Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

6 hours ago, Katy said:

I googled this. It appears true, the initial study was done to determine gluten contamination in GF items. This was a subsequent finding. 

IMG_3356.jpeg

Well, sh*t.  Glad I've been buying the Barilla chickpea pasta instead, but wonder if it's actually any better... and what about my hummus?? 😱

3 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

Well, sh*t.  Glad I've been buying the Barilla chickpea pasta instead, but wonder if it's actually any better... and what about my hummus?? 😱

Glyphosate is sprayed on many crops at the end of growth to dry them off. We try to reduce by buying organic grains and pulses when we can.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Glyphosate is sprayed on many crops at the end of growth to dry them off. We try to reduce by buying organic grains and pulses when we can.

I knew to avoid non-organic soybeans, and I do buy mostly organic stuff generally, but the chickpea pasta, even at Whole Foods (they sell Banza there) isn't organic.

I thought glyphosate was a weed-killer so could only be used heavily on GMO "round-up ready" crops...  Whole Foods supposedly doesn't sell GMO.   I didn't know about the "drying" at end of growth.   WTH. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Terabith said:

IMG_5637.jpeg

I think a lot of boys & men have face blindness. When I was in 6th or 7th grade I had subscriptions to all the teen magazines (Teen, 17, Sassy, etc). One of them did an article on the best makeup to wear to meet your boyfriend’s mom. All of the boys reportedly liked the girl with the natural, your face but better makeup without eyeliner that moms always prefer unless you’re at a pageant. None of them realized it was the same model. 

And frankly I’ve had that myself. When I was a teen and had a tan and swapped glasses for contacts I’ve had men who I’d spoken to almost every week for two years not recognize me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_5636.jpeg

I love bats! When I lived in the UK, we had a 100 yr old farmhouse with a big attic that was home to a maternity colony of little pipistrelle bats. I once found a little pip in the yard with it's ears torn up, probably by a cat, so I called the bat rescue folks and they said to see if it would drink a little water, keep it warm in a shoebox overnight, and bring it in in the morning, but sadly it didn't make it through the night. Bat fur is the softest fur I've ever felt in my life, which surprised me! One really cool thing about bats is that bat mothers will leave their babies together in a little bat nursery, that they take turns supervising, so everyone gets a chance to go eat.

• Like 5