Menu

Daily Movement - Tuesday, January 5

purpleowl

7 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

I am SO jealous! I miss the beach so much. I grew up on the coast, and hate being inland! I used to walk on the beach every evening. 

We are in St. Augustine right now (doing outdoor things). It's so, so nice. 😊 I should be able to walk on the beach tomorrow morning as well before we head home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purpleowl said:

I did 2.2 miles along the beach. So lovely! 

PXL_20210105_141228907.MP.jpg

That beach is so nice and walkable .  Lake Michigan beaches by us (when not covered in snow and ice) are loose sand and at a fairly steep angle to the water so much harder to walk long distances on.

So, did a bit more biking, and then a "hip and knee warm up" type DDPY video and the Red Hot Core DDPY video (both are short - around 10 minutes each). I was still missing 4 exercise minutes to "close my ring" on my apple watch (my slow biking didn't count, lol) so I did a 5 minute Richard Simmons video after the yoga. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I did 15 minutes Tai Chi/15 minutes Yoga this morning.  Then I spent 5 1/2 hours on my feet teaching classes and got over 7,000 steps.  I was going to do a one mile walking video but I'm beat. 

Do you use a particular program or videos or somthing for the Tai Chi? I've always wanted to try it 🙂

7 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Do you use a particular program or videos or somthing for the Tai Chi? I've always wanted to try it 🙂

The Great Courses Plus has a course called Tai Chi for Aging with Strength and Tranquility.   So far I've only been doing the first "lecture" Tai Chi in Paradise.  I like it because they don't talk to much or stop everything to demonstrate every move.  Tai Chi is slow and easy enough that stopping completely to talk for 5 minutes about it before doing it is unnecessary.  I hate videos that talk too much and this one is good.   After the first few times doing it, I turn off the sound and do it to my own music.  

• Like 5

I ended up with a good day.   I did 45 minutes if PT.....so likely 30 minutes of actually me exercising.

Then I came home and did 25 minutes of incline walking, some slower, steeper with a pack, some less steep and faster with no pack and then backwards steeper but slower and no pack.

Then a 45 minute outdoor walk with the neighbor.... slower stroll as she is recovering from a medical issue and we had her 3 little kids along .

Finally ended my day with over an hour outside.....and a nice 3 mile walk at dusk with a friend.

Made good progress on my miles and hours outside (my PT and treadmill don't count as they were inside)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Started the day with a 4.4K Winter Warmup challenge walk, then did my daily PT exercises and about 15 minutes of strength work for my arms.

I closed out the evening with another walk, 2.7 miles towards my Year of the Ox challenge. It's not enough to get me on track to complete the 202.1 miles by the end of February, especially since I didn't get the second walk in yesterday, but it's a start.

• Like 4