Menu

December Frugalistas 2020

mommyoffive

21 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

No, because she's a dependent. She does do taxes (since she has worked over the summers), but there is a hole in there from age 17 to claiming yourself on the 1040. 

That really stinks.  What age is she not a dependent then?  I wonder what they exact reasoning for not giving it to those aged people?  Do they think they all work and support themselves fully?  Or that they are working and not paying the bills since they are still on their parents dime some?   I don't know.  But I wish they wouldn't have left them out.  We have all been affected by this pandemic.  We should be helping everyone.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

That is so great your dd knows how to do it.  Do you need a lift or anything like that to do the brake pads?

Nope, you use your regular car jack in the trunk. Dh says it's easier on him than crawling under to change the oil.

34 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

I don't understand why Congress keep ignoring college students and other adult dependents. Trust me, I'm outlaying cash for my college-aged DD. 

Our two college students 20 and 18 at the time did not get stimulus money in the form of a check, but they and their cousin 18 all got money from their schools. It was $300 each. Ds 20 graduated in the spring, but dd 18 who is now 19 and her cousin (both go to different schools) got another $300 check in the fall. All they had to do was sign up. No income requirement, no paper work, nothing. Both schools said it was Cares Act Money.

https://www.sscc.edu/cares-act-funding.shtml

• Like 2

17 hours ago, historically accurate said:

I have been having trouble buying the correct sizes on Walmart's online. I have gotten a huge bag of milk powder back in March, and last week I got the little teeniest ham ever. No way it's gonna feed us all for Christmas. So, I ran into Aldi today. 85 cents per pound for spiral sliced hams! I got 2 - one for the freezer, one for Christmas day. The teeny ham will go in the freezer until we need some lunch meat. 

Youngest has had some blisters on her toes for a couple of weeks. The NP at her doctor's office wanted her seen by a podiatrist, but she assured us it wasn't COVID toes. Today was the podiatrist appointment. Man walked in, asked about 3 questions, and told us it was COVID toes. Ugh. It's probably been too long for the test to come back positive although he did test her. The other 4 of us all tested negative around Thanksgiving. I can't imagine we all had false negatives. We didn't test her at the time because she's the least exposed of all of us. No one has had any symptoms at all, so I'm very confused. 

70% of people with covid don’t spread it at all. But the 30% who do, spread it a lot.

Your daughter is probably in the 70% non-spreader category. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, saraha said:

Nope, you use your regular car jack in the trunk. Dh says it's easier on him than crawling under to change the oil.

Our two college students 20 and 18 at the time did not get stimulus money in the form of a check, but they and their cousin 18 all got money from their schools. It was $300 each. Ds 20 graduated in the spring, but dd 18 who is now 19 and her cousin (both go to different schools) got another $300 check in the fall. All they had to do was sign up. No income requirement, no paper work, nothing. Both schools said it was Cares Act Money.

Great, I will bring it up to him.  This could save us so much.  

Wow, I hadn't heard that the schools were giving money to the kids.  Neat. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saraha said:

I think to get Cares Act money you had to be a college student last year (during the shutdown phase). DD started college in the fall of 2020, so she doesn't qualify for it as she was a high school student then.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

I think to get Cares Act money you had to be a college student last year (during the shutdown phase). DD started college in the fall of 2020, so she doesn't qualify for it as she was a high school student then.

Hmm, our sign up form just asked if you were a current student. Maybe it is different at different schools. Our school still has money left so they are going to open the application up for Spring semester too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, saraha said:

Hmm, our sign up form just asked if you were a current student. Maybe it is different at different schools. Our school still has money left so they are going to open the application up for Spring semester too.

Now I have to go double check...

UAH says "The student must have been enrolled Spring 2020." 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ah, I'm sorry. Maybe because it is a bigger school? I have no idea.

Ours says:

Who is eligible?

All currently enrolled SSCC students attending fall semester, who were impacted by COVID-19 and are eligible to receive federal financial aid (even if you did not actually receive an aid award). If you have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you mostly likely are eligible. If you are not sure if you qualify, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 800-628-7722, Ext. 2610 or financialaid@sscc.edu.

Edited by saraha
  • Like 2

Zoom is lifting their time limits for calls again 

Zoom is gifting you the opportunity to video chat with friends and family for FREE as long as you want! They are waiving their charge for calls over 40 minutes for two periods over the holidays.

There’s nothing you need to do to have the charge waived. As long as your call takes place during the periods mentioned below, you won’t be charged!

December 23rd at 10am ET – December 26th at 6am ET

December 30th at 10am ET – January 2nd at 6am ET

• Like 2

Got a ton of packages  today.

Got a refund check from a credit card. 

Need to deposit another round of Christmas money.

Need to go pay property taxes. 

Need to check on the refi

Got a notification from our car insurance that they are continuing to cut our rate by 10% until March.  

School is paying for ballet out of the funds for the kids.  They still dance other places so it doesn't pay for everything but sure is a help.

I have another 8 bags ready for donation. 

I am looking at all our accounts and running our numbers for fun.  Just a thing I usually do at the end of the year to see how we are doing.   Wow I am surprised that even with a low rate of return of 5% we could stop saving now and have dh retire at 65 and retire with just a little lower than our current income.  Or we could lower our savings a lot and still hit dh retiring at 55.   This is not including any SS or pensions.  Early retirement has never been a goal.  Dh just isn't interested in it.  He loves what he does.  So we were never shooting for that.  My dilemma is do we stop or lower savings?  Or do we keep maxing out all retirement space and saving on top of that too?  One side of me wants to stop saving and start spending.  Travel and a new house.  But the other side of me worries that if we do that, something could happen and we would regret not having more $. 

Edited by mommyoffive
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, historically accurate said:

Ds fell into this too—technically hadn’t graduated high school, so no $.

• Like 2

President-elect Joe Biden promised a third round of stimulus checks on Tuesday.

President-elect Joe Biden told reporters Tuesday that a third round of stimulus checks will be part of the next pandemic relief bill he'll urge Congress to pass after taking office in January.

When asked if his plan will include direct payments and for how much, Biden said checks will be part of the package, but declined to stick to a hard number.

"Yes. Look, that's a negotiating issue," Biden said. "But it will, yes it will."

Biden promises third round of stimulus checks, but says the specific amount would be 'a negotiating issue' (msn.com)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Got a ton of packages  today.

Got a refund check from a credit card. 

Need to deposit another round of Christmas money.

Need to go pay property taxes. 

Need to check on the refi

Got a notification from our car insurance that they are continuing to cut our rate by 10% until March.  

School is paying for ballet out of the funds for the kids.  They still dance other places so it doesn't pay for everything but sure is a help.

I have another 8 bags ready for donation. 

I am looking at all our accounts and running our numbers for fun.  Just a thing I usually do at the end of the year to see how we are doing.   Wow I am surprised that even with a low rate of return of 5% we could stop saving now and have dh retire at 65 and retire with just a little lower than our current income.  Or we could lower our savings a lot and still hit dh retiring at 55.   This is not including any SS or pensions.  Early retirement has never been a goal.  Dh just isn't interested in it.  He loves what he does.  So we were never shooting for that.  My dilemma is do we stop or lower savings?  Or do we keep maxing out all retirement space and saving on top of that too?  One side of me wants to stop saving and start spending.  Travel and a new house.  But the other side of me worries that if we do that, something could happen and we would regret not having more $. 

This is where we are. Every time I've talked to dh about retiring early he has shut me down, I've tried for years. Before he thought it was impossible no way we'd have the money- but compound interest and he started his 401k at 18- even with an income that is not high it adds up- now it is the health insurance side, he thinks it is prohibitively expensive to buy on your own (I know people that have bought it on their own and it is expensive but doable, IMO). I told him to keep his mind open because who knows what will happen with healthcare between now and then.. I have retirement for him at 57-59 (12-14 yrs) as a goal myself, we'll see what happens, numbers say we should be able to but life and we'll see if he'll want to. Our youngest will be 20-22 by then and the others, 23-25, 25-27, and 28-30. We had planned on increasing savings a bit this year but I'm torn, even at our current rate we are on track to be in a really good place but the more we have the more comfortable he'll feel retiring. I'd like to vaca more than we have and more funds could go towards that.

• Like 3

Argh. The hospital denied my aid application. So I have over $3000 in medical bills due now. I guess I should be happy our income has gone up enough to not need aid (or they have so many requests maybe?). The hospital is only giving me a 6 month payment plan option, so that will be over $500 a month which to be honest I don't have. It feels like 1 step forward, 5 steps back some days. 

I guess it's back to the budget.

• Sad 4

4 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

Argh. The hospital denied my aid application. So I have over $3000 in medical bills due now. I guess I should be happy our income has gone up enough to not need aid (or they have so many requests maybe?). The hospital is only giving me a 6 month payment plan option, so that will be over $500 a month which to be honest I don't have. It feels like 1 step forward, 5 steps back some days. 

I’m sorry, that is really hard. That is almost my house payment, I don’t know how we could have an extra house payment 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, historically accurate said:

Oh I am so sorry.  It does always feel like that doesn't it?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, historically accurate said:

UGH, I'm so, so sorry. Will you get any stimuls to go towards that? (such a sucky way to spend it I know)

Now Trump is saying he wants $600 checks to be $2000 checks.  

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), however, quickly responded to the Twitter post by saying congressional Democrats would move as soon as Thursday, when the House is scheduled to meet for a brief pro forma session, to advance the $2,000 stimulus checks.

“Republicans repeatedly refused to say what amount the President wanted for direct checks,” she posted on Twitter on Tuesday night after Trump’s message. “At last, the President has agreed to $2,000 — Democrats are ready to bring this to the Floor this week by unanimous consent. Let’s do it!”

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) also tweeted that he supported the idea of larger stimulus checks, but he blamed Republicans for preventing them from being included in the bill.

“We spent months trying to secure $2000 checks but Republicans blocked it,” Schumer wrote. “Trump needs to sign the bill to help people and keep the government open and we’re glad to pass more aid Americans need. Maybe Trump can finally make himself useful and get Republicans not to block it again.”

Trump calls on Congress to approve $2,000 stimulus checks, hinting he might not sign relief bill without changes (msn.com)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Now Trump is saying he wants $600 checks to be $2000 checks.  

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), however, quickly responded to the Twitter post by saying congressional Democrats would move as soon as Thursday, when the House is scheduled to meet for a brief pro forma session, to advance the $2,000 stimulus checks.

“Republicans repeatedly refused to say what amount the President wanted for direct checks,” she posted on Twitter on Tuesday night after Trump’s message. “At last, the President has agreed to $2,000 — Democrats are ready to bring this to the Floor this week by unanimous consent. Let’s do it!”

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) also tweeted that he supported the idea of larger stimulus checks, but he blamed Republicans for preventing them from being included in the bill.

“We spent months trying to secure $2000 checks but Republicans blocked it,” Schumer wrote. “Trump needs to sign the bill to help people and keep the government open and we’re glad to pass more aid Americans need. Maybe Trump can finally make himself useful and get Republicans not to block it again.”

Trump calls on Congress to approve $2,000 stimulus checks, hinting he might not sign relief bill without changes (msn.com)

Pbpt.. whatever, who knows with him he likes to talk.

I have to take ds for his last filling today. I'll check to see if they have the account reconciled then. By my figures I owed around $50 for 2 visits in Nov but they overcharged me around $25-$30 for dh's visits (they charge the expected amount based on insurance which isn't 100% accurate evidently). In October they charged me less than what insurance said but I'm bringing my EOB's just in case. Plus whatever today costs.

I'm going to drop off of a prescription at Krogers while I'm in town, hopefully get that $50. I have another prescription to fill up too but will drop it at my regular pharmacy.  Since I've met deductible I think the prescriptions will be $10 or less each. I'd have to look up last time to double check. I'm going to do an abdominal ultrasound if they can get me in next week before the new year. My liver numbers were a little off and I had crystals in my urine, plus I've had this intermittent stomach pain for weeks. Waiting for a call back from the dr's office because they like to schedule referrals, which drives me absolutely nuts. Fingers crossed I can make it in before New Year 🙂

I still have $100 in my medical budget, hoping it all adds up to less or equal to that.

I downloaded the Panera app as I got my giftcard and I get a free bakery/dessert, ds will be thrilled with that. We'll be living high, lol. Going out to eat and a dessert!

Dh picked up a couple more maintenance things for vehicles. Lubing the back end and maybe something else. he's doing all the things. Who knows what he'll think of next.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Soror said:

UGH, I'm so, so sorry. Will you get any stimuls to go towards that? (such a sucky way to spend it I know)

I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to use the stimulus (whatever/whenever it turns out to be) toward the hospital or finish paying off the furnace. We're really close to paying the furnace and it needs to be paid off by April or all the interest gets added back. I'd still owe money to the hospital if we used the whole stimulus as it stands to pay hospital, so it'd be really, really tight to get the furnace paid off. I've got to rework the budget both ways as well as if we don't receive stimulus for a while to really decide what makes sense.

I figure I can probably squeeze another hundred or two from the budget by putting off some purchases, so the hospital may just have to get that, and I'll deal with collections when it goes there. I hate doing that because we have fantastic credit ratings which has really helped us in some pinches, but we really, really are trying not to have to use the credit cards anymore, so I won't pay the hospital and put something else on credit anymore - it's part of the reason we're in the hole at the moment. 

Plan was for me to take a retail job in Feb/Mar to up our income a little after a couple of family things that require my attention, but we may need to up that timeline. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to use the stimulus (whatever/whenever it turns out to be) toward the hospital or finish paying off the furnace. We're really close to paying the furnace and it needs to be paid off by April or all the interest gets added back. I'd still owe money to the hospital if we used the whole stimulus as it stands to pay hospital, so it'd be really, really tight to get the furnace paid off. I've got to rework the budget both ways as well as if we don't receive stimulus for a while to really decide what makes sense.

I figure I can probably squeeze another hundred or two from the budget by putting off some purchases, so the hospital may just have to get that, and I'll deal with collections when it goes there. I hate doing that because we have fantastic credit ratings which has really helped us in some pinches, but we really, really are trying not to have to use the credit cards anymore, so I won't pay the hospital and put something else on credit anymore - it's part of the reason we're in the hole at the moment. 

Plan was for me to take a retail job in Feb/Mar to up our income a little after a couple of family things that require my attention, but we may need to up that timeline. 

I see, good idea to run the numbers and see what makes the most sense.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Soror said:

This is where we are. Every time I've talked to dh about retiring early he has shut me down, I've tried for years. Before he thought it was impossible no way we'd have the money- but compound interest and he started his 401k at 18- even with an income that is not high it adds up- now it is the health insurance side, he thinks it is prohibitively expensive to buy on your own (I know people that have bought it on their own and it is expensive but doable, IMO). I told him to keep his mind open because who knows what will happen with healthcare between now and then.. I have retirement for him at 57-59 (12-14 yrs) as a goal myself, we'll see what happens, numbers say we should be able to but life and we'll see if he'll want to. Our youngest will be 20-22 by then and the others, 23-25, 25-27, and 28-30. We had planned on increasing savings a bit this year but I'm torn, even at our current rate we are on track to be in a really good place but the more we have the more comfortable he'll feel retiring. I'd like to vaca more than we have and more funds could go towards that.

Wow, you guys are really amazing.  So smart to start young.  You guys are in an amazing spot with having the house paid off and on track for early retirement. Did you work pre kids or when they were younger?  What are your plans for college for the kids.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soror said:

Pbpt.. whatever, who knows with him he likes to talk.

I have to take ds for his last filling today. I'll check to see if they have the account reconciled then. By my figures I owed around $50 for 2 visits in Nov but they overcharged me around $25-$30 for dh's visits (they charge the expected amount based on insurance which isn't 100% accurate evidently). In October they charged me less than what insurance said but I'm bringing my EOB's just in case. Plus whatever today costs.

I'm going to drop off of a prescription at Krogers while I'm in town, hopefully get that $50. I have another prescription to fill up too but will drop it at my regular pharmacy.  Since I've met deductible I think the prescriptions will be $10 or less each. I'd have to look up last time to double check. I'm going to do an abdominal ultrasound if they can get me in next week before the new year. My liver numbers were a little off and I had crystals in my urine, plus I've had this intermittent stomach pain for weeks. Waiting for a call back from the dr's office because they like to schedule referrals, which drives me absolutely nuts. Fingers crossed I can make it in before New Year 🙂

I still have $100 in my medical budget, hoping it all adds up to less or equal to that.

I downloaded the Panera app as I got my giftcard and I get a free bakery/dessert, ds will be thrilled with that. We'll be living high, lol. Going out to eat and a dessert!

Dh picked up a couple more maintenance things for vehicles. Lubing the back end and maybe something else. he's doing all the things. Who knows what he'll think of next.

Ha!  Have fun living the high life.  My kids would be excited because we don't go out to eat.  Nice that he has something to look forward to with dealing with the dental work. 

Sending a lot of good thoughts your way about your medical appointments.  I don't know what all those symptoms could be, but it is good you are on the track to find out.  

I hope all the billing works out in your favor.  Good idea to bring everything to be prepared.  

Yeah he does like to talk, but it was ready to go and now he is stalling it.  The $2000 figure is what democrats wanted and couldn't get the other side to agree on. 

Edited by mommyoffive
  • Like 1

Wow, our Gov. just said that everyone in our state is offered FREE at home testing.  It also includes a free video call with a testing supervisor.  We already have free testing sites all over the state and have all during the pandemic for everyone 5 and older with or without symptoms.  Even in our small town we have a free testing site set up everyday.  

Dh realized that our internet bill went up so he called and got a lower bill.  $20 savings every month.

One of our lost packages that has been stuck in New Jersey for over 2 weeks actually moved.  Yay.  It is within 2 hours of the house.

Grocery order put in for the holiday meals. 

We still have a few returns processing.

Still haven't deposited more Christmas money or gone to pay property taxes

Dh and I did talk about our goals after I did the year end review of our investments

• Like 3

At the dentist and they are doing ANOTHER root canal. I don't get it. He rarely got cavities and now this will be 3!!! Root canals this year. I had to call insurance, looks like we'll have just enough benefits as the dentist is cheaper than the endodontist (they couldn't/can't do the other 2). So ya, not staying in budget for medical afterall. 

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, Soror said:

At the dentist and they are doing ANOTHER root canal. I don't get it. He rarely got cavities and now this will be 3!!! Root canals this year. I had to call insurance, looks like we'll have just enough benefits as the dentist is cheaper than the endodontist (they couldn't/can't do the other 2). So ya, not staying in budget for medical afterall. 

Ouchie! Both to the budget and the mouth!

6 minutes ago, Soror said:

He is at the dentist now getting his second root canal right?   During the appointment they saw another tooth that needed a root canal?  Is this the first time they said anything about it?  Have they given you an explanation about why if he didn't get cavities very often why he is having all these root canals?  Are they doing the 3rd root canal today?  Do you trust this dentist?  I am not saying they are scamming you or anything.  I just feel like there is a big difference from dentist to dentist on what they want to do or suggest.  One will say oh yeah there is a cavity and you need it filled and then other doesn't suggest filling it.  That is our experience.  Anyway that sucks.  Your poor son.  I hope he can still eat some holiday food.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

He is at the dentist now getting his second root canal right?   During the appointment they saw another tooth that needed a root canal?  Is this the first time they said anything about it?  Have they given you an explanation about why if he didn't get cavities very often why he is having all these root canals?  Are they doing the 3rd root canal today?  Do you trust this dentist?  I am not saying they are scamming you or anything.  I just feel like there is a big difference from dentist to dentist on what they want to do or suggest.  One will say oh yeah there is a cavity and you need it filled and then other doesn't suggest filling it.  That is our experience.  Anyway that sucks.  Your poor son.  I hope he can still eat some holiday food.  

Yes, a third root canal. ITA about what dentists see varies 💯 but I know many many people personally that go to this one and no reports of him being crazy excessive with work at all the opposite.  I specifically asked all my friends about that very thing as I know from experience some rip you off. I think I need to get him tested for Celiacs but he us not going to be keen in that. He was gluten free for a decade but added it back 1.5 yrs ago he's told me all is fine but all this decay indicates some issue 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soror said:

Yes, a third root canal. ITA about what dentists see varies 💯 but I know many many people personally that go to this one and no reports of him being crazy excessive with work at all the opposite.  I specifically asked all my friends about that very thing as I know from experience some rip you off. I think I need to get him tested for Celiacs but he us not going to be keen in that. He was gluten free for a decade but added it back 1.5 yrs ago he's told me all is fine but all this decay indicates some issue 

Celiacs disease can cause root canals?  

That just really sucks.  I am sorry. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, historically accurate said:

Can you call the hospital and get a longer payment plan if you talk to them about things?  Our hospital and doctors always give at least a year of payments interest free and you don't have to ask about it at all.  

Otherwise yeah cut things from the budget.  Netflix or anything.  Call your insurance companies and see if you can get a discount.  

Otherwise adding income sooner would relieve some stress.  

Not sure what is going on with the Stimulus now that Trump said what he did last night.  Fingers crossed you get that and it would relieve some stress.  Do you get a tax refund?  

Can you lower other bills?  Eat down the freezer or pantry.  Keep getting the school lunches so that you grocery shopping is cheaper.  Beans and rice a few times a week.  Aldi for food. 

Do you do any online surveys for $?  Or the rebates sites like Ibotta?

Can you do some Vipkid?  

Edited by mommyoffive
  • Like 2

Ugh.  Something that we shipped back to return ended up on our doorstep again.  An hour long wait and conversation and we need to ship it back again.  They messed up the return and just sent it back to us.  They are giving us a credit on our refund because of all the hassle.  It is really expensive so they are not just letting us keep it.  

Put in 2 last presents ordered.  Having them picked up when dh picks up the grocery order. 

• Like 1

Celiacs disease can cause root canals?  

That just really sucks.  I am sorry. 

Eating gluten when you have Celiac disease causes absorption issues, so it commonly leads to many teeth problems. Not that is 100% the cause, but I'd like to rule it out since I know it can cause that issue.

Ugh.  Something that we shipped back to return ended up on our doorstep again.  An hour long wait and conversation and we need to ship it back again.  They messed up the return and just sent it back to us.  They are giving us a credit on our refund because of all the hassle.  It is really expensive so they are not just letting us keep it.  

Put in 2 last presents ordered.  Having them picked up when dh picks up the grocery order. 

Like a bad penny! You are having all the luck with your presents, fingers crossed it is straightened out now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Wow, you guys are really amazing.  So smart to start young.  You guys are in an amazing spot with having the house paid off and on track for early retirement. Did you work pre kids or when they were younger?  What are your plans for college for the kids.

I was in college and working PT the first 3 yrs of our marriage. After graduation I worked for 2 yrs and paid off my small student loan and socked away money to prepare for staying home after kids. My kids in PS have 2 free years of CC as long as they follow a few small requirements. Time will tell if the younger 2 end up going at highschool, the 2 yrs is a nice bonus. The rest of their college we'll be a mix of cash flow, summer jobs for them, and maybe small loans. Our local CC now has several Bachelor's programs through other universities and even a couple of Master's programs for very reasonable cost. 

5 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Ha!  Have fun living the high life.  My kids would be excited because we don't go out to eat.  Nice that he has something to look forward to with dealing with the dental work. 

Sending a lot of good thoughts your way about your medical appointments.  I don't know what all those symptoms could be, but it is good you are on the track to find out.  

I hope all the billing works out in your favor.  Good idea to bring everything to be prepared.  

Yeah he does like to talk, but it was ready to go and now he is stalling it.  The $2000 figure is what democrats wanted and couldn't get the other side to agree on. 

I know, we rarely eat out, unless we are out of town, even then I often take food with me. 

I got my ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday so I'll get it in before the New Year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soror said:

I was in college and working PT the first 3 yrs of our marriage. After graduation I worked for 2 yrs and paid off my small student loan and socked away money to prepare for staying home after kids. My kids in PS have 2 free years of CC as long as they follow a few small requirements. Time will tell if the younger 2 end up going at highschool, the 2 yrs is a nice bonus. The rest of their college we'll be a mix of cash flow, summer jobs for them, and maybe small loans. Our local CC now has several Bachelor's programs through other universities and even a couple of Master's programs for very reasonable cost. 

I know, we rarely eat out, unless we are out of town, even then I often take food with me. 

I got my ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday so I'll get it in before the New Year. 

Wow, what a great benefit to have 2 years free at the CC.  

Fingers crossed for the Ultrasound.  

• Like 1

I dropped off my scrip at Kroger's but somehow left my prescription card at home. I'm going to have dh pick it up at the drive through if he has his prescription card.

I got some Ibotta deals at Kroger. Free after rebate Almond milk and Gatorade. I don't usually buy Gatorade but gave it to ds for a treat after his appointment. I also got some almond butter, $2.50 rebate, plus $1 coupon makes it $3.50, even cheaper than Aldi's. The Almond milk was free with a 75c coupon, so I got paid for it. I can't remember what else I got. I ended up with $8.50 in bonuses a few different free things and good deals on things I buy anyway or really good deals on some treats for the kids.I have $44 coming via paypal.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Soror said:

I dropped off my scrip at Kroger's but somehow left my prescription card at home. I'm going to have dh pick it up at the drive through if he has his prescription card.

I got some Ibotta deals at Kroger. Free after rebate Almond milk and Gatorade. I don't usually buy Gatorade but gave it to ds for a treat after his appointment. I also got some almond butter, $2.50 rebate, plus $1 coupon makes it $3.50, even cheaper than Aldi's. The Almond milk was free with a 75c coupon, so I got paid for it. I can't remember what else I got. I ended up with $8.50 in bonuses a few different free things and good deals on things I buy anyway or really good deals on some treats for the kids.I have $44 coming via paypal.

Wow, you built up money fast on Ibotta.  Awesome.

• Like 2

just popping in to say Merry Christmas! Also, I am not worthy of this thread at all this month. 😉 Especially since all 4 kids are home and eating me out of house and home. But I feel blessed to have them all here together since we aren't gathering with extended family due to COVID. 

I'll get with the program in January! Goals!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

This is so true. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, popmom said:

just popping in to say Merry Christmas! Also, I am not worthy of this thread at all this month. 😉 Especially since all 4 kids are home and eating me out of house and home. But I feel blessed to have them all here together since we aren't gathering with extended family due to COVID. 

I'll get with the program in January! Goals!

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

I was awake thinking about money and medical stuff. 

Worried about ds. We are going to get him a Celiac's test, hopefully we can get him in next week but if blood test is positive that is a referral to a specialist and an endoscopy. Same thing I had with dd last year, $1500-$2000 easily. And that is not even half of the suck. Him having to give up all the food and if that happens my menu will be back to strictly gf, which is more money.

And my ultrasound is next week, if anything shows up that will be in the new year too. I should have went to the dr weeks ago when I originally had issues.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Soror said:

I was awake thinking about money and medical stuff. 

Worried about ds. We are going to get him a Celiac's test, hopefully we can get him in next week but if blood test is positive that is a referral to a specialist and an endoscopy. Same thing I had with dd last year, $1500-$2000 easily. And that is not even half of the suck. Him having to give up all the food and if that happens my menu will be back to strictly gf, which is more money.

And my ultrasound is next week, if anything shows up that will be in the new year too. I should have went to the dr weeks ago when I originally had issues.

I'm so sorry.