Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

IMG_3468.jpeg

I think either they don't understand what average actually means or they are vastly overestimate most people's skills or the are averaging in fictional people.

Total number of cancer cures / Total number of people = Average doesn't get you very far

Same with communicating with aliens and flying:
Successful number of attempts / Total number of people = I'm already average at these!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_3469.jpeg

Kind of accurate. Though yesterday when I saw that private who crossed into North Korea, I assume thinking he as an uneducated kid could solve the crisis, I did think, “The self-esteem movement has gone too far.”

ETA: I was totally wrong. Apparently he assaulted another service member and defected to avoid getting kicked out of the military 

Edited by Katy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Katy said:

Kind of accurate. Though yesterday when I saw that private who crossed into North Korea, I assume thinking he as an uneducated kid could solve the crisis, I did think, “The self-esteem movement has gone too far.”

When you say "the crisis" do you mean North Korea, or his imminent military discipline? Asking in sincerity since I have not followed the story in any depth.

18 minutes ago, Miss Tick said:

When you say "the crisis" do you mean North Korea, or his imminent military discipline? Asking in sincerity since I have not followed the story in any depth.

North Korea. It’s not full crisis but it’s more aggressive than typical. Though frankly my opinion is based on a handful of WP articles and ABC News, so it may not be as dire as their tone. As far as I can tell it’s just military posturing. 

• Thanks 1