Menu

Why do you lay awake at night? It's almost midnight edition...

Sneezyone

My child was at a "birthday party" and the 18yo driver wanted to "socialize" more. I threatened to call an Uber or leave the house in my mumu to retrieve my child so she would be curfew compliant. The driver agreed to return my child. Lessons have been learned. Discussions will be had.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 9

• Sneezyone changed the title to Why do you lay awake at night? It's almost midnight edition...

It was meltdown day here, I finally took a shower and exchanged a rumpled mumu for a clean one. Well ok they were just nightgowns but I’m gonna claim mu to the second power because I’ll need it in the morning. 

Just a whole pot of smallish stressors reached the boiling point, finally got my tearful teen to sleep. 

• Sad 7

The threat of the mumu reminds of when Ree's mom knocked on the window of Marlboro Man's truck when Ree and MM were um, "talking," in Marlboro Man's truck in the driveway:

"Worse--it was my mother. And she was wearing her gray cashmere robe."

*From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

Edited by Harriet Vane
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

LOL I need a mumu to threaten my kids with.  (Though the threat of me showing up in just my long johns and t-shirt seems to be working so far.)

I have to chuckle at "it's almost midnight."  If I'm ever in bed before midnight, it's because I'm sick or pulled an all-nighter the previous night.  😛

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sneezyone said:

My child was at a "birthday party" and the 18yo driver wanted to "socialize" more. I threatened to call an Uber or leave the house in my mumu to retrieve my child so she would be curfew compliant. The driver agreed to return my child. Lessons have been learned. Discussions will be had.

Did you have curlers in your hair? That would’ve put it over the top!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1