Menu

update on my sister

ktgrok

She's still struggling. She worked a bit this week, but the brain fog made her feel it was pointless. She just can't think, concentrate, etc. Plus mood swings, aphasia, ataxia, etc still. But, we may have a direction to go in for treatment! her neuro did a TON of labwork - 15 vials of it. And found that although her serum B12 is normal, several other tests she ran point to low B12. Google is saying that the serum level can be falsely high if there are certain antibodies, etc. And there are a lot of similarities with low B12 and her symptoms, so she's hoping to start on B12 injections and see if that helps. I'm praying it does. (and I'm going to have my doctor run those other tests the next time I have lab work - due to my surgery as well as the heartburn meds I take I am supposed to be at risk of low B12, but they only check the serum levels.)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 11

16 hours ago, itsheresomewhere said:

Low B-12 can really play with the body and mind.  I hope she responds as well as my BF did.  It took a few weeks but she was night and day compared to when she began them.  

Agreed. Being a vegan, taking B-12 is vital to my health care. If I take no other supplement in a day, I take that b-12, otherwise not good things happen.

• Like 1