Menu

Look what crawled out of our carrot patch …

Ann.without.an.e

He crawled out of a hole when we were pulling up some carrots today. Don’t worry, we tucked him back into the little hole in our carrot patch, snug next to his siblings and covered it with some grass. I’m sure mama will come back later and feed them all 😊. Then he can grow up big and strong and eat all of our our lettuces 😜

0BBF39C7-5844-4DAE-9268-E56A0D69ED93.jpeg.e1a86ad532b02c45c49c0e8ff541d57d.jpeg

Edited by Ann.without.an.e
  • Like 36
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Aww I love baby bunnies.  We had a nest right out our back door last summer and I got a great video of a momma nursing SO many babies, so cute.  It's hard not to be peeking all the time when you know you have a nest!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Annie G said:

So cute! Hope you still find them cute when your lettuces are being devoured.

This is so funny!  I just put lettuce seeds down today.  I don't even care when the bunnies go nibbling in there, it is still cute!  It's fenced but they're wily.  We had a nest in our fenced raised bed gardens a couple summers ago.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, catz said:

This is so funny!  I just put lettuce seeds down today.  I don't even care when the bunnies go nibbling in there, it is still cute!  It's fenced but they're wily.  We had a nest in our fenced raised bed gardens a couple summers ago.  

I know what you mean. I don’t mind when animals forage in things I plant- I mean, the outside is their domain and they surely don’t understand anything other than, “Look! Food!”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, catz said:

I was really surprised to find this nest inside our large greenhouse, which is inside our garden fence. Not many things can get to the bunnies there so this mama was pretty smart 😊. She must’ve tucked up under the side where it’s loose. 

• Like 1

Friends of ours had a nest of bunnies settle into their raised-bed garden. The family grew up hardy and strong and DID NOT EAT A SINGLE LEAF from their garden!! It's like mama didn't want to eat the shelter around them, so she ate elsewhere and, when the babies were big enough, I guess she showed them somewhere else to get their food. It was so surprising. They sent us pictures updating as the babies grew (just taking pictures into their little den).

• Like 2