Menu

Tackling Monday Together!

TravelingChris

Howdie, happy Monday!

I was up almost all night doing trainings.  It was hard!  You have to keep watching the screens for silent pop-ups that you have to click to say you're still listening.  Who knew how hard it is to sit and stare?  I had to take a break/nap in the middle.

I have a lot of things due this morning that I thought I'd finish over the weekend.  Ugh!  I also still have 25 more hours of training to finish this week, in between all the other things.

My kid begged off school, but she doesn't have a fever, so I'm calling it a mental health day.  She is therefore on pup duty all day.

Done:

• About 7 hours of CLE/CPE credits.
  • Kid1 to school.
  • Called Kid2 in "sick."
  • Caught up on emails, news, calendar, social media, and electronic school stuff.

To do:

• Lots of client work!
  • Laundry.
  • Get the pup weighed at the vet & buy his flea/tick and worm preventatives.
  • Try to finish a ton more training.
  • Exercise.
  • Reading.
  • Cleaning.
  • Make a list of to-do's for this final week before travel/Christmas.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 7

Good morning!

Dh is off to work with his breakfast and lunch. It's my last week of classes before a holiday break. I'm looking forward to it. 

I've had one Zoom session already. 

• devotion and write scripture
  • medicine
  • coffee 
  • meals
  • 4 Zoom sessions 
  • work more on my Christmas list
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 5

Good morning!

I need to:

....coffee
....finish Grandma's quilt (the top, and hopefully at least get pinned ready to start quilting, if not actually start)
....remember to call tonight to check on Jury Duty
....remember to find the paper I'm supposed to take when I go in (well, will need that to call....)
....possibly go meet with a student's mom to drop off a thing
....possibly go to fencing tonight with DH
....figure out meals for the week
.....work on laundry
.....anything I'm forgetting

• Like 6

Good morning! I am frazzled and really need Christmas break to be more of a break than it will actually be. 

Boy is at school and I’m headed to work.

Tutor 5 students and log sessions.

Get a tri-fold display board.

Pick up Ds.

Make sure Ds finishes school work before bball practice!

Dinner is? 

Make appts! 

Make lists!

• Like 6

The student's mom cancelled, and let me off the hook entirely, so yay! (it was to take her a replacement craft, b/c her daughter broke hers after getting home......)

Started laundry

Finished all the pieces for the quilt top, taking a mini-break for some food and then will go put the top together

• Like 6

Good morning, all!  Prayers appreciated for my mom today.  We spent all of yesterday in ER, has been moved to ICU.  

To do:

• Drive to hospital, 1 1/2 hours each way and we have a huge storm coming in the next 2 days.  
  • wait for surgical team consult
  • visit with my mom
  • figure out my final exams because my sub has generously offered to take the entire week for me.  I just need a plan...much different when I'm not there.  We were doing a Socratic seminar...not sure what to do.  
  • pick up a few things at market on way home

Have a great day!  Thinking of all of you recovering from the storm damage, prayers.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, readinmom said:

Good morning, all!  Prayers appreciated for my mom today.  We spent all of yesterday in ER, has been moved to ICU.  

To do:

• Drive to hospital, 1 1/2 hours each way and we have a huge storm coming in the next 2 days.  
  • wait for surgical team consult
  • visit with my mom
  • figure out my final exams because my sub has generously offered to take the entire week for me.  I just need a plan...much different when I'm not there.  We were doing a Socratic seminar...not sure what to do.  
  • pick up a few things at market on way home

Have a great day!  Thinking of all of you recovering from the storm damage, prayers.  

Praying for your mom!!!!

• Like 4

Ok.. I would really like to do nothing. But anyway. Not a choice. So far:

• Quiet time
  • Studied for my exam. Doing pretty well I can go through Acts by memory and say what happened and when. Know dates of all the books. Know all of the purpose statements and outlines for all of Paul's letters. Just need to brush up on verses from all of those books that I am supposed to know by memory. Too old for this.
  • Walked 3 1/2 miles with hubby
  • Dropped off the last of the Advent videos at church
  • Finished 4 loads of laundry
  • Cleaned the kids bathroom
  • Talked to my daughter on the phone who is having a rough day
  • Texted my sister about mom as they went to an appointment today to find out progress
  • Did November budget on Mint and printed
  • Went over will stuff with hubby as we are going to go sign it tomorrow
  • Ate lunch
  • Studied for my exam again
  • Straightened up living room and Playroom
  • Unloaded and loaded the dishwasher
  • Labeled the 2 batches of jam we made this weekend and put away
  • Fold some of the laundry in my room
  • Wrote a cheery end of the year letter for our non-profit
  • Continue to study for exam. I want to take it in the early am and be done with the semester. So done. 
  • Put up the Christmas decorations in my room

Still need to do:

• I think I want to take a bath.
  • Change sheets and make bed in oldest's room
  • Work on receipts and cleaning off the formal dining room
  •  
Edited by TexasProud
  • Like 6

@readinmom, praying for your mom and you! That's a long way to drive with storms coming. 

I'm sorry for all those stressed and frazzled!! Praying for better days ahead!

Classes are done. 

Breakfast and lunch done. 

Devotion and scripture done.

Ordered on gift online that should come by Wednesday. Fingers crossed! 

Tried making some egg custard mix I ordered. My grandmother used to the make the Jello brand egg custard and everyone loved it. I have 4 of the dessert dishes she would put it in. I want to surprise my sisters with it at our Christmas gathering this Saturday. Dh and ds are going to be my testers since I can't really eat the dairy. I have 2 different kinds, so hopefully one of them will be good. 

• Like 6

@readinmomHope your Mom is getting the care she needs. Take care of yourself too.

Completed 2 meetings this am

Its warm 40 today so spent a lot of time outside.  
I am scheduled to get my Covid booster tomorrow, feeling nervous since had reactions to the 2nd shot. 

I need to wrap presents.

Continue with ongoing declutter projects.

• Like 6

@readinmomprayers for you and your mom 

Went to the college bookstore and rerented my book. Got crappy service, they took the white guy in front of me even though he cut in front of me in line. I don't know why they couldn't do it over the phone they told me I had to come in. 

Went to Tuesday morning, I spent 3 hours there, and I bought for all of my "daughters", my DD's best friends. Also picked up some more stuff for my family, including new towels and bedroom sheets for me and DH. I did awesome on my niece and her husband's gift! Then went to the booze store to finish off the gifts. Also got gifts for granddaughters other grandma and her daughter. 

Still need to put up the tree and go through DHS office closet and pull out all the Christmas ornaments. Hoping everyone wants Chipotle Monday. 

• Like 5

@MooCow, I'm sorry about the crappy service at the bookstore. 😞 That makes me sad for you. 

@readinmom, praying for your mom; I hope things work out. 

I finished quilting the center section of the quilt, which has me in good shape for finishing this week and able to deliver to my Grandma before she leaves for Christmas. Yay! 

Called and do have to show up at least for the jury summons; we'll see if I get picked to stay. 

Cooking dinner, then going to fencing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MooCow said:

@readinmomprayers for you and your mom 

Went to the college bookstore and rerented my book. Got crappy service, they took the white guy in front of me even though he cut in front of me in line. I don't know why they couldn't do it over the phone they told me I had to come in. 

UGGH.  I am so sorry. Not cool at all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gave up and came home, but home is tense and I'd really rather not be here. 

One of the reasons I hate winter is that there is nowhere to go in the evening if I want to be away from home. Really don't have any interest in hanging out at Starbucks or anywhere inside. In summertime, I can go to the pool, any of a multitude of parks, even church (I have a key.) On a cold, dark winter night, none of those work. 

Otoh, my wifi here works. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Thanks y'all, I'd normally say something, but it just wasn't worth my time.

Almost done wrapping the new gifts. 

Almost time for our walk. 

We decided we'd do the tree tomorrow, plus I'll have time to go through DHS office closet.

My DD is going to wrap the two wine glasses I got that say best grandma ever LOL from my granddaughter. 

@ScoutTN I'm sorry. That's why I hide in my closet/ office/ granddaughter's "room". I tell everyone don't come in, I'm wrapping. Or leave me alone it's my time, especially since I rarely get a walk alone anymore. 

Edited by MooCow
  • Like 4

Tutoring done and sessions logged. Only 3 sessions left this week, then it's Christmas Break!

Made appt for my covid booster Friday late morning. Nothing on my calendar for the rest of that day or the first half of Saturday, so hopefully any reaction will be limited to that time frame. I felt like I had the flu with the second shot, but only for about 12 hours. 

Made appt for Ds to get a covid test bc of an exposure at school. Hoping the booster for his age group will be approved soon! He has no symptoms.

Reminded Ds to do some work on his project. It is not his best work, for sure. A lick and a promise is his standard for schoolwork, sadly. Someday, he might work hard at something and actually use that good brain for some real accomplishment. In the meantime.... 

Y'all who pray, please pray that Ds will actually go to camp the week after Christmas. I desperately need the break from him and he will have a blast. Camp - what's not to like?! Hikes, polar bear swimming contest, singing, games, cabin mates and friends, cool counselors, junk food mom would never buy, etc. 

Dh wants to have a serious conversation tonight that I am way too tired for. Going to smile and nod and go with it, keeping my thoughts to myself this time, to keep it short. We disagree. I prevailed last time we talked about this, but my way of handling things has not been particularly successful, so it's great for him to take it on now. I may be wrong and would be happy to see success/improvement. 

Next up:
proofread a paper and write some corrections/suggestions
dinner/snack
clothes out for tomorrow
jammies, book, podcast

Tomorrow will be an early day and a busy one! 

'

• Like 4

@history-fan, praying you don't have any bad reactions to your booster! 

@ScoutTN, praying for your booster, ds' Covid test, and he'll go to camp. I'm sorry things are tense and you don't have a good place to go. 

@MooCow, I'm sorry you were treated poorly! 

Finished dinner

Got the boys to start putting together my IKEA furniture piece. It's going in my breakfast nook area. We don't want another table there because we have 2 bar height chairs at the kitchen counter we can use for eating. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Praying everyone getting their boosters don't have any bad reactions! 

Prayers @ScoutTN that D's goes to camp. 

Wrapped everything even what I passed off to dd. Well except for my gifts that I bought for myself. 

dh and I walked. Nibbling on my dinner. 

Wondering why when others cook they don't clean up their mess, even if they shared it. 

Hoping for alone time soon. 

• Like 4

I don't know how to describe this!  My mom is doing 100%  better than they projected.  We were told if we hadn't brought her in when we did, she would not have made it.  When I got there today, she was in the highest level of care, three nurses on call for care.  Not only has she done a remarkable turnaround, they may cancel surgery until a later date, giving her time to recover and repair.  After yesterday, I don't know how anyone could have survived what she went through.  The lady next to us in the ER had an emotional breakdown, couldn't handle listening to what they were doing to my mom.  She begged to leave...    I am so proud of my mom.  She is a rockstar. Not one negative word out of her mouth the entire time.  

Google rectal prolapse...that alone should make you shudder.

Thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts.  It is so appreciated.  

• Like 4

@readinmom, what wonderful news! I'm so sorry that your mom had to go through so much. 

Ds didn't like the egg custard, but he's not big on things like eggnog, either. Dh tried it, and he said it is very close to what my grandmother used to make. I'm so excited to have it for my family.  I bought this brand . You have to sweeten it yourself, and I added more sugar than it calls for. I should have measured it, but I didn't. I think I'll try it with almond milk and alternative sweeteners, too. 

I've been texting a bit with ds's girlfriend. I'm excited that she wants to be in communication with me! 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, readinmom said:

Amy, congrats! She sounds like a real keeper!  I wish my boys would find someone like this.  🙃

She seems like it so far! 

I loved ds's first girlfriend, too, but I had a relationship with her before they started dating. Her father was our children's pastor. He passed away at 47 from a heart attack. They were originally from Colorado, and her mom wanted to move back there six months after he passed away. They had a long distance relationship for over a year. But it was just too hard being that far apart. 

He has a good track record for liking sweet girls who aren't superficial.  

• Like 1