Menu

SpyCar, we have not seen any updates on your new kitty in awhile

Terabith

31 minutes ago, happi duck said:

I usually love shoveling snow but today was brutal.  I was longing for a flame thrower!

Hope Spy Car checks in!

My physicist husband says flame throwers do not work for thawing snow.  I don't really understand the logic, but he's adamant that they are a) ineffective, and b) dangerous when utilized for snow removal purposes.  

• Like 2

Oh man, things could not be working out better.

We are all in love with Desmond. He's brought a lot of joy into our home.

I'm especially happy that Desmond seems to have a special bond with Mrs Spy Car. After a rough day at work he provides just the tonic she needs to unwind. What is it about kitty purring that evokes such power? Magical stuff.

He is a really cool cat. Just naughty enough to be interesting and extremely affectionate and clearly content (except when meals are late, LOL).

He definitely seems to like my "cooking." LOL.

Back in October, when he first came to own us, he was still recovering from surgery (he'd been run over by a car and had a broken bone that was pinned), but the rescues and vets did an amazing job getting him care. Still, he was a little bit limpy. We didn't care, we were taking him as he was. But time, activity, and good nutrition have worked wonders. He can now leap to tabletop levels with no problem (countertops are not in his range). 

And it is working out as well as I could have hoped with the dog. He and Chester are not grooming each other (yet) so no YouTube-type videos of dog/cat love to offer, but their relationship is easy. 

I'm so glad that we did this. 

Bill

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, happi duck said:

These are the same markings our dear sweet kitty that we lost in 2018 had.  Definitely gives the vibe of wildcat!

Sorry for your loss. It is hard.

I've seen photos of many mackerel tabbies who very strongly resemble Desmond, I've been surprised to the degree there is a type.

We often joke that while he may be "common," that his look is like that of an erotic wildcat. I like that.

And his behaviors have just the right balance of (mostly) domestic aspects, with that bit of the wild that keeps him interesting. 

Cats are fascinating.

Bill

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kalmia said:

Really? Maybe exotic...

That's what I am hoping...

Desmond and Chester are both beautiful!

Feline paralysis is the real deal. There are laws that should not be broken, now If Only I could get my bladder to follow the law! I've learned to make a pit stop before I sit, whether I need to or not. 

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, fraidycat said:

That's what I am hoping...

Desmond and Chester are both beautiful!

Feline paralysis is the real deal. There are laws that should not be broken, now If Only I could get my bladder to follow the law! I've learned to make a pit stop before I sit, whether I need to or not. 

Although we are complete neophytes (well, not Mrs Spy Car, she had cats as a girl) we were almost instantly trained by Desmond that a cat in the lap means one is not to move.

Good humans!

Bill

• Like 2