Menu

Daily Movement - Thursday, January 14

purpleowl

• Walked 4.4 Winter Warmup kilometers.
  • Did my daily PT exercises.
  • Did about 12 minutes of arm work before more or less collapsing into my desk chair.

I need another 2,500-ish steps to meet my daily minimum. And, of course, I need to log some miles towards the Year of the Ox challenge. So I'll be heading out for a second walk later.

• Like 4

I rode bikes with the kids - pulling the 3 yr old in the trailer. We rode for maybe 15 minutes, I fogot to tell my watch to log it until part way in. My watch recorded a 10 minute workout, my average heartrate was 152 BPM, and yet it only counted 2 minutes toward my exercise goal! My husband has the same issue with biking - it is supposed to use your heart rate and count anything equal to a "brisk walk" but obviously it is not. Usually anything over about 115 BPM it will count as exercise but with biking...it just doesn't. Going to start hitting "other" instead of biking, as that will count minute for minute. And if I'm huffing and puffing and my quads are sore afterward, it should count!

Going to do a DDPY class later, either at 6pm or 9pm, so I'll get enough minutes to close my exercise ring (30 minutes), but still!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, purpleowl said:

I walked 2.2 miles and did arm work.

Also: it's my birthday today. 😊

Happy Birthday!

This morning I did 30 minutes on my exercise bike and arm work pilates followed by a stretch pilates session. It felt good to get it all done early today (very rare for me). 

• Like 4