Menu

Soft cotton napkins?

mmasc

Does anyone have a recommendation (and a link!) for soft, 100% cotton napkins? 

I have a couple of linen ones that aren’t favorites, some 100% cotton ones that have been washed a thousand times and still aren’t soft, and some nice soft cotton ones that are from Marshall’s last year (so no hope of getting more). 

Thanks!

Edited by mmasc
Typo
  • Like 1

I'd love some recommendations also. The ones I have are probably 20 years old and from Pier 1 (does Pier 1 even exist anymore?). I haven't been able to find any online with decent reviews. We use them every day so they need to be durable. Nothing that can wrinkle like linen. 

• Like 1

I have some plaid ones from Kohl's that are 67% cotton 37% poly. They are very soft and feel like cotton. (I hate 100% poly ones.) Bought them new at a garage sale and unfortunately they are no longer on the Kohl's site. It does look like Kohl's has a large selection of cloth napkins.

My other favorites I found used at garage sales.

• Like 2

I've been happy with cotton napkins bought at Cost Plus/World Market. Their  inexpensive "cotton buffet napkins" come in a pack of 6; I find they are soft enough but they don't stay square after several washings, if that is important. To me, they are good everyday napkins. They have others that are not as inexpensive and are nicer. I try to fold them as soon as they come out of the dryer, and smooth them out as I fold, then stack them to have ready to put on the table. They seem fine for everyday use. 

ETA: My daughter informed me that our napkins are not soft. My husband said that the reason they are not soft is because of our very hard water. Make of all that what you will. 😄

Edited by marbel
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, CTVKath said:

Do you have a sewing machine? Quilter's cotton makes awesome, soft napkins.

I don’t, and wouldn’t know what to do with one if I did!😬🤣

But, maybe someone on Etsy makes soft quilters cotton napkins?? I’ll check!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, marbel said:

I've been happy with cotton napkins bought at Cost Plus/World Market. Their  inexpensive "cotton buffet napkins" come in a pack of 6; I find they are soft enough but they don't stay square after several washings, if that is important. To me, they are good everyday napkins. They have others that are not as inexpensive and are nicer. I try to fold them as soon as they come out of the dryer, and smooth them out as I fold, then stack them to have ready to put on the table. They seem fine for everyday use. 

ETA: My daughter informed me that our napkins are not soft. My husband said that the reason they are not soft is because of our very hard water. Make of all that what you will. 😄

Sounds like my house!😂 but I can easily check World Market since I have one close. I hadn’t thought of looking there. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, mmasc said:

Sounds like my house!😂 but I can easily check World Market since I have one close. I hadn’t thought of looking there. Thanks!

There aren't any near me. If you find some that are soft, can you let me know? I might be able to buy some online. 

ETA: Nevermind. I looked at reviews online and people said you have to iron them. That's a hard pass from me. LOL. I hadn't thought of checking Etsy. I might look there.

Edited by cintinative
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cintinative said:

There aren't any near me. If you find some that are soft, can you let me know? I might be able to buy some online. 

Definitely! I’m also checking this out right now as a possibility. They claim to be that quilters cotton that @CTVKath mentioned. I also love the colors/patterns!

• Like 1

@Faith-manormy linen are 17.5 and even though that’s standard, feel just a bit too big for me. My well-used cotton ones are 16x17 (shrinkage surely) and feel much better, even though it’s not much of a difference. So yeah, I’d say my sweet spot would be between 14-16 square. 

eta: just checked my napkins for Christmas table use only. They’re 20x20, which is lovely with my table decor at Christmas, but definitely too big for everyday 

Edited by mmasc
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, mmasc said:

@Faith-manormy linen are 17.5 and even though that’s standard, feel just a bit too big for me. My well-used cotton ones are 16x17 (shrinkage surely) and feel much better, even though it’s not much of a difference. So yeah, I’d say my sweet spot would be between 14-16 square. 

eta: just checked my napkins for Christmas table use only. They’re 20x20, which is lovely with my table decor at Christmas, but definitely too big for everyday 

Thanks. I was thinking about doing 14 or 15. I am trying to figure out what seems right for everyday. 

I sell on Etsy and make soft, 100% napkins. The photo is an example of some Christmas ones I have. I can work with you on what color/patterns you would like, and also what size. These have mitered corners and they stay square (approx 16" square). I use them myself and mine have lasted for years. They are also something that I've made for so many gifts. They are $25 for 4 and free shipping. I don't currently have any listed in my shop, but that means you can pick from a range of fabrics!

red trucks.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, mum said:

I sell on Etsy and make soft, 100% napkins. The photo is an example of some Christmas ones I have. I can work with you on what color/patterns you would like, and also what size. These have mitered corners and they stay square (approx 16" square). I use them myself and mine have lasted for years. They are also something that I've made for so many gifts. They are $25 for 4 and free shipping. I don't currently have any listed in my shop, but that means you can pick from a range of fabrics!

red trucks.JPG

Those are lovely! Can you link your shop?

• Like 1

My favorite, softest napkins are the ones I made out of some discount fat quarters I found at Tuesday morning. I’m pretty sure they were meant to go in a soft baby quilt. I love them and reach for them first. My daughter says they’re too soft and she feels like she’s wiping her face with pajamas. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, mmasc said:

From another thread ~

On 11/12/2020 at 5:22 PM, mum said:

I'd love you to check out my Etsy shop with lots of unique gifts. I make them all by hand.

Etsy.com/shop/fabricspeaks

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mmasc said:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/fabricspeaks

There are no napkins listed at the moment, but feel free to message me and I can give you some fabric options! I can have them made within a couple of days. They also make great gifts, and Christmas is coming....🙂

Edited by mum
incorrect link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1