Menu

The I'm Not Motivated Teachers Lounge 1-19-2022

scrapbookbuzz

Hey, all! Did you miss me? 😉 

I missed YOU! But it took my head a LONG while to get out of the fog and remember that! 
Sorry for my extended absence but glad to be back! 

What's everyone up to these days?

Here: switching curriculum mid-year and hoping to graduate my final homeschool student sometime this fall. WOW!

What's the weather like where you are?

Here: Chilly, for us. Mostly in the 50s/60s. I live in a desert so that is chilly or cold depending on who you are.

Any major changes in your life within the last 12 months?

Here: my early 20s daughter obtained her first official part-time job and I went back to full-time work. Thankfully,
my job offered a 2nd shift option, so that works out well (mostly) with homeschooling.

Talk to me! 👂

• Like 3

Hi!!!!

I was literally thinking about you two days ago and how I missed your threads. I'm so glad to see you back! Congratulations to you and your dd! 

I'll answer both the first and last question in one.    We sold our house in June to move closer to my dad and family. We couldn't close on our new home until August, so dh and I spent 6 weeks on the road visiting family, friends, and sightseeing. We covered 3600 miles and 8 states. It was our 30th anniversary, so it was perfect timing! Our youngest ds graduated in May and started at our alma mater in August. He spent the summer living with my best friend's family and working. He is loving college and had a girlfriend within two weeks. We love her. She is so sweet and serious about her faith. We are within 50 minutes of our dd, ds's school, and my dad. It's great, but we miss our friends. I'm working from home teaching homeschool kids (mostly math).

It's sunny today and in the 60s. Colder is coming back soon. 

So, so good to hear from you!

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 1

Glad to see you again! You've been missed. Congratulations on your job!

I'm generally pretty unmotivated at the moment. Fortunately I'm not teaching anymore, so I don't have to burden my dc with my lack of energy. I'm working full-time and my dc are either at university or building high school - and all enjoying their current experiences.

Weather is pretty bad. Very cold, huge dump of snow, so outdoor activities like hiking, skiing and skating are challenging. Snowshoeing would be good, but I haven't the energy to do that yet. I got Covid along with my whole family 3 weeks ago and I'm still feeling some lagging symptoms.

Major life change: Graduated from my gradulate diploma program and got a job in the exact field. I'm really enjoying the job. It does cut into my physical activity time, though. 😉 

• Like 1

Welcome back!

It's cold and rainy and dreary here.  That's pretty much the usual for this time of year here.  The fog looks pretty against the mountains and everything is bright green now that we are in our rainy season, but I am ready for spring.

The feeling unmotivated title called out to me--I have the winter blahs as I usually do this time of year. I'm contemplating having Youngest and I have a change of pace for February.  I think we could both use a bit more time with art and hands on work.