Menu

ASD Club?

KSera

16 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

If you want support group type things - aspergers experts has a forum for parents.  It's founded by, and run by - aspies.

Thanks. That’s true, I could look on other sites. I meant on the social groups here on WTM. Seems like something there might be one for. 

Before the most recent board format change, there was a social group. I'm not aware of it being active since then. I wonder how much interest there would be in a new one.

ETA that at the moment my interest is in the older teen/young adult/launching-or-not issues. Anyone else?

Edited by Innisfree

1 minute ago, East Coast Sue said:

I’d be up for that (my ds is 16, almost 17).
I seem to have a hard time finding a group on here once I’ve joined. Anyone have advice on how to find them? I access through my phone if that matters. 

Once I get to a group page I bookmark it, both on my laptop and on my phone. I've never had much luck accessing groups from the main forum page.

• Thanks 1

Maybe something like “Parents of young adults on the spectrum”? (I almost said “Parenting” but I don’t want to get into that debate again 😉.) I do think the issues with young adults and launch (or lack of launch) are distinctly different from the kinds of issues parents are dealing with with younger kids on the spectrum, so a group with that focus would be useful. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Innisfree said:

Before the most recent board format change, there was a social group. I'm not aware of it being active since then. I wonder how much interest there would be in a new one.

ETA that at the moment my interest is in the older teen/young adult/launching-or-not issues. Anyone else?

That is a group I would like to be apart of. 

15 minutes ago, KSera said:

I could see about setting one up if no one else wants to. I haven't done it before.

Okay, I started one. I set it up as a closed club, so PM me if you would like to be invited (or maybe that's only required with private? It may be you can just request to join, but if you can't find it, I can invite you).

• Like 2