too tired, lots and lots to do.

I did some stress eating last night. I got so much to do and paperwork that is stressing me out. My dinner was gf cheesecake and a chicken leg... In my defense, I wanted gf cheesecake for Mother's Day but they didn't have any. I also ate too many chocolates. However, the rest of the day was fine (although a bit light on food which made me hungry and more inclined for stress eating).

• Like 6

Very slow start to the day. I forgot to take my 'sleeping aides' until about 1am when I couldn't sleep and remembered that I'd forgotten them. Sadly, I had all kinds of energy (at least mentally) at 1am, and maybe should have gotten up to do some work. 🤪

I'm going to try and pace myself physically today, as I'm playing tennis at 9pm. I usually go to bed around then. Gettin' old. 😅

• Like 4

Thanks for the concern and the welcome back, everyone.

Walked about 3.6K last night to finish off the day's step count. 

Walked 4.1K this morning, then did a full set of floor-based strength and stretching out on the screened patio.

It's a sunny, but breezy and cool, morning here, which makes it very attractive to be outside. Unfortunately, since I do have to do some actual work, the best I can do for the next several hours is to open my office window a crack. (Any wider, and I risk the cat going through the screen.) 

Not sure how I'll get the rest of the steps/mileage in today, since I am scheduled to go see the encore of the Metropolitan Opera's Turandot broadcast with a friend this evening. It is kind of nostalgic for us, because our sons were in the children's chorus of our local opera company's production a dozen or so years ago. I'm looking forward to getting out in the world, but a full-length opera does rather eat into one's potential evening walk time.

Spring Start Challenge: 401.5 of 500K
Walking Streak: 9 days

Edited by Jenny in Florida
  • Like 6

Speaking of old, the knee is tweaking again. I thought maybe it was better but there were definitely some moves in Cardio Core Flow this morning that made it hurt. And stayed up grading too late. And chatting to dh about why was this test so hard for my Alg 1 classes? Exponents and radicals used to go pretty well--no equations. But they have no number sense and don't know times tables. Finding the square root of 81 is not supposed to be hard. And you have a calculator. Sigh.

• Like 5

I had 8 hours sleep last night.  Hooray!  I feel as if I have a deficit though - I need good nights for some time to be straight.  Anyway, better than I was.

I was still up fairly early and did an abbreviated yoga session, until the builders arrived to work next door and I was still in my PJs fully visible to them as they passed to and fro.  Oops. 

At lunchtime I walked some errands in town, taking it briskly between shops.  I plan on some rowing after work.  Sunny, cool weather after yesterday's rain.

• Like 6

I got some productive work in, and then the heat and noise from construction kicked in and I took the puppy for his first swim and kayak ride. It was really fun. He did a fantastic job! He was completely fine with his lifejacket, and walked in the water with me but didn't care for it too much. Then I put him in the kayak with me and we went for a paddle. He did really well sitting between my legs, watching the geese and ducks, and didn't make any attempts to abandon ship. I didn't paddle for very long, as I wanted to keep the entire experience positive for everyone. 😃 

No photos were taken as I was by myself and didn't want to risk dropping the camera in the river. There are some limits to my risk-taking adventures. 😉 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1