Menu

Solved: Let's Play Name That Business!

Slache

The business is home inspections and due to legal reasons we have to follow the name with "Professional Home Inspections" or "Professional Home Inspector" on paperwork, so the name should be short. We had originally planned on "Matt Lubbe, Professional Home Inspector," but no one seems to use their name around here.

He thinks he wants something like location + business, so "San Antonio Inspections". Location could be San Antonio, Lone Star, Texas, Alamo City. I don't love the location idea, but what else would you put? I though a virtue, like assertive, patient or honest, but none sound good.

Halp.

Update: I think we've got it. It's simple, pretty and clear. I will share it when we have it all bought and paid for. We even have a web address picked out that's not taken. I need more money!

I think he's wrong about needing Professional Home Inspection/Inspector on it. I'm so confused. He's talking to the teacher tomorrow.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

Just now, SKL said:

Accurate professional home inspection detail or APHID for short ....

Professional home inspection doesn't have to be in the name, it has to be after the name. So with this as an idea the name would just be accurate, and the rest would be included in paperwork only. Or the paperwork would say Accurate Professional Home Inspection Detail, Professional Home Inspections.

Do you have any unique geographical features that you can play off of? 

Maybe search for a history, folklore, or other unique names in the area. Look for things that instill confidence and have a easy icon to use. like Arrow Home Inspections (I would keep home in the title to make it clear). As a contrast I wouldn't use "Wild River Bend Home Inspections" because it gives an uneasy visual that doesn't instill confidence. One big detail to not overlook, is to make sure the spelling is simple so anyone Searching doesn't end up at the wrong person's site/phone number. 

Link to a random website that has symbols of strength. (This site has other imagery as well, so maybe you will find something here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you go with a location-based name, I'd pick Alamo City or something like it, because it starts with A and would be at the top of an alphabetical list when people do searches.

Alamo Home Services or Alamo Inspections?

If you use his name, I think I would use the last name only, instead of first and last. I think it's fine to use the name, even if no one else does so around there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, fraidycat said:

Precision Peering, Professional Home Inspections.

Edit: His marketing, of course, should be spelled properly, unlike my post! 😂

To me.....that sounds like a professional peeping tom style inspection company. LOL

Kind of  like.....the home owner won't know we are there doing an inspection, we will just peer in here, and peer in there......just don't mind the footprints in the flower beds.  HAHAH

Edited by Tap
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tap said:

giphy.gif

To me.....that sounds like a professional peeping tom style inspection company. LOL

Kind of  like.....the home owner won't know we are there doing an inspection, we will just peer in here, and peer in there......just don't mind the footprints in the flower beds.  HAHAH

Precision Peeping works, too. 😁

• Haha 1

I think we've got it. It's simple, pretty and clear. I will share it when we have it all bought and paid for. We even have a web address picked out that's not taken. I need more money!

I think he's wrong about needing Professional Home Inspection/Inspector on it. I'm so confused. He's talking to the teacher tomorrow.

• Slache changed the title to Solved: Let's Play Name That Business!

I just looked up my neighbor's appraisal business. According to online info, she's been appraising for 9 years in the same geographical area you're looking at. Her business name is followed by LLC, but doesn't have "Professional Home Inspector" after it. I wish your husband much luck as he ventures into this. It has worked very well for my neighbor.

• Thanks 1