Menu

That Michael’s art tote

Hilltopmom

@ktgrok

I love the Michael’s tote! It’s gotten too cold to work at the kitchen table now (poorly insulated addition) so we’ve been doing school on the living room couch. We also are taking a curriculum break so it’s perfect for the smaller odds and ends things we are using instead- Bob books, wipe off board and markers, flash cards, deck of cards, dice, daily read alouds...

and it tucks under the coffee table the rest of the day! Like a “morning basket” but washable & with handles and pockets!

My 18 year old has had one for years for art supplies but I got my own last week & it’s great! Thanks for the idea. And it was under $5!!!

https://www.michaels.com/artist's-loft-fundamentals-tote-bag/10159772.html

Everyone needs one so I gave the link 🙂

C65CC68C-AB03-4830-91A9-1B14F5CC6027.jpeg

Edited by Hilltopmom
Added photo
  • Like 13

4 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

Back when that thread was going, I bought 7 or 8!  Three were gifted, 2 given to my artsy kids, one for my crochet stuff. Maybe my last will become a portable school bag. 

Oh wow.  Somehow I missed that thread.  Yeah I could see using that for crochet stuff.  I wish I would have seen this earlier, but I still want to get some for my artsy kids.  But I would totally use it in the car and going to things when that day comes again.  They are on sale for 3.99!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ditto said:

Oh pretty please let life go back to normal.  Please.  Please.  PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know right?  I am keeping my expectations low.  I keep hearing that even though we have the vaccine life won't go back to normal for years.  Plus I have all kids that are to young to get the vaccine currently.  

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

I know right?  I am keeping my expectations low.  I keep hearing that even though we have the vaccine life won't go back to normal for years.  Plus I have all kids that are to young to get the vaccine currently.  

I saw a report yesterday with the headline that "the next 6 weeks will be the darkest medically in history".   So I am with you, keeping expectations low.  But man I want normal (and not this "new normal" crap, I want real normal).  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

The furthest-out I’ve heard (from what I view as a credible source) was not really fully back to normal as of 2021 holiday season, but almost. 

The mainstream, general view I hear most seems to be around July 2021, for most things back to normal (if we can even remember what that means). I’m hoping things will be close to normal September 2021, for my kid’s wedding. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Quill said:

The furthest-out I’ve heard (from what I view as a credible source) was not really fully back to normal as of 2021 holiday season, but almost. 

The mainstream, general view I hear most seems to be around July 2021, for most things back to normal (if we can even remember what that means). I’m hoping things will be close to normal September 2021, for my kid’s wedding. 

The last article I read said 2024.   Post-pandemic life might not begin until the year 2024, says Yale doctor and ‘Apollo’s Arrow’ author (kcrw.com)

I have heard that a lot and honestly this time I just couldn't even read the article.  The last I heard on the child vaccine they said they didn't think it would be available for kids before the start of school next year.  That concerns me since all my kids are under the age that the vaccine is approved for now.    I had hoped summer was going to be normal, but now I am getting concerned it isnt.  

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Ditto said:

I saw a report yesterday with the headline that "the next 6 weeks will be the darkest medically in history".   So I am with you, keeping expectations low.  But man I want normal (and not this "new normal" crap, I want real normal).  

Yeah, I have heard that about this winter too.  Very sad.  I am not in the medical community, they have already been through so much it is hard to imagine it being worse than it is now.   Again I am not a doctor or a nurse and all this really sad news is really hard to deal with everyday.   I was reading in my town at a nursing home a husband and wife just died of covid less than 48 hours apart.  I was in tears and I don't even know them.  Thank God for the vaccine.   

• Sad 1

I could see it taking until 2024 for everything to get back to the way it was before (if we ever do).    More things will be able to open up as healthcare workers and the most vulnerable get vaccinated, and we get better treatments.   I don't think we'll have good enough vaccination rates in the US to get to herd immunity.  I'm just hoping for enough to keep hospital overwhelm down and, combined with better treatments, we keep the death rate down to more manageable levels.   

I think seeing people wearing masks will be normal for a long time to come in some areas.

• Like 3