Menu

Conditioner for long hair

MercyA

The Hive came through with a recommendation for mascara. I ❤️ Tarte Lights Camera Lashes! Now, another request. 

My lockdown lack-of-a-haircut has resulted in hair past my bOOks and heading towards my waist. I like it and I think I want to keep it. 🙂 

Any recommendations for a great, ultra-moisturizing, anti-breakage, cruelty-free conditioner? Under $10 is best. Also needs to be color-safe. Bonus points for smelling really good.

Thank you!

What I use:

One and Only Argan Oil conditioner - this is the smaller bottle.  Even my hair stylist noticed a positive difference.

comb with a wide-toothed comb with the conditioner in it in the shower before rinsing.  Helps greatly to avoid breakage. 

Once my hair has started to dry put in a good hair oil/cream.. This is my favorite:

Su Uemera Nourising Hair cream   It's expesive. 

Most nights I put argan or moroccan oil on my hair and sleep on it - or I put it on in the morning and wait 30 to an hour or more to wash my hair.   This is the one I use:

Moroccan Oil hair treatment    Here's a cheaper version:  Agadir Hair Treatment

Finally, I try to do a hair mask about 1-2x per week.   Again, I like the One and Only's hair mask.  I'm about to try two new ones: Kerastase and Moroccan Oil Hair  Mask.

none of this stuff goes on the scalp.  I put it mid-shaft down - consentrating on the ends.  

• Like 2

Following. DD (whose hair is mid-back) and I just got back from getting hair cuts. I got my hair totally chopped from bra strap to above the shoulders. Anyway, the stylist tried to sell us $$ leave-in oil (said our hair was dry) but I hard passed on that. (Sheesh, I don't go to Great Clips to  then blow my money on product.) So...apparently I'm in the market for good conditioner. 

• Like 1

I have long hair too that leans toward dry and now I color it to hide the grey.  I used to use Biolage which I thought was expensive, but seemed worth it to me.  Then I moved to an area where it was a pain to get it (but I think it is in Wal-Mart now) so I switched over to L'oreal Paris Elvive , Total repair extreme conditioning.  It seems similar to Biolage to me.  And it is cheap.

I also wash my hair much less than I used to.  

• Like 1

Moroccan oil was good for me for a while but ended up causing dandruff so making mix it up won’t something else.  I’m currently liking essano oil one although it’s not super moisturising.

https://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/essano-argan-oil-nourishing-conditioner-300ml?msclkid=f87b54e4156213d67b080baaf689421b&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bing shopping latest&utm_term=4579122335781193&utm_content=Ad group %231

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 1:33 PM, KungFuPanda said:

I’m about to resort to coconut oil. I’m also about to give myself a trim, so maybe nobody should follow me off this cliff. 

I have long dry hair which tends to become stiff and rough if I do not use heavy duty conditioner. So, I use coconut oil as a hair mask and leave it in for 2-3 hours every alternate week. I also have used Argan oil and it also helps.

• Like 1