Menu

December Frugalistas 2020

mommyoffive

Just earned my $25 gift card on Crowdtap, got one for Panera as there is one close to ds' endodontist's office. I've earned $30 this month. Now, to decide what I want to save up for next.

Wal-Mart had all the things in my order, ya! I need to do the math but think I have enough to redeem from Ibotta now, once it goes through anyway.

• Like 3

Picked up the free lunch and breakfast for 14 days for all the kids.  Yay it all fit.  Even the 10 gallons of milk they gave us.  The kids were excited to see everything.  It is always like a mini Christmas when I bring the meals home.  The fridge and and the pantry is stocked. 

Picked up the free crafts from the library.

The company that I ordered from and then 2 hours later they had a 20% off code, finally got back to me.  They gave me the 20% off.  Of course today they sent me a 30% off code.  Oh well.  I am super happy with the 20% off.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

When can they come look at it?

Waiting to hear back from the inspector.  I just left a message saying we removed the tree.  I'm hoping if they come out tomorrow I can avoid tarping it.  Because really it is a waste of money to buy the tarp and it is going to have to be a HUGE tarp

• Like 3

I have been having trouble buying the correct sizes on Walmart's online. I have gotten a huge bag of milk powder back in March, and last week I got the little teeniest ham ever. No way it's gonna feed us all for Christmas. So, I ran into Aldi today. 85 cents per pound for spiral sliced hams! I got 2 - one for the freezer, one for Christmas day. The teeny ham will go in the freezer until we need some lunch meat. 

Youngest has had some blisters on her toes for a couple of weeks. The NP at her doctor's office wanted her seen by a podiatrist, but she assured us it wasn't COVID toes. Today was the podiatrist appointment. Man walked in, asked about 3 questions, and told us it was COVID toes. Ugh. It's probably been too long for the test to come back positive although he did test her. The other 4 of us all tested negative around Thanksgiving. I can't imagine we all had false negatives. We didn't test her at the time because she's the least exposed of all of us. No one has had any symptoms at all, so I'm very confused. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, hjffkj said:

Waiting to hear back from the inspector.  I just left a message saying we removed the tree.  I'm hoping if they come out tomorrow I can avoid tarping it.  Because really it is a waste of money to buy the tarp and it is going to have to be a HUGE tarp

Fingers crossed they can get out there ASAP.   With it being the holiday week, I hope they haven't stopped working. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

I have been having trouble buying the correct sizes on Walmart's online. I have gotten a huge bag of milk powder back in March, and last week I got the little teeniest ham ever. No way it's gonna feed us all for Christmas. So, I ran into Aldi today. 85 cents per pound for spiral sliced hams! I got 2 - one for the freezer, one for Christmas day. The teeny ham will go in the freezer until we need some lunch meat. 

Youngest has had some blisters on her toes for a couple of weeks. The NP at her doctor's office wanted her seen by a podiatrist, but she assured us it wasn't COVID toes. Today was the podiatrist appointment. Man walked in, asked about 3 questions, and told us it was COVID toes. Ugh. It's probably been too long for the test to come back positive although he did test her. The other 4 of us all tested negative around Thanksgiving. I can't imagine we all had false negatives. We didn't test her at the time because she's the least exposed of all of us. No one has had any symptoms at all, so I'm very confused. 

Dh just had something like that happen on Walmart's order too.  It is hard to shop online sometimes. 

Hmmm.  Do you think he is right about the toes?  Seems like a quick decision about that.  But maybe it is really easy to spot?   That sounds really odd that 4 of you would have false negatives too.   How is she feeling? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Dh just had something like that happen on Walmart's order too.  It is hard to shop online sometimes. 

Hmmm.  Do you think he is right about the toes?  Seems like a quick decision about that.  But maybe it is really easy to spot?   That sounds really odd that 4 of you would have false negatives too.   How is she feeling? 

I don't know about the COVID. No one in the family has had any COVID symptoms and the 4 of us were tested Thanksgiving week. Youngest was first seen on the 30th. However, it really does look like COVID toes from the pics I'm googling - it didn't though on the 30th. The blisters hurt pretty bad at the end of November, now they don't bother her at all. Maybe she's developing Raynaud's - it looks similar to that as well, and MIL has that in her hands pretty severe. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by historically accurate
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, historically accurate said:

I don't know about the COVID. No one in the family has had any COVID symptoms and the 4 of us were tested Thanksgiving week. Youngest was first seen on the 30th. However, it really does look like COVID toes from the pics I'm googling - it didn't though on the 30th. The blisters hurt pretty bad at the end of November, now they don't bother her at all. Maybe she's developing Raynaud's - it looks similar to that as well, and MIL has that in her hands pretty severe. 🤷‍♀️

Sending lots of healing vibes to her.  I am glad they are not bothering her now.  I am hoping you all stay healthy. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Raynauds doesn’t blister. If you all got tested too early (like before day 5 after exposure), the tests wouldn’t have picked it up.

Good to know about Raynauds. Maybe it is COVID toes.

Middle and I tested 5 days after her ortho appointment (Sunday Nov 22). College girl was tested 1 day before coming home (Thursday Nov 19). DH tested too soon (in my opinion) after going to Alabama to get DD (Tuesday Nov 24). Middle, Youngest and I had no outside exposure after ortho appointment (and youngest didn't go) except to the other 2 family members and we did quarantine them for a good week after they came home. Youngest went to doctor for the blisters on November 30, and they didn't look like COVID toes at the time. Now they do. Podiatrist said it really looked like frostbite - he was afraid we were homeless and living in a car or without heat. Since we have heat and a home and she's not running around barefoot outside, he decided COVID toes. It's so weird. 

Edit: DH came home on the Saturday before he tested on Tuesday, so not a crazy short period after, but a little quick. Testing was very slow here at the time, so he and College DD were quarantined until the Monday after Thanksgiving, which was the day Youngest went to the doctor. 

Edited by historically accurate
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Paid the bills today and worked on some insurance stuff. Ordered groceries for pickup tomorrow; fingers crossed that midweek delivery works out. The only things I wanted that were listed out of stock were chicken nuggets for Youngest and key lime pie. I think I am going to make French silk pie for christmas instead.

I hope the midweek pickup works out better.  And now I want some pie!  🙂

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

We didn’t find much content we liked on Hulu. We have Disney+ right now...will probably drop it for a bit again now that The Mandalorian is over for the season.

Not much on Starz.

We do like Netflix.

Is there not much stuff for adults on Hulu?  Or for kids?  I feel like there is a lot on Netflix for adults.  That is why I am not wanting to get rid of it.  But I think the stuff on Disney Plus looks way better for kids than Netflix. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 11:17 AM, saraha said:

I wish we could do the school food. Our schools are in person 5 days a week and if you want food, they are wondering why you don’t put the kid in school. Not a friendly environment. Small towns are great except when they are not.

dh is going to the city after work since he’s half way there and picking up stocking stuffer snacks at sams. I HOPE he doesn’t get carried away. I reminded him twice not to and that property taxes are due in January, so crossing my fingers 🤪. Then we are done with the shopping. 

We are eating down our pandemic pantry this month as our budgets went straight out the window at the beginning of March, and now we are Christmas shopping. Definitely going to be a less is more type this year.  Stress and worry has definitely played a roll in just not even trying to keep up with it, and now I am paying for it I guess.

On the upside I started a new blog as a hobby. It’s not flashy and according to the stats no one is reading it, but it helps me feel like I am putting something good out into the world. I have been the support person for 6 kids, one of which graduated from college this spring and can not find a job in his chosen field, so he hasn’t  fledged like he thought he would. So I started the blog just for myself and have been able to claw out some time to work on it a couple of times a week. It is also helping me remember to be great full for how far we have come financially since those early days of our marriage, and to remember how fleeting it can be.

I really hope the rest of this week and this weekend go really great for everyone and that you are able to find a little cheer in every day.

How do I find your blog?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Is there not much stuff for adults on Hulu?  Or for kids?  I feel like there is a lot on Netflix for adults.  That is why I am not wanting to get rid of it.  But I think the stuff on Disney Plus looks way better for kids than Netflix. 

Hulu is best for tv shows that are currently running, with Netflix you watch older series or their content. Hulu has current shows one day behind airing or live if you want to pay a whole lot. I didn't look a lot at their kid content as the kids used to watch more on Netflix. They don't watch much on any of it now.

10 hours ago, historically accurate said:

Good to know about Raynauds. Maybe it is COVID toes.

Middle and I tested 5 days after her ortho appointment (Sunday Nov 22). College girl was tested 1 day before coming home (Thursday Nov 19). DH tested too soon (in my opinion) after going to Alabama to get DD (Tuesday Nov 24). Middle, Youngest and I had no outside exposure after ortho appointment (and youngest didn't go) except to the other 2 family members and we did quarantine them for a good week after they came home. Youngest went to doctor for the blisters on November 30, and they didn't look like COVID toes at the time. Now they do. Podiatrist said it really looked like frostbite - he was afraid we were homeless and living in a car or without heat. Since we have heat and a home and she's not running around barefoot outside, he decided COVID toes. It's so weird. 

Edit: DH came home on the Saturday before he tested on Tuesday, so not a crazy short period after, but a little quick. Testing was very slow here at the time, so he and College DD were quarantined until the Monday after Thanksgiving, which was the day Youngest went to the doctor. 

I'm sorry, I hope you get some answers 😞

11 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Paid the bills today and worked on some insurance stuff. Ordered groceries for pickup tomorrow; fingers crossed that midweek delivery works out. The only things I wanted that were listed out of stock were chicken nuggets for Youngest and key lime pie. I think I am going to make French silk pie for christmas instead.

Fingers crossed for you!

12 hours ago, hjffkj said:

The tree is removed but now we have to tarp the roof to not have more damaged caused.  You guys, half of the roof is collapsed. How the heck are we supposed to tarp this hole.  Gigantic is an understatement

Hope they can get out there soon!

14 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

I do, I'm going to try this.

• Like 1

I'm working on getting medical stuff before the end of the year while the deductible is met. I need to call the dr for my thyroid lab orders. I have 2 prescriptions that I can get refills on too.

I am 86 cents from my Ibotta rebate. But there is one more thing that has a $1 rebate that I need to get, so annoyed I forgot it on my list yesterday.

Making homemade candies today, yum!

Need to message company about returning my shoes so I can drop it off when I take ds to his appointment tomorrow.

A friend of dh's is giving him some deer meat, lots of people hunt around here but end up with more meat than they eat. My poor freezer. I've got to work on eating it down.

And dh had to replace the brake pads on my van yesterday, that ended up being $25 as he had a $25 gift card in his wallet. He is trying to take care of any and every vehicle thing while on break from school. We'll see what else he finds to do. My auto budget is hurting. 

Edited by Soror
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Soror said:

I'm working on getting medical stuff before the end of the year while the deductible is met. I need to call the dr for my thyroid lab orders. I have 2 prescriptions that I can get refills on too.

I am 86 cents from my Ibotta rebate. But there is one more thing that has a $1 rebate that I need to get, so annoyed I forgot it on my list yesterday.

Making homemade candies today, yum!

Need to message company about returning my shoes so I can drop it off when I take ds to his appointment tomorrow.

A friend of dh's is giving him some deer meat, lots of people hunt around here but end up with more meat than they eat. My poor freezer. I've got to work on eating it down.

And dh had to replace the brake pads on my van yesterday, that ended up being $25 as he had a $25 gift card in his wallet. He is trying to take care of any and every vehicle thing while on break from school. We'll see what else he finds to do. My auto budget is hurting. 

Wow, it is that cheap to replace brakes on your own?  They charge so much for that.  I wish we knew how to do more things on our cars.  

Have you done Ibotta a lot?  I always mean to start those.  Maybe now is the time.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, math teacher said:

How do I find your blog?

https://snappymeals.blogspot.com/

keep your expectations low! 😆

33 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Wow, it is that cheap to replace brakes on your own?  They charge so much for that.  I wish we knew how to do more things on our cars.  

Youtube! My dh isn't a mechanic, but he is a whiz at watching youtube videos and figuring stuff out. It is definitely that cheap to do your own breaks.

Edited by saraha
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Have you done Ibotta a lot?  I always mean to start those.  Maybe now is the time.  

Dh's dad used to rebuild cars on the side so he got lots of experience growing up. I think he said something about having to do the other side too, don't quote me on that. Somethings he still has to look up for a refresher or learn something new but because he has that background knowledge and experience it makes it much easier.

No, I've not done much with the Ibotta. I did it for the Thanksgiving deal but then when I picked my order up they had a bunch out of stock so I didn't have enough to redeem it. I was thinking I need to look and see what they got so I can build up enough to get some back because it annoys me that I bought stuff only for the refund and haven't got it yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, saraha said:

https://snappymeals.blogspot.com/

keep your expectations low! 😆

Youtube! My dh isn't a mechanic, but he is a whiz at watching youtube videos and figuring stuff out. It is definitely that cheap to do your own breaks.

Yeah dh uses Youtube a lot for fixing things and has saved us a ton of money.  There are somethings that he feels better about having someone else do.  WE had to replace our gas water heater and although he thought he probably could do it, he didn't want to mess with gas in case something went wrong.  I am not sure he would want to do the brakes.  I will have to ask him. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Yeah dh uses Youtube a lot for fixing things and has saved us a ton of money.  There are somethings that he feels better about having someone else do.  WE had to replace our gas water heater and although he thought he probably could do it, he didn't want to mess with gas in case something went wrong.  I am not sure he would want to do the brakes.  I will have to ask him. 

My dh is with yours, I don't think he would mess with a gas water heater either. But changing break pads isn't hard at all. He has taught one of our daughters to do it and she does it under supervision.

13 minutes ago, math teacher said:

Thanks!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

33 minutes ago, saraha said:

My dh is with yours, I don't think he would mess with a gas water heater either. But changing break pads isn't hard at all. He has taught one of our daughters to do it and she does it under supervision.

Thanks!

Yes, you can only learn so much from YouTube. The vehicle work that dh did this weekend would have been a very bad idea to just do off of Youtube as he could have messed things up very badly If he didn't have that knowledge and experience. He's far from a pro but can do most things if he has the equipment. He's not as fast as a shop would be but he gets it done. 

• Like 2

The adjuster called and turns out he doesn't even need to come out.  With the detailed pictures and info we sent he said he can just send over a quote next week.  WE're going to tarp it if we can't get the broken items out to itemize them but if we can get all the items there is no need to tarp it because the shed itself is a tear down and rebuild.

Oh and he's estimating the age of the shed at 5 years old for depreciation purposes, which is great since I would guess it was older.  We just have no idea though.

My brother is coming to hang out today so maybe I'll ask him to help me get the items safely out of the shed.

Edited by hjffkj
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

The adjuster called and turns out he doesn't even need to come out.  With the detailed pictures and info we sent he said he can just send over a quote next week.  WE're going to tarp it if we can't get the broken items out to itemize them but if we can get all the items there is no need to tarp it because the shed itself is a tear down and rebuild.

Oh and he's estimating the age of the shed at 5 years old for depreciation purposes, which is great since I would guess it was older.  We just have no idea though.

My brother is coming to hang out today so maybe I'll ask him to help me get the items safely out of the shed.

Oh yay that is great news that they don't need to come out.   Thanks for keeping us in the loop about this.  It is a great learning experience.  I still can't believe that it isn't the neighbor's responsibility.   Blows my mind.  I hope that it gets covered and you guys don't have any expense from it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saraha said:

Thanks!

That is so great your dd knows how to do it.  Do you need a lift or anything like that to do the brake pads?

• Like 1

Walgreens has DiGiorno Rising Crust Frozen Pizza (Various Toppings) on sale at 8 for $22.37 when you apply promo code QUICK20 in cart and follow the deal instructions below. Select free store pickup.

Note, availability may vary by location. Must be logged in to account to use coupons.

Login or Join MyWalgreens (free to join)

Add a Quantity of 8 of DiGiorno Rising Crust Frozen Pizza for store pickupAvailable Varieties (can mix or match)

27.5-Oz Pepperoni

31.5-Oz Supreme

29.8-Oz Three Meat

28.2-Oz Four Cheese

Check your offer page for an additional "Get 10% Walgreens Cash rewards all month long!" offer and clip it (optional - may vary by account)

In cart, apply promo code QUICK20

Proceed to checkout

Total will be $22.37 + Free Store Pickup

This is from Slickdeals. 

Now I know why the code from Walgreens didn't work before.  I didn't log into an account.  Duh

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Oh yay that is great news that they don't need to come out.   Thanks for keeping us in the loop about this.  It is a great learning experience.  I still can't believe that it isn't the neighbor's responsibility.   Blows my mind.  I hope that it gets covered and you guys don't have any expense from it.

I sort of understand the reasoning behind why the neighbor is at fault because that is  standard across the industry.  My guess is it costs the insurance companies less money in litigation to just have the industry standard that if it is weather related the person with damage files a claim with their insurance.  Now if we could prove she knew it was unhealthy and likely to fall she would be at fault. That reminds me, I need to talk to the claim person about how to go about making a paper trail for other trees that I feel will be an issue in the future but are on her property so we can't take them down.

• Like 2

Walgreens has DiGiorno Rising Crust Frozen Pizza (Various Toppings) on sale at 8 for $22.37 when you apply promo code QUICK20 in cart and follow the deal instructions below. Select free store pickup.

Note, availability may vary by location. Must be logged in to account to use coupons.

Login or Join MyWalgreens (free to join)

Add a Quantity of 8 of DiGiorno Rising Crust Frozen Pizza for store pickupAvailable Varieties (can mix or match)

27.5-Oz Pepperoni

31.5-Oz Supreme

29.8-Oz Three Meat

28.2-Oz Four Cheese

Check your offer page for an additional "Get 10% Walgreens Cash rewards all month long!" offer and clip it (optional - may vary by account)

In cart, apply promo code QUICK20

Proceed to checkout

Total will be $22.37 + Free Store Pickup

This is from Slickdeals. 

Now I know why the code from Walgreens didn't work before.  I didn't log into an account.  Duh

oh I'm going to do this!  thank you.  We've been stocking frozen pizzas for those lazy days.  or for us more so the house emergency days

• Like 2

More on the Covid 19 Relief checks in case you were not following it.

Back in April, most adults received $1,200 checks, plus $500 per child. This time around, eligible adults as well as children under 17 will receive $600 each.

The terms are pretty similar to what they were back in the spring; adults making more than $75,000 in 2019 will see that amount reduced, and people making more than $99,000 won’t get a check at all.

The U.S. Treasury Secretary says distribution will happen almost immediately, with checks starting to hit accounts the week of Dec. 28.

• Like 1

More on the Covid 19 Relief checks in case you were not following it.

Back in April, most adults received $1,200 checks, plus $500 per child. This time around, eligible adults as well as children under 17 will receive $600 each.

The terms are pretty similar to what they were back in the spring; adults making more than $75,000 in 2019 will see that amount reduced, and people making more than $99,000 won’t get a check at all.

The U.S. Treasury Secretary says distribution will happen almost immediately, with checks starting to hit accounts the week of Dec. 28.

Your eligibility numbers are for single tax filers.  Here are the numbers for head of household and married filing jointly. 

• Single tax filer: AGI under $75,000 (full amount) to under $99,000 (sliding scale). You won't qualify at $99,000 or above.
  • Head of a household: AGI under $112,500 limit (full amount) to under $146,500 (sliding scale). You won't qualify at $146,500 or above.
  • Married, filing jointly: AGI under $150,000 (full amount) to under $198,000 combined (sliding scale). You won't qualify at $198,000 or above.
  • Like 2

Some other Walgreens deals

Walgreens has a Select Bundle of Crest and Cottonelle Products when you follow the instructions below. Select free same day pickup where available.

Log into or Register for a Balance Rewards Membership to be able to clip coupons (free to join)

Add Choice of 5 to cart (clip $8 and $1 coupon on item page)

33.8-Oz Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Mouthwash (Refreshing Clean Mint)

33.8-Oz Crest Intense Mouthwash (Fresh Mint)

More (choose items priced at $4.99 with "Spend $10, Get $5 w/ Cash Rewards" and the $8 ad $1 coupon)

Add Choice of 2:

12-Pack Cottonelle CleanCare Double Roll Toilet Paper (24 regular roll equivalent)

12-Pack Cottonelle Ultra ComfortCare Double Roll Toilet Paper (24 regular roll equivalent)

Proceed to checkout

Enter promo code QUICK20 (only works with "Same Day Pickup" option, not the ship to store option)

Total will be $22.34 (see note about bag fee) + free same day pickup

You will also earn $10.36 in Walgreens Cash Rewards.

I went with:
5 of these for a total of 10 tubes of 5.4oz toothpaste (recently bought this type on another SD for $1 for 4.6oz and loved it!)
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c...09-product
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c...42-product

4 of these:
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c...03-product

$44.91
-5.58 20% promo (ETA: the 20% is off the adjusted total after coupons. Whatever coupons you have, add that to the $25 to get the 20% off)
+2.75 tax
-17.00 online coupons
------------
$25.08 total

$20.44 Walgreen's Cash Rewards for this order.

Walgreens has Select Gillette Fusion Proglide Razors and Blade Refills on sale when you follow the instructions below. Also earn $20.42 in Walgreens Cash Rewards. Select free same day pickup where available 

1. Log into or Register for a myWalgreens Membership to be able to clip coupons (free to join)
  2. Add Choice of 1 to cart (clip $6 coupon on item page)
  3. Add Choice of 1 to cart (clip $5 coupon on item page)
  4. Add Choice of 1 Gillette Venus Razor to cart (clip $5 coupon on item page)
  5. Add Choice of 1:
  6. Proceed to checkout
  7. Enter promo code QUICK20 (only works with "Same Day Pickup" option, not the ship to store option)
  8. Total should be $21.57 (see note about bag fee). You will also earn $20.42 in Walgreens Cash Rewards.

From SD

• Like 2

we'll be getting $4200 with this new stimulus check.  No idea what we'll do with it.  We do want to support some of our favorite locally owned businesses so some of it will go to that.  But we will also likely put a good chunk in savings until we know what the shed quote will be.  Seeing as our deductible is almost exactly the amount of the check we'll likely come out even if we do decide to replace the shed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, historically accurate said:

I don't understand why Congress keep ignoring college students and other adult dependents. Trust me, I'm outlaying cash for my college-aged DD. 

Yeah that really stinks.  I am sorry.  I remember the discussion about it the first round of checks.  There isn't a way for her to get it when she does taxes or anything is there? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hjffkj said:

we'll be getting $4200 with this new stimulus check.  No idea what we'll do with it.  We do want to support some of our favorite locally owned businesses so some of it will go to that.  But we will also likely put a good chunk in savings until we know what the shed quote will be.  Seeing as our deductible is almost exactly the amount of the check we'll likely come out even if we do decide to replace the shed.

Don't you have 6 kids?  Does the baby not count or do you have to wait until tax time? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Your eligibility numbers are for single tax filers.  Here are the numbers for head of household and married filing jointly. 

• Single tax filer: AGI under $75,000 (full amount) to under $99,000 (sliding scale). You won't qualify at $99,000 or above.
  • Head of a household: AGI under $112,500 limit (full amount) to under $146,500 (sliding scale). You won't qualify at $146,500 or above.
  • Married, filing jointly: AGI under $150,000 (full amount) to under $198,000 combined (sliding scale). You won't qualify at $198,000 or above.

Thanks! I posted to fast and didn't add the other stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mommyoffive said:

Yeah that really stinks.  I am sorry.  I remember the discussion about it the first round of checks.  There isn't a way for her to get it when she does taxes or anything is there? 

No, because she's a dependent. She does do taxes (since she has worked over the summers), but there is a hole in there from age 17 to claiming yourself on the 1040. 

• Like 2